title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, April 13, 2018

Weird Woman

I am a total nut case!!!

I swear--sometimes I think I am totally losing it!  For instance--last night as I was brushing my teeth, rinsing my toothbrush in hot tap water--as I walked into my bedroom, I noticed that I didn't hear the hot water tank come on.  Now--it usually does whenever I use any hot water.

So, I lay there in bed, petting the cats--listening for the gas to come on in the water heater.  Nothing.  This started worrying me.

I have lunch with the Old School Gal Pals today.  i needed to shower in the morning.  What if the pilot light on the heater had gone out---again.

Should I get up and run hot water to see if the heater comes on?  Should I just let it go and hope the water stays warm enough, in the tank, overnight?

When I woke up, this was still on my mind.  I decided to wash my hair at the kitchen sink.  If the water was cool, it would be okay--at least my whole body wouldn't be all soapy and I'd have to rinse off in cold water.

I had enough warm water to get that done.  Then I was going to heat up a pan of water and carry it into the bathroom and wash all my important parts with that.  You've heard of a P.T.A. bath--right?  Well, if you haven't--I am not going to spell it out for you.  Google it!!

While the water was heating, I listened again--nope the water heater wasn't on.  

I carefully carried the pan of warm water into the bathroom and poured some in the sink.  I stepped out into the hallway, by the washer and dryer to grab a clean towel and heard the rumble of a low gas flame. I figured the furnace was about to click on.

Just out of curiosity, I walked into my bedroom, opened my closet door, stuck my head way back in there, next to the water heater closet and---the water heater was on!!!

Good Grief!!  Anyway--I had a nice shower and re-rinsed my hair.   

The things I put myself through when my nervous mind takes over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=============

5 comments:

  1. Good grief! Living alone is a lot of worry!! Glad it all worked out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up my grandparents called that a lady of the evening bath only not that polite :)
    Glad you had hot water after all but sorry you had to worry about it.
    I'm glad we have an electric water heater although it comes with it's own set of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worry about things all the time. The worst is early in the morning before time to get up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We call that a possible bath. You wash as high as possible, as low as possible, then you wash possible. Anyway. All's well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you're hearing is getting bad. When I wear my aids (which I often don't around the house) I'm shocked at the normal house sounds I'm not hearing when I leave them in their box.

    ReplyDelete