title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, June 22, 2018

The First Day of Summer, the longest day of the year.  Yesterday, we had 15 hours of daylight.



I have never had a balloon before.
I kept hugging it.



My sister Susan and Chuck came down and brought Subways for us.  Their tradition is a cup-cake with a candle on it.

I made a wish and blew out the candle and it came back on.  So I kept wishing and blowing until the candle finally sent out a few sparkles and went out for good.  I must have had 10 wishes!!!
==================
As is a family tradition, the family member who has just celebrated their birthday, is reminded that the next day, they start on a new age.  So, I was reminded not to worry about being 79, as today I start my eighth decade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a bit funny and now that it is imprinted in my mind, when/if someone asks my age, I will probably reply, "Eighty".  Just let me enjoy being "only" 79 for at least the next 12 months, okay?
=====================
Seventy-Nine?  It boggles the mind.  Just stop and think, really ponder and think of your own age.  How did we get here so quickly?  To say, "A year from now," sounds so far away.

To have to suffer with a toothache for a year, would be impossible to bear.  To think of not seeing a loved one for a year, would also be heart rendering.  To think of being eighty in "just" a year, and knowing how quickly that year will go, is almost frightening.

But--I will make it and....there better be a big party, with ALL my kids and grandkids and family, with more balloons and cake, next June 21st.  Just sayin'!
==================
Now to be depressed a bit--I am starting my 8th decade AND the days are getting shorter--daylight-wise.  Heading toward the Winter Solstice where we get about 3 hours of daylight, or so it seems.  Again time--moves so slowly from December to June and so quickly from June to December.

...and with that happy thought...........

26 comments:

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Dear Judy! You never had a balloon before? I think I got my first birthday balloon in 2016! I adore birthday balloons and we do not DO birthdays without them anymore. It just wouldn't be right. What was your present, in that bag you're holding? Do tell.

    But do NOT obsess about that silly number. I know you won't but how right you are: it IS mind boggling how swiftly it goes. The Bible says our life is but a vapor. Best enjoy every second of it because "Time stays; we go."

    I hope you have a truly wonderful summer. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that bag was a bunch of small bags of different chocolate candy, a book of inspirational and humorous writings, a gift card to the grocery store.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! Make sure you have a party with all your family next year---plan it yourself and job-assign various jobs to everyone. I loved the party I planned for myself every bit as much as I would have if someone else had thought of the idea first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that kind of spirit.

      Delete
    2. The party will be out at The Farm, where there is more room, a large lawn for playing croquet, a nice big grill for hot dogs and hamburgers.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, celebrate the daylight! Celebrate your life, and all the years of it. A life well-lived, that 's what we all wish for when we blow out those candles. You look so happy, so delighted, to be doing so. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved the day my birthday is on. Glad I was born 3 weeks late. LOL

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday
    and this one ahead of you on the road of life
    All the same, just slower,
    take care of yourself and enjoy life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a pretty good road, hasn't it?

      Delete
  6. Personally, I think you are one fantastic lady, Judy Ann! :)

    So glad you had a good birthday, and by George when it comes time for my 80th I'm gonna plan a party too 'cause these monkeys in my circus might not want the kind I do. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy Ann--of even Judy Jean. LOL
      My monkeys will do a great job on my 80th--my sister will make sure they fall in line. HAH!

      Delete
  7. I have been known to get my age wrong and go a whole year reporting my age as one year older than I was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might just be easier because when the next birthday comes, it won't be such a shock.

      Delete
  8. Summer Soltice 15 years ago we were staying in Novi, then off to Howell for a family wedding. Seems like yesterday.

    Congrats on another birthday — who cares about the number — seems worthy of a celebration when you consider the alternative. I tend to forget which one of mine it is any more cause I don’t think much about it and sometimes have to stop and figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Novi? Howell? Geez--I had just moved in 3 months before that. You should have stopped in. LOL

      Delete
    2. I wasn’t even using a computer then, much less blogging. How could I stop in — you hadn’t told me you had moved there? Ha!

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday, Judy! You look so good! Don't look your age at all!
    I'll turn 69 in November, and I've been saying I'm 70 a good while. I think in my heart right now, I feel ... just old. I hope this feeling will go away or that I'll just go quickly.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lot of heart troubling things right now. Remember where our strength comes from and where to place our worries. XX OO

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday, Judy. My mother will be 95 July 14. Walks with a walker, but not bedridden. She told me a few weeks ago that her Dr. told her she could live to be 100, "so, I am" she said.lol. Margie in Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going for 92 and told my doc that and he said, "you might as well shoot for 100!" Okay..."so, I am". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...80th! That is great. Here is too fantastic adventures for you to enjoy during this time. Found you at Sally's Whispering Hope blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite 80. Completed 79 on June 21st.
      Holding on to that number, although my kids like to tease, "But you ARE in your 80th year!"
      BRATS!!!
      Thanks for stopping by Pam.

      Delete
  13. I'm a bit late with birthday wishes, but it looks as though you had a happy day. As another comment said, you don't look your age. I'm just two years behind you...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday Judy, you look so happy and good for your years!!

    ReplyDelete