title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, August 8, 2019

One week old and I haven't met him.

======================
Today I woke to cool weather and low humidity, which caused me to react in a frenzy of opening windows and the front door.  I do so hate the hot and muggy.

Lunch today with the Old School Gal Pals.  For some reason, they decided to drive down here to Howell.  I checked the menu prices and I'm not liking the $10.00 price for a sandwich!

I like to have our lunches in Durand, which is about a 35 minute drive from here and close to my sister, so that I can swing by for a visit after lunch.  Saves time and gas.

I don't know who suggested Howell--it will an hour drive for those coming from Owosso (north of Durand).  I guess they thought it would be more convenient for Beth and me?

I don't even know where the place is so had to do a Map Quest.  LOL and, Bethie is off on vacation so she won't be there.  I am curious to see how many of the 11 of us show up.
====================
A Dear Friend just diagnosed with breast cancer.  She is taking it better than I am.  She's just about the age of my daughter Pammie, and it feels like one of my own kids had to go through this.  It just makes me sad for her.  I know she will be all right, but still.......

People keep telling her what a strong woman she is and I think.....    people always say that, like there is any other choice?

We aren't all that strong, but what can we do when we are faced with the death of a husband, or a malignancy, or other life threatening disease?  

We have to walk through it or stumble through it or just make it through however we can.  It is as it is.  There are only two choices--get through or give up, and we rarely give up.

People have told me, that for all I have gone through, what a strong woman I am.  It just makes me laugh inside.

I certainly am not.  I'm scared most of the time.  Sometimes I get so anxious, my whole body shakes.  I wake up each morning with a lot of depression.

I just put one foot in front of the other and keep stumbling along.  If I have any strength, it comes in my faith that God will get me through anything I have to face.  He has for 80 years, why would He quit on me now?

It's a beautiful day today.  I will take it with no expectations and tonight, during my prayers, I will thank God for this day.

9 comments:

  1. Ohmygod, that "strong woman" comment is something I heard often while caregiving my husband and I've always hated it for the reasons you wrote...like what real choice is there but to power through it? Very few people walk away from things like that and you CAN'T walk away from a serious diagnosis like your friend got. Just once I would have liked to hear someone say, "I'll bet inside you're falling apart."

    Grand-baby is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "God won't quit on me now," comment is one our family uses all the time.

    "If God has brought us this far, He's not going to abandon us now."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that so often as well...and my answer is, "What choice do I have? No one and I mean no one wants to see a broken down woman." Let's see, I have had breast cancer, my husband had a series of strokes, my son had open heart surgery, oh and I had a emergency full hysterectomy...life is life...one can choose to go on or not. I have full faith in our Lord and savior.

    We live in a very small town; 80 miles from Buffalo or Rochester. We have to drive anywhere/everywhere if we want to have a nice meal out.

    Your grandbaby is adorable. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to use that phrase from now on .... you must be falling apart inside.

    Hope your lunch turns out to be fun and delicious! You can always call and ASK your sister to visit you!

    Handsome happy baby boy. I bet when Momma heals up from C-Section, you will be invited over for a formal introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, strong women is what I am told, what else can we do, this year was
    horrible with heart attack and so much else, at the moment uti
    makes me so sick and seems no antibiotic helps, a dna test has been done
    We hang in there nothing else to do but pray and ask for wisdom.
    4 years older then you and now need some help or rather feel better
    when someone is around since children scattered everywhere.
    Told the family I will die with my camera in my hand and writing.
    Remembering you as we continue onward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww look at that sweet Della reading to baby boy Harrison! That's just so very cute. :)

    I thank the Lord every morning that I wake up. Been a little busy doing nothing the last couple of days. Sometimes, it's just what I need.

    Chin up, lady. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look how sweet those great grandbabies are! Im sure you'll meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet picture. I know you want to hold him!
    I think everyone feels I'm not strong. I surely don't feel I am, but what "they" think is of little importance, really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a great grandson who is 5 1/2 months old and I've only seen him once for a few minutes. His mother said once, "It's out of the way to go by (our place)". But we are able to see the great granddaughter often and she's a treasure. In my "old" age I feel somewhat of a change coming over me; a lot of things are of no interest to me anymore. So, as you say, "Onward and Upward".

    ReplyDelete