title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Thanks for the nice comments, but I am not that good a neighbor!  I was feeling bored and it was sunny out and I decided I needed a walk.  I didn't get very far when my back started aching (a signal that I need to walk more) and I saw Merle, so it was a good excuse to stop and talk to him and then head back home and stop at Dar's to rest my back and then Jackie's to drop off a plastic container.

See--not really a visit to check on my neighbor's.  Don't give me credit I don't deserve.  LOL
====================
The book binding machine at the print shop has been broken for a week!!!  I had two finished genealogies I wanted to mail out!  Yes, I could have taken them to Staples and had them bound, but this little print shop is just up the road and is a local business, so.............

A lady from there called me yesterday morning.  The punch/coil machine was back in the store, good as new.  I waited until 2:00, because you know I have to wait until after my Soap and make all my appointments after 2:00.  Actually, my mind and body don't really work well before noon!

One genealogy was well over 100 pages, the other one around 50.  She asked me if I wanted to wait, that she would bind them right then.  So I did.

Got home, wrapped the books, put them in the Priority Mail boxes, weighed them, inserted the invoices and a letter to my client, printed out the postage labels, arranged for a pick-up by my mail lady.

Then I put my hands on each box, said a prayer of blessing over each one and sat them by my front door.  Yes--you will think it's weird--that I pray over the books before they travel to their people.  But ya know--I just ask God to bless the person/family that will receive the book  I want it to bring them joy and hopefully generations to come will enjoy the books too.

Actually, I love the genealogy research so much that I'd do it for free.  I get such a "high" by going as far back as I can and thinking to myself how surprised the person is going to be when they see the results.  I love looking at the completed book and seeing how nicely it turned out.  Of course, in a practical sense, I can't afford to do that.  Discounting the hours spent researching, just the cost of the special paper--which by the way just went up in price to $40.00 for box of 100 sheets, inkjets, and the printing costs, book binding, postage--well, I'd be using up my grocery allowance pretty quick!  

As it is, I don't make much of a profit.  My daughter's tell me I should charge more per hour.  I tell them I don't want to price myself out of a fun job that gives me something to keep my mind sharp and chases away the boredom.  HAH!
======================
So today, I gotta run up to Walmart to pick up a prescription and get some food to last the rest of the month.  I am getting tired of eating a half a sandwich for lunch and supper.  I suppose on the way back, I better stop in and visit Pearl at the rehab place.

Then tonight the NCAA basketball tourney starts up again, so I have a couple of games to watch.  
==================
I pray my friends on the East coast are surviving their 4th Nor'easter in 4 weeks.  My Gosh!  Crazy weather.  We are sunny, but not warm--although my Crocus are blooming, as they always do this time of year.

Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

  1. I"m pretty sure I'm the one who gave you the idea of doing genealogy research for a business, so maybe I should get a tip every time you do one. LOL Having done them myself, I understand the thrill you get.

    Have fun with your basketball March Madness, but know that I hate how they are messing with the normal programming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me and my soap! Now though, I'm able to record it. My dad got me hooked on Y&R so many years ago. After he was totally retired, you could find him in the kitchen making his little sandwich and glass of milk just in time to watch. Whenever he saw me he'd ask "Did you see the program?" So then it became 'the program' :)

    I need to go pick up some prescriptions as well, however have to wait for the a/c tech to get here.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like you been busy. Isn't geneolgy interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. It snowed all day here on Wednesday, and we're supposed to get rain and snow tomorrow. That's not exactly the norm around here, but you know how it goes. We still can't control the weather.

    You've been a busy girl. Glad you got your genealogies in the mail. I'm sure you feel a sense of satisfaction when you finish a job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it is a wonderful practice to pray a blessing over them prior to sending! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the prayers for the east coast....the storm went out to sea and Teddy got another half day of school off! Now we are expecting more snow tonight but it is not much. Just that it is cold.
    You ARE a good neighbor!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you get your paper at amazon or somewhere local? Maybe at amazon it would be cheaper and delivered right to your door. Let me know if i can help you check on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neither my mind nor my body work well before noon either. I make all appointments for the afternoon. Imagine going to the dentist, for example, at 7:30 in the morning? They actually do that! Haaaahahahaha -- not me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete