title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, June 3, 2018


I hurt from the back of my neck to my toes.  I am not kidding!!
===================================

I had quite a fiasco with my make-up.  I actually had to Google, which to apply first, concealer or foundation.  Strange how I could forget a process I did every day when I worked.

When I opened up the light brown, white swirly Cover Girl foundation I had last used two years ago, it was kind of dried out.  So---like any normal woman, I spit on it a little, to get it to a more moist, creamy state.

Foundation--concealer--blush--more concealer.  Big poufy brush on cake powder.  Smaller poufy brush, more blush.  More concealer.  More poufy brush powder.  Highlighter under the brow--a bit of bluish eye shadow at outside corner of eyelids.  

Mascara--the scariest part of all.  I told my right hand tremor to just hold still and brushed upwards as best I could.  I discovered in the process, that I have really short eyelashes.  Where did they go?  Another coat of mascara--let it dry.  Should I chance another coat?  Nope--not taking any more changes of sticking the mascara wand into my eye!!  A bit of lipstick on my thin, disappearing lips and a final spray with a fine mist of water--just to set everything.

Hair?  That's easy.  A run through with the brush and spray.

Susan and Chuck picked me up at 12:30.

You can tell we were born 13 years apart.  She obviously came at the end of the gene pool!  HAH!

When we got to the big Catholic church, I sought out the groom's room, and presented  his "lucky penny for his pocket", to Marcus, which also gave us a few minutes to kiss, hug and for me to give him his blessing.

6'5" grandson Stephen walking me in.
I had to whisper to slow down a bit,
he was taking such big strides.

 Our side of the family
Della, Helene& Mike, Madeleine, my ex's wife, my ex, Morgan, Marcus, Me, Karen & Mark, Susanna and Stephen
Karen & Mark and Morgan & Marcus

The back of me and Grandma Irene's head
I now have her e-mail address.
She will be moving up here this fall 



The newly constructed Rivard clan.
Stefan & Maddie, James & Susanna, Morgan & Marcus, Mark & Karen, Carolyn & Stephen
Della, Helene & Mike in the back.
Stefan & Maddie to be married a year from now.
James & Susanna, dating.  He lives in Alaska, she in Portland, OR.
Carolyn & Stephen, dating, both in pre-med at Michigan State.

Me and my girls
Jennifer, Cindy (DIL)
Moi & Karen
Missing our Pammie a whole lot!!

 My Mark & Cindy

The reception was held on the grounds of Michigan State University, in the Horticultural gardens and conservatory.


 Chuck & susan



Karen and her eldest son
the groom.
I have tons more, but this is enough.




Interesting Note: 
Marcus graduated from University of Michigan--the inside lining of his Navy jacket was Maize.  The rest of us in Marcus' family either went to, graduated from or just love Michigan State University.  Morgan and her family moved here or still live in Ohio and are huge Ohio State University fans.  This makes for interesting conversations when we get together to watch college football and basketball.  It's a good thing we are all nice people, as there never is any picking on whoever's team loses.

Our family is now comprised of Catholics, Protestants (Morgan did not convert), Jews, Agnostics.  Republicans, Democrats and Libertarians.  Again, because we are all nice people, we never argue about differences...heck, we don't even think about it.  We are family and family means (should mean) acceptance of each member.
====================== 

BTW--the bathroom at the reception was 864 steps away.  There was a blue painted line on the cement walkway, that led through green houses on each side, through the loading dock area, around passed classrooms.  864 steps!  I counted.  I made the trip 3 times.  Plus all the walking on cement parking lots and sidewalks--thus the severe back, hips, feet pain today.

Worth every bit!!!!


19 comments:

  1. You looked quite lovely my dear. I am partial to tall women since I are one. Nice to see pictures of your family. I’m glad it was a wonderful day for you. I so seldom wear make up any more I also forget how to apply it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, thanks for sharing news of the wedding and the photos. You looked beautiful. Had to laugh about your applying make-up. I seldom wear it but yesterday found myself trying to "put my face on". What a job, too much of the liquid application and not enough rouge!! When did I lose my touch! From one tall woman to another thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get, the more I love being tall. I stand very straight. I think that older women are more beautiful with just moisturizer and a bit of mascara and lipstick, than with the full make-up. I was told however, I had to go a bit heavy so I wouldn't fade in the photos. So glad I don't have to go through it until next year for the next wedding.

      Delete
  3. Great photos. Your family all look very happy and ready to party in style. Glad you had a wonderful time. Hope you recover quickly from all that walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still in a lot of pain tonight. The upper class does know how to throw a classy party.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I have almost no eyelashes since chemo. It doesn’t bother me though. I’m so glad you had a lovely day!

    Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee--it was a lovely day.
      Very unique place to have a reception, but lovely flower beds and statuary and grounds. I sneaked outside, away from all the noise and sat on a bench and enjoyed the quietness.

      Delete
  5. All of it looks very lovely. Glad you had a good time, after you got your makeup on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Packed that make-up bag and brushes away.
      Back to my wrinkly, creased, dark spotted face. LOL

      Delete
  6. beautiful pictures judy and i must say you look fabulous, i adore your choice of clothing!! your make-up looks great, i have never worn makeup, now the only thing i happy is eye brows since mine are almost gone - nothing else!!!

    i hope you feel better, or found a Percocet, i think i read on Facebook you were looking for one. too bad you don't live in new jersey, i can fix whatever ales you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i apply eye brows...then they are happy!!!

      Delete
  7. How good looking you all are, and your makeup job was very good. I have almost no lashes left. Hair disappears from certain places as we get older. :/ Glad you enjoyed it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy you look GORGEOUS! Great job. No I feel like putting on a little "face" What a difference it makes on me ... white eyelashes! And my tattooed eyebrows are grey and wiry.

    So glad you had a good time but UGH on all the concrete walking and 864 steps to pee! Times 3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyelashes are the hardest thing to get color on!

      Delete
  9. Just a beautiful family and lovely wedding, and you nearly outshone the bride, that's how stunning you looked, Judy. Every happiness to the new married couple. Now get some rest! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. You of all people know how tiring weddings can be and all I had to do was show up.

      Delete
    2. Judy, absolutely beautiful - everything - you looked great
      and I am proud of you. What a wonderful family you have.
      Now take care of you....

      Delete
  10. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete