title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, June 5, 2018



and this one will be getting married on
May 29th, next year.


===================================

I am feeling bad about Dar.  She came over yesterday evening to talk.  Her conversation left me feeling pretty shaky.

April of 2016, her car was rear-ended by an SUV.  She still has no settlement from it.

She has many health issues since then.  Related to the accident?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  Caused by her emotional/mental issues?
Some.

She has had over a year of physical therapy.  Then, she had to have hernia surgery.  Two months ago, shoulder surgery.  

About six weeks ago, she had another AFib and had to have her heart shocked back into normal sinus rhythm.  Two days later, she had an ablation.  

Two weeks ago she started swelling up.  She gained 15# in two days!!  She has been to the Cardiologist every other day for the last two weeks, having tests, MRI's, Echo, EKG, and a heart cath.

She has been diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension.  The arteries in the lungs narrow and not enough blood can get through to the heart, thus raising her blood pressure--200/120.

It is also a progressive, fatal disease.  No cure, very little drugs to help maintain it.  The longest most patients live is 3 years.

It is not caused by smoking, but rather a rare genetic gene she was born with, although no one in her family has ever had it.  It will probably progress to heart failure.
===============
This really shook me up!  She's younger than I am and has always appeared so physically healthy.  

I don't know anything else to do except pray for her.

12 comments:

  1. What terrible news. Fifteen pounds in two days is scary stuff. I know there are issues with her kids. Do you think they will help her as this progresses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it--she probably wouldn't let them help. She is not a bit friendly with her 2 daughters, and refuses to speak to her one son.

      Delete
  2. OMGosh that is awful / poor thing:(

    Beautiful "this one will be getting married" photo on a lighter note. You both look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely young woman getting married next year. Don’t know who Dar is but she appears to have a number of problems. I wish her well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar is my neighbor across the street. I have written many posts about her--she is quite the "all about me" kind of person. Her son and two grand children were living with her and she basically threw them out, so that her 94 year old rich Daddy could come and live with her. In my posts about her, I have written many gossipy and nasty things. Now, I feel guilty about it.

      Delete
  4. Judy, research it. I did just a little. With new medication, from what I saw, life expectancy is a little higher. Love the wedding pictures. And I know that I don't know you personally, but if I could be a little bold, would like to say, I love you. I am just an almost 61 year old woman from Arkansas. Margie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Margie. At your young age, you could be one of my daughters

      Delete
  5. you are a kind friend to worry about dar....and to be a sounding board for her!!

    the wedding picture is beautiful, you look great...and so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been Dar's sounding board--even when she drives me nuts. I sure can't stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear this about Dar, Judy. Yes, we will pray for her.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete