title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Another really difficult month--financially.  $82.00 for new car license tabs, 'cause it's my birthday month. Six months worth of house insurance due.  I was paying by the month and think I'd better go back to that way. Why don't I put away a little  money each month to pay for these extra things?  Hey!  I would, if I could, but every month, the bottom line in my budget is red--in fact, I rejoice if it is only a bit pinkish!!

I wish I had that $20.00 back that I gave to the homeless vet.  Why did I give the next door kid five bucks for carrying in my groceries?  I should put the tags on my wedding outfit and take it back for a cash return.  Of course, I have a new bill each month in the summer--$40.00 a month for lawn mowing.
==================
I decided to get my car washed--needed it soooo badly.  When I drove into the entrance and they hooked my car in, it felt like it was a bit crooked.  But it went through fine--until the last, big brush.  KA-WHAP!  It yanked my driver's side mirror right off!  It was so loud, it made me jump!

I pulled back around to the entrance and told the guy what happened.  He had to shut the wash down, go in and get my mirror.  I asked,"Do I file a claim to get this repair paid for?"

He pointed to the, "We are not responsible for external mirror, antennas, blah, blah, that come of the vehicle during the wash process."

I was about ready to cry, "Could you at least give me my seven dollars back for the wash?"

He looked at me like I had two heads.

The mirror is one of those you can adjust from the inside--wires and all.  I don't need that kind of mirror.  I am perfectly capable of rolling down the window, putting my hand out and adjusting it.  What was this repair going to cost me?  In an already dark red monthly budget.

This morning I drove on down to Brighton to my service garage.  I was singing, "God Will Take Care of You" all the way in.  The guys in there have always been good to me in fixing my old car.  Using not the most expensive parts, but good enough to last years.  Kevin greeted me.  I laid the mirror on the counter.

"Ahh--I want you to pull outta here and go up three buildings to the body shop.  Ask for Ryan.  They can do it better and cheaper than we can."

So I left and drove up to the body shop.  Kevin must have called ahead because Ryan was waiting for me in the drive.  I handed him my mirror.

"I don't really need this fancy mirror.  Can you get a regular mirror from the junk yard and just put it on?"

"Come with me," he said.

He sat down at his computer and put the VIN of my car in.  Then he called a parts place.

I'm standing there thinking...two, three, four hundred?

He put some more information into his computer, looked up at me and said, "A hundred dollar bill."

All of a sudden, water started coming out of the corner of my eyes.  I was soooo embarrassed!

I never cry!  I didn't cry at the wedding.  I don't cry at funerals.  I never cry.

"I'm sorry for being so emotional.  I thought it would cost more and...I guess I'm relieved."

"That's okay,  We'll get the part and call you for an appointment.  You won't need to find a ride home because the fix will only take about thirty minutes."

So I asked for a copy of the paperwork, so in case I get stopped by a cop, I had proof I was going to get my mirror fixed.

I drove back to the service garage--Kevin was the only one at the counter.  I gave him a hug, still with tears in my eyes.  "Thank you so much!"  He got one of those "aww shucks" looks on his face.

Then I had to drive all the way up to Walmart in Howell to pick up a prescription.  Not too worried about the cost.  Probably $3.00.  The pharmacy guy handed it to me and said, "No co-pay today."

I sat in my car.  Why was there no co-pay?  There was three months ago.

I use the Walmart Savings Catcher.  I put in my receipt number, they check other stores and if a product I bought is cheaper somewhere else, they give me the difference and it goes on a card I can use the next time I shop.

I had over $22.00 on that card, but last week when I tried to use it, it showed zero balance.  So I called their Corporate office.  They don't use that card anymore.  They put the savings on your Smart Phone and you use that at check-out.

I explained that I didn't have a cell phone.  How was I going to get my savings money?  I had let it build up purposefully to use in a RED month.

The service guy didn't have any help for me.

"That doesn't seem fair," I said.  "Not every old person has a Smart Phone.  I don't."

He was sorry, but couldn't help.

I said, "I understand.  Thanks for trying to help me."  and hung up the phone.

Hours later, I noticed an e-mail from Walmart.  I thought it was a notice that my prescription was ready.  I opened it to read it and there, from the customer service guy, was a e-gift card.  All I have to do is present it at the check-out.  They will scan the code and I will get my money.
========================
Coincidences?  I don't think so.  I just  looked upwards and said, "Thank you, God!"

19 comments:

  1. When it rains it pours, doesn't it. But I am shocked that you would consider putting the tags back on your wedding dress and return it for cash. Please tell me you were kidding and wouldn't actually do that.

    I love how your small town service station treats you. Kevin deserves that hug you gave him. And your e-check just goes to show that sometimes customer services guys do have hearts for older people who don't yell at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the clothes? I was being sarcastic. I have never done that.

      Delete
  2. GOOD!

    Yes, HE is good. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know what to say, I’m speechless. I hope something develops to give you some financial relief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear that Walmart did something good for you. The company makes so much money that it should be giving back to its customers. It's hard when those unplanned expenses pop up. An emergency account is nice, but how does one get one when everything costs so much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an emergency account for awhile, then an emergency came up and took it. I can't seem to get ahead enough to get another one going.

      Delete
  5. HE really always does come through in the dearest ways!
    I know HE will make a way for you; HE always does, although I have worried my share, and probably taken years off my life, not having the faith that HE does do it! I've been married 52 years 6/30/18, and I',be wasted so much peace and health by worrying about money.😢
    💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be such a worrier. I'd fret and stew about things that never happened. 5 years ago, I went through a real deepening of my faith and it seems like the blessings just come. I still have things I could worry about, but it seems I don't. Worry won't change a single thing from happening!

      Delete
  6. first and foremost, i am so glad you changed your picture...i LOVE this one!!

    someone is looking over you for sure!!!

    happy birthday month!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny--my BIL too this and I wasn't even paying attention. No forced smile. It's the best photo I've had in years and years.

      Delete
    2. you look beautiful, it is much better than the one you were using!!!

      Delete
  7. Whew! On a wing and a prayer, He delivers. Keep on praying ... it's obvious He is listening and helping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so. God helps fools that can't help themselves. LOL

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad everything worked out so well for you in the end. Life is unpredictable we keep being reminded. I took a long hiatus from blogging so am just catching here. You’ve been busy as usual. Lovely dress for the wedding and you looked good in it. I hope the coming months go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great guy Kevin is. I'm glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete