title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, May 6, 2016

I Think, Spring is Here.

I don't want to admit and I am almost embarrassed to admit I am hiring someone to paint!!  Yes--the ceilings, but I am perfectly capable to paint the walls.  It might take me a few weeks, but I COULD do it.  But hiring that done too.

Hank stopped in yesterday evening.  Such a nice man.  I fell instantly in love because he looks so much like my BIL Chuck, who I adore.  Hank is a bit taller--around 6'6"!  Skinny as a rail and no wedding ring, but--I think too young for me.  He is friendly without being overly chatty--kind of quiet AND he doesn't ever use tape around the edges.  He just cuts it in using his very steady hand.  That proves to me he is a professional painter because I know, those guys NEVER use blue tape to cover the window edges, doorways, etc.

One coat of primer and two coats of paint on the ceilings, and only need one coat on the walls  With that much paint on the ceilings, they will be easier to clean because those little plaster thingies that hang down, won't catch the dust anymore.  YAY.

He will buy the paint because he has a 10% discount at Home Depot.  I will need about 3 gallons--at $30.00 a gallon.  

I had an estimate figure in mind.  Had decided if he came in on that figure or under, it was a go.  If not?  Sorry.

He came in exactly on the labor figure I had in mind, PLUS I am also getting the bathroom ceiling done--kind of as a bonus because he figures it will take him way less than an hour.

He is backed up because of the weather and apologized that he can't get to me for a couple of weeks and I told him--whenever you have time.

I adore him!  His personality, his mannerisms, the calm, quiet way he talks.  A local painter with great reviews.  

Maybe next year I can get this over crowded room done as well.
==========================

Speaking of John.  Huh?  Lol. 

Last spring, John and Maizey would stop in if he saw me outside.  We'd sit on the porch and chat.  Then during this past winter, he'd occasionally call and want to know if they could stop in on the way back from their walk, to get warm.  Then it got to be every single day--usually in the morning.

Now--John and Maizey stop in TWICE a day!  Once in the am and around 8:00 at night--just when I am sitting down to watch my programs.

He tells me that Maizey won't walk by my house--she won't walk up the service drive either.  She gets to the corner and sits down and refuses to move until he starts walking this way.  At the end of my driveway, she sits down and won't move.

Really?  Who is the leader of this dog walking stuff? Apparently Maizey?

John is a nice man.  He does like to be helpful.  He is DRIVEN to help others.  He helps even when people don't want him to help!

Possibly being the 7th child in a family of 13, gives him a need to be recognized?  He wants to be liked by everyone?  He goes over and above board to be helpful.

Like when he snow plowed 16 driveways in early March and injured his foot/ankle and now has to wear an air cast.  He didn't need to plow that many driveways--some places have husbands that plow their own drives.  He seemed a bit obsessed and crazed that day.

He's a nice man, but sometimes his "company" comes in to visit at an inopportune time for me.  Shall I say anything to him about it?  Of course not!  Because, he is a nice man.
================
This guy is not only hungry, he is very loud!  Sharp, shrill chirp, surprised me and startled me and made me jump.

10 comments:

  1. OH my it's time to get the oriels feed? I'm behind times.

    That was a good decision to not do the wall painting yourself. I have no doubt you COULD do it but then you've spend what you saved on the Chiropractor. I should paint but it's so much work getting all the furniture pulled out of the way and things put back that I keep putting it off.

    When a dog like Maizey has his mind on visiting you and the cats, I have no doubt John (or anyone else) could make him go another way short of carrying him. Dogs can be very stubborn like that. I agree that John is too nice to say anything about his visits. It's not a one way street for him. He helps with stuff you need help with and you provide him with human contact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing when you meet a nice man like the painter....actually, sort of rare these days, it seems. I have a feeling you will enjoy having him do the work. Congrats on hiring someone to do it.

    Love that pretty Oriole....we will have them nesting soon at LM's house. Each year we have 2 pairs in the same 2 trees. Really love their call.

    Funny about Maizey and John......it is nice to know someone is checking in with you so often, although, I can see where sometimes it might be inconvenient.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found a reasonable painter, and that he seems to be a nice guy. I have a short story about a paint job here, but will tell you later. :)

    Judy, I hope you'll have a nice and happy Mother's Day. It's going to be quiet here which is fine and dandy.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you decided to hire a painter. Too bad he's so far from me or I'd hire him to paint my house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! So glad you are hiring someone. There comes a time when it is a safety issue and Jean is right about any savings would be lost in visits to Chiropractor!

    Your home will look so clean and bright for summer!! Take before and afters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. John sounds lonely~~~and you're filling a need in his life.(Maybe, though you like being alone, he's filing a need in you, too?) Sounds too handy and nice to boot out, to say nothing of the adoring Maizie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy- missing your posts... bet you're doing genealogy- I love doing it too! Hope all is well. Louise from Covington,Tn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking in on you! You haven't posted here or on FB for a while, which is unusual! Hope you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news about the painting. H does the ceilings. I paint walls and trim, but I leave the ceilings to him. I don't do ladders anymore.

    Poor John. He's probably lonely. I would hate an 8 o'clock visitor, though. I'm ready for bed by 9 o'clock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, John sounds like a real sweetie. But I understand unwanted intrusions when you're trying to relax. It sounds as if both he and Maizey love your company. You're going to love it when your painting is all done. Sounds like you found a honey of a painter. xoxo

    ReplyDelete