title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Flags, Football and Feelings

I hear a rumor that a cold front is headed this way and we "may" have cooler temps by Wednesday evening.  I dislike having to be closed up in the house--just like we are in winter.  We should not be, this time of year.  I had to go to the store today, with my car A/C that works--intermittently.  Today it worked--at least for half the drive.  ARGGH!!
===============
I got yelled at today, on FB, by my cousin.  I posted:
Well, that does it! I've never liked him. I didn't want to vote for him, but I hoped, along the way, he could become Presidential.
Although, I will never change my support for the values of a Moderate Republican Party, I have lost what little respect I ever had for this President.
I can no longer tolerate his loud, arrogant manner and especially his crude and vulgar language; in a public forum, in front of our Country and the World.
She commented that I should keep such thoughts to myself as this kind of talk makes our country divided.
I commented back, that President Obama divided our county, but that at least he never used vulgar language in public, anyway.
==================
To my way of thinking, if you purport yourself to be a Christian, your way of life, and your language should support your words.  If you claim it, you better walk the walk.
He doesn't.  Okay, benefit of the doubt, maybe he's a baby christian==small "c", and he is working on trying to correct his bad habits?
It doesn't appear that way.
Whatever he is, I wouldn't allow that kind of language in my house, so I don't have to listen to or watch him.  He is disgusting, in my opinion, and an embarrassment to me and our Country.
============
Like Hillary Clinton stating that her Methodist upbringing and faith are what her life is based on.   From observing her language, her belief system and all the crookedness she had done--I take offense.  She in no way represents any Methodist I have known, nor my church tenets.  She gives Methodist's a bad name!
I can't stand her!
==============
Well, there isn't any President we can believe.  After watching the PBS documentary on the Viet Nam war, that is apparent.  Every single one of them lied.  Every single one of them gave false numbers to the press, trying to make it look like we were winning, when in reality, every single one of them AND the Generals knew and said, it was an un-winnable war.
They all make me sick.
============
and as for those overpaid, entitled, spoiled brats that play professional football?  The rules set forth for the NFL states that teams should stay in the tunnel while the National Anthem is being played, BUT if they are on the field, they "should" stand, hold their helmet with their left hand and place their right hand over their heart.
Apparently they are using the "should" clause to get away with displaying their disrespect for the many men and woman who have died to give them the right to play professional sports.
They all make me sick.  (even though I don't watch their games.)
=============
and if any one in my family didn't?  None of them are too big or too old, that I still couldn't box their ears! 
I'm real hard nosed about these kinds of things.  I was once seated in the high school gym watching a basketball game and at half time, the band played the School Song.  There was a big kid sitting down beside me and I scolded him and then shamed him into standing for school song.
"You go here to school?"
"Yeah."
"Then stand up for your school song."
"I'm sorry, Mrs. Miller."  and he sheepishly stood.
I attended a Michigan State basketball game that Karen and Mark had taken me too.  At the beginning, I stood (and sang) the school song, as did they.  During the game, every time the Pep band played the school song, I stood, but noticed Karen and Mark didn't.
I asked, "Why aren't  you standing for the school song?"
"Oh Mom...they play it so many times at basketball games."
"Then you stand, so many times.  You're an Alumni.  Show your respect for your school--every time the song is played."
could be why they haven't taken me to another MSU basketball game?   
So--I am boycotting NFL football and President Trump.  Just like i did President Obama.  When he appears on TV, I click to another channel.  It tends to make watching the National News a lot more positive experience.  




11 comments:

  1. I won't bother to comment on your topic today because half of my post tomorrow is on the same topic and let's just say, I have an entirely different take than you do. But your cousin was wrong to tell you to keep your opinions to yourself. Free speech is free speech...even if you don't like what is being said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cousin is crazy! Like Jean says, we can put OUR opinion on OUR page (or blog) People can just not read it. But I have to say 90% of Facebook seems to be political STILL so I have stopped checking ... maybe once a day. Keep up your logical thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch or listen to either one of those two you mentioned. Nope,nada. Oh, and Patti did get home today! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't have said it better! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh mercy, what did he say now....?

    See, I don't watch/read news. Believe me, that is the only way, to keep my peace of mind.

    And as to the football players and taking the knee... I have already done a post on that. Since I don't live under a rock, I do know about them.

    Still hot here too. And I am trying to not "get my panties in a twist," over that either.

    My mantra is... TRY to avoid all thoughts, which 'burn.' :-) Much better for my peace of mind, and my health.

    My way... Just sayin'...

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jean and Awkward Widow, you have the right to put your opinion out there on your face page. It is your opinion and your FB after all. As usual, friend, we see the opposite side of the coin on the football/free speech issue, but that's okay. I've been enjoying your free speech for years. Always interesting and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it a free speech issue and okay for Tim Tebow to take a knee to pray before his games? I know a lot of people were saying it wasn't right for him to do that. To my way of thinking, it can't be both ways.

      Delete
    2. Now we agree. If we believe Tebow has the right to kneel in prayer - in order to be consistent - we must believe that professional athletes can kneel in protest and vice versa.

      Delete
  7. i'm not sure why Facebook becomes a place of debate, i don't participate in such things. i got slammed a little bit here yesterday, it upset me but what can one do!!

    it has been so hot here as well, tomorrow is suppose to be better, i hope so. we have a day trip planned, longwood gardens!!

    we don't kneel either, we stand proud and tall - i have too much respect for our flag, military and the national anthem!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got slammed on MY blog? or Face Book?
      Your posts are always so lovely and non-controversial, I don't see how anyone could be critical!!

      Delete