title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 20, 2017

The world tries hard to drive me to distraction..............

I love Mondays--really I do.  When I was single and working, the weekends out on the farm where I lived seemed so long and I was eager to get back to the city, and the work place and all the people.  Now, I still feel like Monday is a special day.  A new week.  Time to get things done, although it really isn't any different than any other day around here in Retirement Park.

But...Oh, what a day.

Saturday--I was trying (the operative word here is trying), to print out a final genealogy book.  Everything was going along just fine and then--as it always happens--three pages came out with the photographs in odd colors.  The Navy blue clothing the people wore was a weird shade of Violet.  

Now, I am not dumb enough to think something is wrong with my printer, it was obvious my Tri-Color inkjet cartridge was running out--had run out--had died.  I bundled my inkjets into a bag and headed up to Brighton to the refill place.  2 black cartridges and 1 Tri-color.  I wanted 1 refill of each.

"This one black cartridge is three-quarters full.  Here is a new black and color one.  Use the three-quarters one first--I cleaned it up, but didn't charge you."

"Thanks."

I stopped and got gas on the way home and a quick trip to Michael's--way in the back--for ONE skein of floss.  The line was long.  ONE--skein.  I told the girl it would have been easier just to shop lift it.  She eyed me strangely.

Home for lunch and loaded my new cartridges into my printer.  Ah-hh, such a good, relaxed feeling to know that I can finish the job.  The test page looked a bit strange, but I loaded in the expensive special paper and printed out two photographs.  The clothing was still Violet in color.

What the heck?

Took the cartridges out, looked at them, patted them on a wet paper towel and tried again--this time on scrap paper.  Violet.

Took the 3/4 black one out and put the new black one in.  Violet.

Now, the Navy dress the lady was wearing was quite pretty in Violet, but her husband's Navy blazer looked a little weird in that same color.

I have two printers, exactly alike.  One is a remanufactured newer one.  I plugged that one in, swapped out the ink cartridges.  Printed.  Violet.

Yanked the cartridges out and back up to the refill place.  A placard on the darkened shop informed me, "Closed at 2:00 on Saturday".

EGADS AND LITTLE FISH HOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came home and did as any sane woman would do.  Sat in my recliner for the rest of the day and watched a basketball game and many movies on Turner Classic Movie channel AND cross-stitched!!!

Now--today?  Another journey up to the refill place.  Satisfaction will be mine or I will burn the place down!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I hate printers, Love Mondays! Enough said. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEEEGADS!!!!!!!!!

    :-(((((((((((

    $%*&^$#@^&(^($^&()%#^&(&^%#&))*^&%&*((!!!!!!

    Better luck today.

    And I really hope they are ready for you!!!! -chuckle-

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... Violet must be the new blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that is why I no longer refill. Rather buy my cartridges at Costco or Walmart.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As my grandfather used to say, "Darn, the perversity of the inanimate." May black be violet no longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehehe, you are so funny. i have had similar ink problems but the hubs solved them and i don't know how...it is frustrating. i would have done the same thing you did. but i don't like basketball - i would have knit and watched a movie!!

    i like mondays because everyone goes back to work and the places i want to go are no longer crowded!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaargggh I hate glitches like that and I can't stand anything to do with computer or printer problems. Just can't stand it. You were right to give in and give up (at least temporarily). xoxo

    ReplyDelete