title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I's Here!

Here I am.  Honest it's me and not Judy's secretary, but she could use one!  And a house keeper, laundress, gardener, chauffeur.

It snowed here on Sunday morning.  May 15th and it snowed.

Night time temps in the low 30's.  I know this is Michigan, but this weather is just weird, even for us/.  I checked my journal and every year I've lived here (13), I have ALWAYS had my porch pots filled with annuals and seeds in the ground on May15th or the week after.  This year it will be Memorial Day.  Plus--this kind of weather does not even inspire me to "work up" my raised bed garden for the Zinnia seeds, or stop in at the garden center to even look at annuals.  I haven't even opened the file folder I make each fall, with what I want to plant the next spring.  So depressing!

Because of our large snow falls in April, only the very tops of my Lilac bushes have blooms.  They still smell as sweet, but.......................................and yet, the grass keeps growing and Don the Lawn Mowing Man keeps coming every Monday, at $20.00 a time.
==============================
I have been so busy with the genealogies I am doing.  Finishing up one and knee-deep in another.  Last night at 9:00, I discovered a "thread" up from like a 6th great grand father, that took me to 106 AD.  106!  That's like a mere 100 years after Jesus died!  I actually got chills.  Back then the names of the people were things like, "Woden, King of the Saxons." One guys name is Bodacious, but they called him Bodik. I finally stopped with the "climbing up the generational ladder" at midnight and have taken a rest this morning, but I hear Bodik calling me.

I gotta get a good look at those 45 generations and make sure they really are connected to the 6th great grand father.  

I have subscribed to International Records, so that is why I am finding records from Germany and Norway and England and................it is truly amazing what good records they kept of baptisms and marriages and deaths--if you can read their writing, which is sometimes near impossible.

Oh yes.  There was a Farfeal too.  His title was "Farfeal the Arguer."  What would your old world title be?  "Judith The Tall.  Princess of the Germanic Women Warriors!"
==================

This guy has a perfectly beautiful Oriole feeding station, filled with nectar, grape jelly and half an orange.  Why does he instead want to sip from the Humming Bird feeder and scare my Hummers away
Bird brain!!!
?


Can you see the Hummer up on the right?
======================
My phone was out for 4 days and I didn't even know it.  HAH!  The Comcast guy came out yesterday and the problem is not the Modem, although he gave me a brand new, up to date one.  It is the telephone lines that run under the house.  I asked him lots of questions, while I sat near him to watch what he was doing.  He explained everything!

I didn't know that because I have phone service through Comcast, I don't need to plug the phones into the wall phone jack.  I just need to plug the base phone into the Modem and all the extensions run off that.

I also didn't know I didn't need the router that is hooked up.  The minute he unhooked it, the light green light on the Modem turned a bright green and my Internet connection ran faster.

At one time, there were two computers in this room.  Thus the need for the router--I guess.  When Freddie died, I disconnected his stuff and gave it to his son.  Then I moved his desk over here and just reconnected everything that way it was.

So--needing two new phone extension because mine are really, really old--I ran into Brighton to Best Buy and got a 3-phone pack.  Did you know, you can get packs of up to 10 phones?

One is the base and sits in here plugged into the Modem, the other two are to replace my living room and bedroom phones.  I let them charge for 16 hours, then plugged in the base to the Modem this morning.  Voila!!!  Really no static, which I had been experiencing.  Wonderful!

I had 11 voice mails since Friday.  3 from Walmart Pharmacy suggesting it would nice if I came in and picked up my prescription that had been ready since Friday morning.  HAH!

I am also finishing up a Toddler knit sweater for Chris and starting on the very cool crocheted vest she has created.

Plus, I expect a call from the painter any day now, so I gotta climb up and wash down the ceiling fan blades.  

Ya know.  When you are climbing tree branches up into the very tippy top of a family tree--all things seem to pale in comparison and other work is completely forgotten.  LOL




6 comments:

  1. DO be careful climbing! My blades need to be cleaned but I'd have to bring in a ladder to reach them. Lightning got our modem a while back; it seemed sorta nice not to be tied to the computer. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad for the update, Judy!

    Sunday our weather man said it as 1953 the last time we had snow on the 15th of May, and boy did we get a lot of it. We had hail the day before that. I bought some flowers today but am afraid to put them out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dp Not climb up and clean your fan blades. Your painter will probably gladly do that for you.
    Your oriole is so beautiful-

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Your painter will wipe them down. My painter even changed all of my lightbulbs in the cathedral ceiling! Since they are up on the ladder anyway.

    I've been looking at my genealogy also ... some of those names! Eleazor. Sherod. So interesting. I don't know how you can trace a line back so far. Super detective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very busy, but it seems like you're enjoying everything. Yes, be careful on a ladder, but it sounds like from everyone the painter can do that for you.

    I do see the hummer. LOL

    The older names are so interesting. My maternal grandfather, whom I didn't get to know, was Erastus. I've heard that a lot of people called him Ras. Some of the older names have come back i.e. our grandmother was Ella - and so many years later I've had two cousins name their girls the same. Sadly though, not because they were naming them after her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been cool here too, in South Carolina. Really delightful, actually ... lots of porch sitting weather. Normally we would have been swimming for two weeks, and the pool is sparkling thanks to my husband's hard work, but it's still too cold. Dagny does like to sit on the edge and splash her feet on the short end with her mommy right beside her, but she's a little rascal. We only use our cell phones now. When we had a land line it was just a nuisance. I have that same hummingbird feeder and it leaks. It's from two years ago. So last year I got a new leak-proof one. It leaks too. I don't know what to do because I love seeing my hummers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete