title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, April 6, 2018

Cabin Fever

I am bored outta my gourd!!!

I have been searching on-line for a pant suit to wear to the June 2nd wedding of my grandson.  Something simple, yet elegant.  I don't want to "stand out".  I am the grandma, not the mother.

Remember, back-in-the-day, when you could walk into any ladies store and find rack after rack of pant suits?  Not so anymore, unless they are black/gray pin stripe for work.  I have a black pin-stripe pant suit.

I thought I had found just what I wanted.
It has white lace embroidery on the left shoulder and right hem.  I have a white lace shell to wear under it.

In stock?  Yes!  Size 4.

Okay, well maybe I will have to go a bit more glamorous.  The men are wearing navy, the girls blush.  This would work for the colors.  In stock? Yes!
The pants are about 4 inches too short.


The pant outfits for weddings usually now, are all chiffon and flowing and....yes!  I would wear if I were mother, but a bit too much for grandma, in my opinion.

I would like to find something I can wear to this wedding and then also to granddaughter Madeleine's wedding next May.  ARGGH!

Karen called me in February to say she wanted to take me wedding shopping.  She suggested Spring Break, which ends today and I haven't heard a word from her.

She also mentioned perhaps a wedding shower on April 15th--haven't received an invite as yet.
====================
Oh--I'm bored.  It keeps snowing, with cold winds.  I want to go out and pick up fallen branches or something.  Lay down mulch.  Dig.  Can't do it yet!  We are all complaining about our long winter, but a memory popped up on Face Book this morning and showed a photo I had posted on April 6, 2017--a year ago.  We had 3" of snow.  So, I guess this year isn't all that unusual.
==============
I am waiting for family information so I can start a new genealogy.  It will encompass the woman's family and her husband's family.  4 different families just to begin with.  This is going to be a big genealogy and I do so need something to occupy my brain!!!!  I wish they'd get their "stuff" together and e-mail it to me.

Yes, they're young and yes, they're busy and the woman just finished up her mid-terms, but.....

I'm always too impatient!
=================
I do believe this room I spend all morning in, just might be my favorite room in this place.  I have often wished I lived across the street, but then, my house would back up to the woods and I would have no view OF the woods, so...this location is pretty perfect.  I just wish that long gray one had not moved in 3 years ago.  It took away my view of the drive up into the woods, the deer that I used to see there, and the view of the wetlands.
===============
My next door neighbors--I wonder if he is still in the psych ward.

















Hm-mm.  Large limbs have fallen on Dar's roof.
I wonder if she knows?
I should tell her--that would drive her nutz! 


Jackie broke her arm a month ago.
She hasn't been able to drive anywhere.
I need to get over there and visit again  !
















The people that moved in and took my view. 




 If I look out of just the tops of my windows--then I feel like I am in a snug, little cabin in the woods.



10 comments:

  1. Home sweet home. So glad you love it. Yesterday I started looking at pant suits as well!! My nephew is getting married in NYC! Can't just wear my sweats there, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find anything on-line, let me know, please!

      Delete
  2. Shopping for clothes drives me crazy and I end up not buying anything. My clothes are wearing out. Literally! I love that second, flowing outfit you posted but I find that style hard to wear. You're constantly having to pull the side panels where they below after you walk.

    I'm so sick of snow and cold. And wind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should consider wearing a tea-length flowing skirt with your pretty shell and a soft jacket. It would be so beautiful with low pumps. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh judy, you do need something, don't you have a knitting or needlework project going?

    i like the second outfit, i think that would look beautiful on you. i think, just my opinion, the light blue one looks like a work pants suit! and i never worry about what other people are wearing to a wedding, i drew for comfort. i just went to my nieces wedding in a beautiful pants suit and i do think i was the only person in pants. and the wedding was in a bar/club, no sit down dinner, just appetizers! i thought it was a little weird and everyone wore dresses!! it was a young crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always dread trying to find something to wear to a special event. I seldom have anything appropriate in my closet because all my clothes are pretty casual. I hope you find what you're looking for. I agree with Debbie, the second one is pretty, and I think it would be appropriate even though you are the grandma. Of course, it would help if the pants weren't 4 inches too short. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both pantsuits! You will look nice whatever you choose.

    I’m with you in the bored department. I’m looking at moving. I’ll blog about it soon if I decide to do it.

    Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that second pantsuit! Very elegant; perfect for a wedding! Too bad it's too short!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete