title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, April 1, 2016

It Was A Day



It was a beautiful funeral for Mother Angelica.  I watched the entire Mass.  It may be a strange thing to day, but watching her TV show, every Tuesday and Saturday nights, has helped me grow in my own Protestant faith walk.

I gotta tell ya though, -----Catholics must be blessed with large bladders because just the Mass itself lasted for two hours.
===============
Have you ever been just sitting idly and casually without thinking, reach up and just ran your hand from your chin down over your neck?  I did that, while sitting in my chair and felt a hair--growing out of my neck.  I went searching for it with my thumb and index finger, found it, pulled it away from my neck.  That thing had to be nearly 3 inches long!!!!!

I wonder how many people have seen that disgraceful thing sticking out of my neck and why didn't anyone tell me?  I tried to yank it out, which didn't work, so I went into the shower room, got my razor and shaved that thing off.  It was as white and as bristly as could be.

Yes--the wonderfulness of growing old.  We women no longer have to shave our legs or under our arms. Which leaves us more time to tend to our mustaches, chin whiskers and neck bristles!!!!!
================
6:00--Dar came over with the usual rant about the kids living with her.  She wants them gone and yet, when they came, she told her son she'd give him a year to get back on his feet.

8:00--Dar was still talking when John called to ask if he and Maziey could stop in.  He had just returned from his week up north and was taking Maizey for her evening walk.

9:00--John and Maizey left.  I fed the cats and at 9:30, finally was able to make myself some supper!

7 comments:

  1. You had a BUSY day with lots of chatting! Exhausting. I'm not sure how you put up with Dar! You are a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the embarrassment of finding LONG hairs like that and have wondered the same thing! How many people saw that? I usually find them in the car where light is coming in from all sides. So I keep tweezers in the car.

    That was quite a cliff hanger you left... Stay tuned to find out why Dar wanted John to stop by. With her family living there she shouldn't need help that they can't do for her. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar did not want John to stop by, she doesn't even like John. She was here, when John stopped in and she left quickly.

      Delete
  3. Dar talked for two hours? Mercy! It doesn't seem like John was gone for a week. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mother Angelica's quote. Never heard of her, until you.

    How could a 3" hair growing in a weird place not be noticed? Argh. 'Course, as I stranger spotting someone's shirt tag out, I will comment, tactfully. But commenting on whiskers or bristles? Not touching that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a good laugh over your chin hair story. The hubs is in charge of keeping an eye on that for me, I always remind him when we are in the car with good light!!

    ReplyDelete