title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Jude--undercover agent

Look what I got in the mail.

Obviously my Meijer store main frame computer system reads my receipts and knows what I buy.  Then they mail me these coupons.  Is this creepy?  Do I feel like Big Brother or Vladimir is spying on me?  The first time it happened, I kinda did, but being the least paranoid person you know, now I find it wonderful.  Who cares if "they" know what groceries I buy.  Just send me those coupons for FREE stuff and cash-offs.
============================= 
My next door neighbor Tammie--remember her?  She went from Catholic, to Seventh-Day Adventist, to Wiccan to Susie Super Christian--remember her?

Well, she likes to post those vague statues on Face Book--the kind that drive me crazy.  "I just wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better."

No explanation.  People commented, "Are you all right?"  "What's going on?"  "I'm worried about you."  Which is just what these 'vague status posters" want.

She didn't reply to any of the comments---which of course leaves her friend's in a worried condition so they call her and get the information.

I love how people use FB to elicit sympathy in weird ways.  NOT!

I did not comment on her post.  I did not private message her.  I did not call her.

Wednesday morning when I woke up and walked in the computer room, I saw an enormous County sheriff SUV pull into her drive.  The cop went into her house.  After about 20 minutes, he came out and drove away.  She came out and also drove away.

About half an hour later, her husband--the Prince of Wiccan's drove in.  He got out of his car and staggered into the house.  I figured he had been in the drunk tank during the night and she had to bail him out.

Then yesterday evening, I got a private message from her asking, "Were the cops at my house today?"

I replied that I had been gone from 11:30 to 3:00, so I didn't know.  

She leaves for work at 10:30 at night and shortly after she left, husband took off in his car.

This morning, when I opened Face Book, there was another status post from her.  "Pray for me!  I have had the police take my husband to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation."

Nothing like telling the world that your husband is a nut case!  

I saw her drive away this morning around 9:15.

Who knows what is going on? I'm sure she will post all about it.

Personally, all the neighbors feel they both should have had a psych eval years ago.
==============
I much preferred living out in the country, with my nearest neighbor 1/4 mile away and I had no idea what was going or not going on in their lives.  I lived in my own Pollyanna world and had no idea that people like Dar and Tammie and her hubs even existed!
===============
Pearl was home yesterday and I did get down to see her.  She came home to visit her cat and get some more clothes around 7:00, but had to be back at the rehab place by 9:00.  So far, she has had NO physical therapy.  I guess Merle and the kids had a conference with the director at the rehab place.  I understand there was a bit of yelling from her kids---demanding to know the plan.
=============
Over and out.................


8 comments:

  1. Target keeps track of what I buy and either sends me paper coupons or puts the special deals on cartwheel which is an app on my phone for Target. I'm quite happy that Target is keeping track as it lowers the cost of what I buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grocery doesn't send coupons, but the flyer each week that comes in the mail shows what's on sale, and the bogo which is sometimes a good thing. Actually, I'd go somewhere else but I get my scripts there; might as well buy groceries.

    Judy, I don't know what you're doing for Easter, but I hope whatever it is, you'll enjoy yourself.

    I thought I knew what we were doing, but low & behold it seems like now nobody knows. :)

    xpxp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly there is just no privacy at all in the world anymore, when you see how big brother tracks us with everything we do.

    I truly do not know what goes on with my "neighbors". Nor they with me, although there isn't much to report on my end. I noticed the home closest to me was simply empty and it took a postcard in the mail from the realtor telling everyone (including me) it was for sale and I thought wow those people had only been there a little over a year why are they moving? They were just wonderful quiet people, so now I have to be concerned about noisy neighbors...sigh problems of the someone with too much time of her hands I suppose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Meijer coupons they send in the mail and don't care if they track me. But a few weeks ago when I made a donation to PBS TV and I started getting PBS posts on my Facebook page I felt that was a bridge too far. There is no true privacy left.

    I have a Facebook friend who makes cryptic posts like Tammie's. She's bi-polar and says way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! One of our so-called friend's "ex" posted, "Tell my ex to not post any pictures of his "former"family. Message him to take them all down!"
    Several hours later, I saw his reply to her post, "Do not message me to take down any pictures of my "former family"! It will never happen!"
    I shook my head, and told my husband--who worked with this nut of a guy--"You'll never believe what's going on with Richard!"
    He said, "Whatever he did, I would believe it!"
    I have a feeling it's going to get uglier before next week. This is a first "family", or ("former" family), argument I have seen in 9 years on FB. I don't know why people have to rip their families apart in front of others. I don't think I know either of them, but I felt it was ugly for people to be so spiteful --- and about a dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my grocery store sends personal coupons too, based on my buying habits!! i think it's great...coupons i can actually use!!!

    i have no idea what my neighbors are doing. i primarily live in the back of my house, 1 acre of land, other homes are not really in view!!

    happy easter judy, i hope you have something special planned. we celebrated yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whether we like it or not; our purchases and what we look at online are tracked: products, politics, contributions, etc. I once knew someone who lived off the grid. I guess it can still be done, but you'd really have to be committed.

    Your neighbors are endlessly entertaining. I know nothing about my neighbors' activities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't stand to know what others are doing; hence I don't do fakebook.

    It is truly creepy the way, if you look at ANYTHING on the Internet, you get advertisements for similar things shoved in your face on any site that allows adverts. I think it's sinister. Haahaha but sometimes I do click.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete