title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Terrific Thursday

80 Degrees today


I don't think I ever showed you this.  My gal pals gave it to me when Fred died.  It represents his dog Tootz and it will go on the corner of Fred's grave stone--which is flat, so this will work well.  It is an angel dog and I love it.  It has been residing in the living room, just inside the door, where Fred's shoes stayed for months.


I got up this morning and headed for the laundromat--groan!  Last year when I had to wash my big, heavy bedspread, I went to the laundromat in Howell--the town 3 miles west of me.  I posted then about the nice older lady I met and how she encouraged me.  The rest of the laundromat was small, dirty and filled with a lot of weird people.  I figured, since Brighton, the town 3 miles east of my is inhabited by rich, snobby people, their laundromat might be a tad nicer?  I was not disappointed!

The place is large, with lots of sunlight, tons of machines and CLEAN!!!  I loaded that thing in the big washer and sat and watched it roll around--17 quarters was the price.  Then I threw it into the big dryer and watched it roll around--6 quarters.  I walked outside while some of this activity was going on.  It is right next to a nice walk-way that goes around the millpond in town.  If there hadn't been so many geese, I might have walked, but every time I went near the walkway, they started over toward me and geese can get pissed at you if you don't have food or if you make a sudden movement.

After the spread was dry, I had a nice long, big clean table to fold that big thing on.  I went and found the manager and told her that I appreciated how nice and clean she is keeping the place.  About the only thing I noticed while I was in there, people watching--two old guys--they both had New Balance shoes on--YAY!  Two younger guys--their jeans pulled up around their waists where they belong, and one young pregnant woman who loaded ALL her clothes in one of the big washers, stuffed them in there nice and tight.  I don't think they had room to wash. Apparently her momma never told her the first step in doing laundry--separate your colors.  Her whites went in with her blacks, reds, purples.  Tsk, tsk.

I have hated this bedspread since the day I bought it--at Fred's request.  It is heavy--too heavy for me.  I like a Mattlaisse spread, with a light weight thermal blanket under for winter.  Pammie loves this bedspread, so guess what--she's getting it.  She wants a heavy spread.  I got my old Mattlaisse spread out of the cupboard and put it on and slept like a lamb last night--no heavy thing laying on me and making me tired.

===============================

Now--a gripe.  This is the view I have outside my front window, when I am sitting at my computer.

I can almost pretend I am living out in the country--it is very quiet. 

===========================================


This is the view when I look out my living room window,
and kitchen window.  It annoys me.



This is what I see through my bathroom window
and
my bedroom window.

There is just too much stuff!!

This unit sits between Pearl and I.  We try to ignore the resident!  Note--the large wood pile over by her porch--it is against park regulations to have wood or anything flammable stored by your unit.  It is suppose to be in your storage shed.  Plus, she has more "whatever's" in her yard--you are only seeing about half.  It looks the same on Pearl's side, except she has many wooden planters--that are rotting out and full of weeds.  This is AFTER she spent hours, cleaning up her space.  Before, there was a bunch of wooden tables piled up on top of her wood pile, a broken rocking chair on top of that, several chairs stacked to the side and other junk all along this side of her unit. She wonders why she has a problem with mice and other rodents getting under her unit and tearing out the insulation.  Get rid of the wood pile!

She was married, when she moved in, to a very nice young man who kept the place immaculate.  She threw him out after a couple of years and now has a guy living there that performs magic tricks for a living.  You never see him outside doing a thing.

But wait--that isn't the bad stuff.  She is loud--she is always angry--and she has a few links missing in her chain of thought.  She gets home, sometimes, at midnight, when apparently she deems it is time to dump things in her garbage pail--which sits on the porch and is another infraction of the park rules.  She bangs the cover, throws that garbage pail around and in essence, wakes me up.  Sometimes, she gets on her cell phone, which she has with her constantly, and either stands on her porch or walks around the yard and talks--very, very loud--and laughs--somewhat the sound of a mule.  This all at midnight or after.  She is always arguing with someone on the other end of the phone--so at times, she gets very abusive in her language and gets even louder.  She paces a lot--either around her yard or out in the street.  

She "thinks" she has a lot of problems--someone is always messing up her life.  She likes to fight with posts on FB. Back and forth with the person she is angry with--let's let the whole world know you are an idiot, shall we?

She went to medical tech school a few years ago--paid by her husband--and had two jobs in that field.  Fired from both.  Then she worked in two different nursing homes--fired by both--because at the first home, she got too "close" with one of the older residents and at the other one, she "forgot" to give out the night time meds because she was playing Angry Birds on her phone.  Then she went to work at a home for mentally challenged men.  Got fired from there when she took one of the guys out to Wal-Mart and neglected to tell anyone they were going.  That place actually had to call the police because they thought the young man had run away from the home.  Then she worked at a fast food restaurant for three months until she got fired because she was giving out free food to her son and friends of his.  (Her son was born when she was much younger and raised by her parents.)  Now she works on assembly line at a small manufacturing place--should be able to handle that I think?

