title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, March 26, 2018

What's the big deal?

Did you watch the 60 Minutes segment with Anderson Cooper and whatever that woman's name is?  I can't remember...did 60 Minutes do an interview with Monica Lewinsky back in the day? Not while Clinton was in office, I don't suppose.

What a fiasco.  All up in arms about what a man did 11 years ago.  So...Trump is a pig or was a pig, or possibly will always be a pig.  Powerful men attract women.  The men with their huge egos, are enamored by the attention.  At least he hasn't had any dalliances while he is President--that we know of.
===============
I've been watching the Kennedy documentary on CNN every Sunday night at 9:00.  I am surprised how open CNN has been about this family.  So far they haven't mentioned anything about the many affairs or sexual encounters President Kennedy had before and during his time in office, but when his life in the White House is all laid out, in chronological order, he was a very ineffective President.  He told brother Bobby, "If I don't have sex at least once a day, I get terrible headaches."  So it was up to Bobby to build JFK a nice harem.

His first year in office was a fiasco.  The Bay of Pigs incident, the whole Civil Rights movement that he didn't want to get involved in.  If it hadn't been for his brother Bobby, advising him on every move, and Daddy on the sidelines helping him and Jackie charming everyone, and his doctor injecting him with a cocktail of drugs every day, this man wouldn't have known how to pardon the Thanksgiving Turkey.  Yet the American people were duped into thinking he was some kind of Saint.

At least he didn't kill any of them like brother, Teddy.
===================

How far back do you want to go with President's having dalliances with women, other than their wives?

FDR died in the arms of his mistress in Warm Springs, Georgia, while his wife Eleanor was in New York, sleeping with her woman friend.

Eisenhower?  Kay Summersby, his British driver and mistress while he served in WWII.  At least that affair ended when he returned to the States.

Kennedy gets the Blue Ribbon for Man Whore in Office, but LBJ wasn't far behind and had his fair share--before and while in office.

Clinton?  Oh my Gosh!! He had them before--$850,000.00 paid to Paula Jones to keep her mouth shut.  Even when he and Monica were shown in vivid color to the entire world and he lied about all of it, most of my Democratic friends laughed, "Oh, he's just a playboy."  He had many affairs before and while in office and according to the Secret Service, he still has a "Special Lady" that lives a couple of miles away from his New York home.  While Hillary is on tour, the SS drives up the road and brings the Special Lady for a visit with Billie Boy.

Obama?  Never!  Probably not because he hasn't had the chance, but he knows darn well that if he played, Michelle would beat his wimpy body within an inch of his life!  She's got all the muscle in that family.

So now we have this doo-dah.  At least he isn't diddling 
while he is in office.  So why the big uproar now?

12 comments:

  1. I have to agree ... most men in high office cheat and lie and dilly dally. And you're right ... this stripper gal thing was YEARS ago. The part that bothers me the most is when these pigs use our White House and the time we pay for ... so the taxpayers are paying for their playing. Just disgusting ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be part of our Presidential history. What amazes me is how quiet the media is when it is a Democratic President, unless it is right in their face. I think the media is very biased--on both sides. I just wish there was a news program that told the news factually and not slant it to their biases.

      Delete
  2. I only watched about ten minutes of the Stormy Daniels interview---don't really care and I'm sick of seeing her big boobs all over the place. But I do understand what the big deal is. It's because paying her hush money around the time of Trump's campaign broke laws regarding campaign donations. Not only was it not declared, it was WAY over the limit. That's what got Edwards in so much legal trouble.

    I'm shocked about LBJ. I didn't know he played around and even more shocked that he found a woman would do it with him. I also must say that's it's catty to put Obama down that way for being faithful to his wife. Any fair-minded person can see they are very much in love with each other.

    I'm not watching the Kennedy documentary. One sleazy whore hound, lying president is all I can handle at one time. I get my fill with the nightly news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. And don't be so sure Hope Hicks wasn't the unofficial whore in the White House. What other Director of Communications/x-party planner do you who daily steamed a president's pants while he's still wearing them?

      Delete
    2. I was just referring to the President's. Yes, I think the Obama's are in love, just as the two Bush President's are in love with their spouses, but I still think Michelle wears the pants in that family.

      Delete
    3. Not while LBJ was in office--what a gross person he was, but lots while he was in his other government positions.

      Delete
    4. Agree that the Bush's were and still are loving spouses. I liked it better in the days when we were kept in the dark about the sex lives of presidents. But that cat is out of the bag and isn't going back in.

      I'm still scratching my head about LBJ but I am starting to remember that a woman who claimed to be his mistress is the one who started the conspiracy theory that he was the one who had JFK killed. I still wish they's unlock the Warden Report and put the whole mystery of who did it to rest.

      Delete
  3. Well said. Things are ridiculous now about everything anyway! I blame social media! Have you tried One America News? I think it's kind of boring but they usually just report facts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. My husband and I have been asking each other about the relevance of what Trump did more than 10 years ago, when he was a civilian and businessman. What about Clinton! I don't think morals and politics marry very well, but Clinton was impeached --- and he went nowhere! That has flummoxed me for ages. Yes, Kennedy was a hound, probably didn't know where he was most of the time, but since he was assassinated in "our time", he's been made a hero!! George Washington may have had a mistress, Thomas Jefferson surely did, her name was Sally Hemming and she was a slave of his!!
    I don't feel like a personal morality in a marriage is so relevant to how a man can "run" a country-- although most of them aren't running the country!They're just puppets, and for whow??
    Before, even in the '60s, the media wouldn't reveal such details about the sordid affairs of presidents, etc. How many other women have been paid off by how many in government? I heard at least one woman was killed after her affair with JFK , and I agree with Jean R.-- Why was the Warren report held in such secrecy? ( I love what JFK said to RFK. How many women get a headache if they have to have sex! Funny. Men really just be from a different planet.)
    I have a very strong feeling that nobody in government (nor in the world) has always been upright and truthful ---they're buman. I wish Trump had been upfront about the women he's had relations with, and I am disgusted he felt he had to pay off Stormy Daniels or anyone -but he was shooting for the evangelical votes, and he got them. Guess what, evangelicals have affairs, too. I
    The world is full of corruption, in every walk of life. 😢

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't listen to all of this and this is the first time i am hearing.....

    i have been busy knitting!!!

    ReplyDelete