title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Dang Government

Oh great, I guess the worry over hurricane Harvey is over and now the snarkiness about DACA starts on Face Book.

The President did not declare it null and void today--he passed it to Congress to figure out.  Wouldn't that be a major miracle if Congress did what they are getting paid to do?

In the first place, the Policy should have never been put in place.  It was deemed illegal, or deemed that President Obama didn't have the legal right to make the policy.  As you can read below from the Constitutional Review--a truly non-political group.


A federal judge in Texas issued a national injunction to block the policies that extended the program to parents and people entering the United States between mid-2007 and 2010; the lawsuit didn’t deal directly with the DACA program. A federal appeals court added to that ruling to say that the policies exceeded President Obama’s policy-making authority. In June 2016, the Supreme Court, in a 4-4 vote, upheld the injunction in a one-line opinion.
On June 29, 2017, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton told Attorney General Jeff Sessions that on behalf of 10 states, he was notifying the Justice Department that they would amend a suit against the administration if it didn’t change the 2012 DACA program by September 5, 2017.
“Courts blocked DAPA and Expanded DACA from going into effect, holding that the Executive Branch does not have the unilateral power to confer lawful presence and work authorization on unlawfully present aliens simply because the Executive chooses not to remove them,” Paxton argued. Paxton said the group would amend a lawsuit currently in the Southern District of Texas to include the 2012 DACA program, if executive action wasn’t taken by September 5, 2017 to phase it out.
The Paxton group didn’t demand an immediate end to the DACA program or the immediate deportation of participants. “This request does not require the Executive Branch to immediately rescind DACA or Expanded DACA permits that have already been issued,” Paxton said. But it wants new executive action taken to start the process of ending the DACA program.

And Paxton clearly thinks the group will win in court based on their prior success in blocking the other two Obama proposals. “For these same reasons that DAPA and Expanded DACA’s unilateral Executive Branch conferral of eligibility for lawful presence and work authorization was unlawful, the original June 15, 2012 DACA memorandum is also unlawful,” Paxton said.
============================
More than anything governmental, I am more worried about my friends in Florida and the East Coast.  If Irma hits them as a Cat 5--the highest rating for a hurricane, they will be in as much or worse shape than Texas.  I also know people who live in Puerto Rico.  Or we could worry and pray for our friends in Washington and Montana, California, with the horrendous wild fires.  
==========================
As old as I am, as long as I have lived, as many President's reign of power I have lived through, I realized a long time ago.  There is not one thing you can do about how the government is going to run itself.  You can rant on Face Book and in your blog posts, which makes people who believe as you do, pat you on the head, or people that disagree try to cut your legs off at the knees, and all that does in promote more anger.  You can write letters to your Congress men and women, as I often have.  You can protest in the streets, put up signs in your front yard--nothing you do is going to change one, teeny-tiny thing in Washington, DC--the Swamp as it has been known for a century or so.
Oh, you might get an "I told you so," moment every now and then, what good does that do?  Does it make you feel better?  Does it pump up your pride?  Does it make you happy that you predicted something bad was going to happen and it did?
Sure, I've had those, "I told you so," moments and hoped with every inch of my mind that my most Liberal friend would see it on the news and realize that the Great and Powerful Oz was right.  Nah Nah Nah, Na Nah Nah.   Back in the day--before I grew up.
Now I just kind of view the whole, political arguing as sad.  Do you know, I saw a post on Face Book condemning President Obama for being so disconnected and playing golf while Hurricane Katrina was going on?  Posted by one of my Conservative friends.  I was actually embarrassed for them and felt it my place to private messenger him to reveal that President Obama was NOT the President then, he was still a Senator.  He had so many people that commented and agreed with him--it was shocking!
It's like that on both sides.  We should take the time to do the research before we post on FB.  Or better yet?  Just don't post that stuff at all.  It's not going to change anyone's mind or their belief.  And yes---I have been guilty of this.
===================
What I am more ticked off about is that on August 21st, I was called to tell me to remove my car from the driveway as my cement work would start that afternoon.  Here it is September 5th and it still isn't completely done.
I am ticked off that I got a notice that my Social Services review would be via telephone today--between 8:00am and 12:00 noon.  So I got up at 7:30 to be awake and ready.  It is now going on 5:00 and no call.  Damn government.  ...and there's not a thing I can do about it!!

9 comments:

  1. Hear, hear! You have spoken, and well. I don't get into politics or religion on FB. Frankly, I'm getting tired of all the arguments also.

    I hope you get the call, Judy. Yep, the government. ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be you feel better having gotten that all out of your system. LOL We all need a good rant once in awhile.

    I'm scared for the entire country if Ima hits the east coast. How much more can we take? How much more can we give and volunteer? And the first out west are still causing major troubles. I'm also scared next winter will bring us major snow storms like we've never seen before.

    I'll be Social Services forgot to factor in they were closed yesterday and they got backed up with two days worth of problem calls to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering about our winter also and if it's going to be a lot of snow. Not that I care how much falls, because I never "have" to go anywhere. As long as the power stays on, I'm good. ;-)
      I think you are right about Social Services.

      Delete
  3. You speak truth, woman! I agree with you, needless to say.

    In my part of (western) Washington there aren't as many fires, but the sky is heavy with smoke, and there is ash on our cars blown in from eastern Washington. It's pretty horrific, for sure. Everything is SO DRY. It's now a myth that it rains here all the time. It doesn't! I wish to heck it would. Temps have been really high this summer....in the 90's most of August. Wondering what the fall and winter will be like, and praying for rain and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is frustrating, isn't it? I guess we just have to stay informed and vote, and hope that our vote counts. :(

    Our weather is out of control. I wonder what winter will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Theresa, Weren't you the one who wanted a genealogy brochure? Did I mail it to you? I can't find your e-mail message, so I don't know if I am imaging it or not, but I have an empty file folder with your name on it. LOL If you are still interested, e-mail me jjmiller6213@comcast.net and we can "talk". Now that it's autumn, I have lots of time for research.

      Delete
  6. Just my same question...

    Why do you read this stuff?

    All it does, is rile you up.

    Yes....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because, sometimes I see stupidness right in my face and I want to research and find the truth to try and overcome the stupidness. HOWEVER--the people that need to see the truth, don't think it applies to them.Or some people post a stupid link because all they read was the title. It keeps my heart rate up and, in my case, that is a good thing. LOL

      Delete