As for some of her FB posts--I remember one post in particular that really floored me.  She said something to the effect--"I need help with my car.  It needs repairs and I don't have the money.  I have asked God to help me.  He is the only one who can help my ass and he better damn well get moving!"  Pray and curse in the same sentence.  Hm-mm.

She can't afford car repairs, but she is always coming home with animals.  She has a bearded lizard, an aquarium full of frogs from the Amazon, a guinea pig, and 3 canaries.  One day I heard her crying--really loudly--it sounded like she was right under my kitchen window--and she was.  She was digging a hole in the yard and sobbing.  I called out the window, "Tami, what's wrong?"  "Goldie just died and I am burying him.  He was the sweetest bird ever!"  and she buried him and then put an angel figurine on the grave--which of course her hubby had to move every time he mowed.  

Fred disliked her to the nth degree.  I have seen him be already to leave and then peek out the living room window and say, "Tami's out in the yard.  I gotta wait until she goes inside or she will engage me in conversation and she is just...weird."  The day Fred died, she came over here boo hooing and pacing up and down in my living room.  "I just don't know what I'm going to do.  Fred was my best friend!"  Then she looked at me, sitting calmly in my chair, "What are you going to do?  How can you be so calm?  I'd be laying on the floor and screaming!"  I replied quietly, "Yes you would, Tami....and would that help anything?  Would that change anything?"  Pearl was here at the time and told her to leave.  "Carrying on like you are isn't helping Judy any either!"

Actually, she and Dar react to things much in the same way--they lose their minds!  They rant and they rave and they get all jumpy and jerky in their movements--and the more upset they get, the louder they get, but--THEY HATE EACH OTHER.  

Tami uses the "F" word a lot and Dar will not put up with cursing--unless she is the one doing it!  Pearl has told Tami that she is immature in her actions.  I have told her that the more she thinks on something, the bigger she builds it up in her mind until she is out of control.  

One night, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep--something had awakened me.  So I got up and saw a red flashing light--it was the county sheriff and he was going into her house.  Then they came back out on the porch and she was telling him --loudly of course--with many gesticulations, " My sweetheart and I had a misunderstanding and he left and said he was going to drive into a telephone pole."  Mind you, I am in my house, windows and doors closed and I could still hear her tirade.  So the sheriff left and I clicked on FB to see what she was posting, because I knew she would.  She had already changed her relationship status to "single" and posted, "It's the middle of the night and I need prayers because R has left and I think he is going to kill himself!"

I shrugged and went back to sleep.  Awakened again at around 3:30 a.m. and she was shouting out on the porch again--into her phone.  Then she walked around the back of her house and back to the porch again--on my side.  I kept my lights off, as I do if something awakens me and I don't want whomever to know I am looking out windows.  Then she clicked off the phone and is wailing.  I thought perhaps I should go over to see if I could help, but a small voice told me, "NO!"  So I went back to bed.

Got up at 7:00 a.m. and jumped on the computer as I always do in the morning--and there was a FB post in which her relationship status was changed back to "engaged,." and his car was in the driveway.  I looked for the earlier post and apparently she had deleted it.  Later that morning, Pearl asked, "What was all that ruckus about last night?"  

Pearl said last week, they woke up at 3:00 a.m. and Tami was shouting, "You don't love me anymore!"  But, if you asked, "how are things going?"  She would tell you how wonderful this guy is, how much he loves her and how wonderful life is.

At one time, she told Pearl and I that she was going to lose the house and was going to sell it and move.  We nearly cheered and clapped, but, so far--it hasn't happened. 

Oh good grief--I just heard something and looked out--it's 9:30 at night and she is pacing out on the road and yelling into her cell phone--throwing her arms up in the air and kicking at stones or something!! 

I don't know--she's just nutz!!!  I know--I am being too critical of people.  Snarky, nasty, intolerant, snobbish.  I just want to live in a hut in the woods all alone where the only noise is squirrels chattering and birds singing!

Okay--I gotta get off here and go finish up clearing the rest of the stuff out of the living room and vacuum it all so the carpet guy can clean tomorrow.  

We are suppose to have a frost on Sunday night.  Good thing I didn't plant my annuals yet.

See ya...........  




3 comments:

  1. I have two very old - Mattaalaise spreads.
    White, one my grandmother's and the other my mother's. I love them. They are on the two beds upstairs in the loft bedroom. They are worn in places and I wonder if one of my daughter's will appreciate them like I do.
    I look at them and they bring back so many memories...
    Drizzling rain, the flowers in my 3 year old garden are beginning to bloom - looks like a picture.
    Have a good day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love crazy neighbors! They keep you entertained. There used to be several rental houses around us when we lived in Redford. There used to be people moving in and out of them all the time! Those were some characters, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mattlaisse spreads.

    I love your crazy neighbors, and I believe this is the first time I've been introduced to Tami. I have crazy relatives. When my sister was dying, I would call her and tell her all the crazy goings on. We would laugh and laugh.

    The view from your front room is beautiful. Nothing beats beautiful trees.... unless it's the ocean. And we can't afford oceanfront property, can we? Whew!

    The dog-angel is perfect.

    ReplyDelete