title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, May 13, 2013

My Heart Hurts!

A friend's blog that I read everyday-------well, wait a minute.  How can I call her a friend when I have never met her?  Isn't this blogosphere strange?  We start reading a blog and before long, we feel so involved in that person's life.  We have learned their habits, the things they like to do.  Their husband's and children's name--even grand kids names sometimes.  We see pictures of their gardens, and homes and children and grandchildren and their pets.  We see what they are reading and--I go with their critique of a book and order it for myself.  We see their poems--some they have written themselves.

Such is this "friend" of mine.  She writes beautiful poetry.  She has beautiful gardens.  She met her second husband later in life--and I know how sweet that is--to find live in our later years.  He, in turn, designed and planted a beautiful garden at their local church.

I have been reading that her son is very ill.  Severely ill.  Then he seemed to be doing better.  When she went to spend Mother's Day with him she found out that he is not going to get better.  The doctor came in and gave them the news.  Through her pain, all she can think of is how happy she was that she was there with him when he heard the news.

We have all been praying for him--and her--and the family.  Calling on God to bring a miracle.  It seems so unfair.  It may not be in "the plan" for a miracle, but I know, that I know, that I KNOW--God will be there with them all and the next few months--there will come as much happiness as can be packed into this kind of situation.

I just feel so badly--I cried when I read her latest post.  We can all relate to how she feels--if we are mother's are if we are aunties--I remember when my nephew died--it felt like one of my own children.

So--I ask you to pray for this friend.  She is such a lovely person.  Never a caustic word on any of her posts about anyone.  She is so precious and has been so encouraging to me over the last few years.

I won't post her blog address to protect her privacy.  Just please pray for the family.  Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. How nice of you to do this post, Judy. I too, was heartbroken when I read Balisha's post yesterday. I am holding thoughts of peace and comfort for her in my heart each minute.
    You and all the wonderful people who's lives and hearts have connected through the wonders of cyberspace, truly are friends, at least I see it that way. My blog friends have become so dear to me and have cheered me and comforted me through so much of my recent life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying continuously. This world is so full of hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy...
    When I read this...I quickly had tears in my eyes. All my blogging friends are so special to me. I know that they are there for me and that they care deeply. Many friends who we have physical contact with...don't know what to do or say at a time like this...so they avoid the issue. Maybe it's easier to face these things when we don't see the other person or hear their voice on the phone, but I know that if you lived next door...you would be there for us right now.
    Thank you for posting this beautiful post today...
    Your friend, Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do get get involved in the lives of our blogging friends. When you read someone for a long time, you get a sense of them and become attached and have feelings for them. I'm so sorry for your friend.

    ReplyDelete