title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, April 2, 2018

Suck it up-Buttercup!

Easter Sunday.  I sat home alone.  No invite.  No phone calls.  Nothing.

I could get sad and depressed about it--which I used to do.  No family get together for Easter?  

I doesn't bother me as much anymore.  My sister and her hubs go her son's house now.  He is divorced and does not get to see his kids on Easter.

My oldest, Mark goes to his girlfriends' mother for all Holidays.

My Pammie was up north with a friend, starting her Spring Break from school janitoring.

My Karen was also up north at their cottage with her kids and grand daughter.

My Jennifer lives 800 miles away.

What can I do about any of it?  Nothing.

A phone call would have been nice though. Eh?
==================
However, it is a wonder to me how my kids get away with it.  Apparently, I brought them up to be independent--well, I know I did, and I should have loaded more guilt on them the first time this happened.  There was not one single Holiday that I didn't see my parents and my grandmother.  After grandma died, it was my parents.  After my mother died, it was my Dad and step-mother.

Spring Break?  We left on Monday--not the weekend before Easter.  You had to be with family, his and mine, on Easter and all other holidays.  Whether you wanted to or not, you did!

Oh Phooey!!!
===============
Yes, found out my neighbor had her husband, court ordered, into a psych ward.  He is very angry.  She is being strong.  He once again was threatening suicide and then took off and was gone all night.  The police finally found him, brought him home and two days later, came back and got him and took him away.

She can't see him, which is probably the best thing in the world for him.  She said, she did it because she loves him and wants to keep him alive.  I have no problem with her decision.
=================
So today, I'm doing noting much.  Vacuuming, dusting.  I started my Buddy cat out on glucosamine for his back hips and he started losing his fur in two weeks.  They may be related--probably--so I stopped the glycosamine and vacuumed so I can keep track of his hair loss.
==============
We were supposed to get the snow that stayed south and went up the East Coast--sorry Friends out there.  Tonight we get rain, snow tomorrow and possible severe storms Tuesday night when the warm(er) front comes in.

I can't tell if this crazy weather is caused by Global Warming or Climate Change.  There is a difference between the two.  Whatever it is--it has been a nutzy-cuckoo winter.

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you spent Easter alone. We went to my Son-in-laws parents house. For the first time in my life we did not have a family get together with my brothers. I felt bad and depressed at first but we did have a nice day anyway and I got to spend it with Maxwell which is most important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was alone on Easter, too. No calls either but I did spend the day before with my youngest niece and her family and that was nice. Sometimes I'd rather be alone on a holiday than at a gathering where I don't know everyone...extending families are like that the longer we live. LOL

    Hate this weather!!!! It was 10 degrees when I got up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed a few things with family, I know how you feel, Judy. And, it's not a good feeling. :(

    Well, sounds like your neighbor did the right thing for her husband. I wonder if they'll keep him longer than the 72 hour normally "have to", at least here.

    Yes, the weather this year has been different; not as much for us as for y'all.

    p.s. I've googled about the grasshoppers; there's not much that can be done without killing everything else. For a couple of years, the 4 pennies in a plastic bag worked. I guess they caught on to me. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I was thinking that Pam was going to be working for Jennifer taking care of the kids. Did that fall through? None of my business though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to be ok. Still I'm sorry about no invite easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think it would be hard to spend easter alone, how sad that no one called! traditions have changed over the years, holidays are not always celebrated in the ways they were years ago!!

    we had snow today...but you saw that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, my hubby was able to go to church for Easter, but I've had big flares with Fibromyalgia these last three months. Our son called to say that David had had a really bad month, and that his Crohn's and/or meds for it are having a huge depression and anxiety issue with him again. Plus he is passing a lot of blood, which is worrying to all of us, especially David. I imagine David's exhaustion with his disease is partially from a sense of grief thinking about what this will do in changing his life now and in the future. We never can predict our future, but in our teens, we may expect some things. His future is, well, uncertain. He hasn't really been in remission for any long period of time. They are so worried with what he has told them and his depression, that they've gotten a safe to put any prescriptions, guns, knives, etc. in indefinitely. Just to make sure. They found he had been putting his Buspar in his drawer at night instead of taking it. He said he just didn't like the sleepiness they caused, but...nobody can be entirely sure what a depressed teen or adult is hiding. We are all having a hard time with it, and praying for him to soon be feeling less stressed and depressed. It's just all in God's hands to give him the peace that passes all understanding!
    Our son called us yesterday to tell us about David, and then today to wish his daddy a Happy Birthday. (My dad's birthday was on April 1rst.) My grandon's is 4/24/91, and my great-grandson is going to be early in April...and my brother's is April 15th.) Lot's of April excitement every year.
    I know how you feel about a quiet Easter, but I've sort of gotten used to this in the past couple of years. I'm not completely alone because my husband is with me, and I can't imagine being without him. But we're really aware that everyone else has separate lives, and by being the older ones --- we're sort of being left out more and more. I guess it's the way it is these days, but we never left my parents and grandparents out of regular nor holidays. Change is here, and I don't see it changing for the good, really!
    xoxo, Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may not speak up that FIRST time I felt left out. But I WOULD call and invite myself the second Easter. If you want to talk to someone, call them! They missed inheriting that keep in touch with Mom gene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weather's just weather. Always has been and always will be. Nothing to see here. As to the kids gathering round on Easter ... I wish you'd been here. All of mine who live in Columbia came for lunch and I wasn't even planning on that. Good thing I bought at ham when Brittany took me to Walmart last Thursday after my doctor appointment. I always keep ham on hand. I hope you had a nice Easter anyway. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have found that the younger generation don't generally feel the same family sentimentality that we were brought up to feel. My grandchildren knew me well till they were about 12 and then they became very busy with their own interests, friends, parties, sports, entertainment, and of course their electronic devices and games. We seldom see each other. It's just how it is. I, too, feel left out, but I have ways to cope. John and I got together with two of our contemporaries who also feel left out and ignored by the younger generations. I fixed a very simple meal, we ate together, and visited. It was satisfactory. Do I miss family holidays? Oh, yes! But it's a different age now, and distance has separated us for quite a few years now. I think I feel what you feel. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you know how I feel, but you have John. Another living, human being to talk to and not feel entirely alone.

      Delete