title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 27, 2017

Nutzy Cuckoo Neighbors

It felt awfully early, Saturday morning when the alarm went off.  8:00--time to get up.  It was a struggle and I looked out the window.  Our record setting temperature from the day before, was now in the 30's and it was snowing.

I got the cats fed and went to the bathroom and so wanted to lay back down, but....8:15 is good enough to stay up.  Put my mug of milk in the microwave, got the milk nice and hot, two scoops of Nestle's Quik stirred in and came in to turn on the computer.  

I glanced down at the lower right hand corner to see what day it was and the time said: 7:20.

Wait.  What?

I trudged back to the bedroom.  My bedside clock said: 8:21.  Back to the kitchen to check the stove, microwave, my weather station.  All clocks read: 7:23.  

Oh Good Grief!!!!!  When I set the alarm, I must have pressed one time too many on that button and set it an hour early?

You would have thought I'd get a lot done, waking up an hour early.  That was not the case!
======================
I did have an interesting day Sunday though.

My neighbor Tammie came to visit.  She is the girl next door who claims to be a Wiccan.  At one time a Catholic and later a Seventh Day Adventist.  Her husband deals in magic, so when she met him, she started getting involved in that and the worshipping of different gods and goddesses.

She came over to inform me she has had a miracle sent from God and now belongs to a "Women for Jesus" group.  I have noticed lately, that her belligerent attitude and her penchant for FB arguing with people has tapered off.

Apparently she had a bill that was due, had not been paid for six months.  She has reacted to the company she owed in her normal angry way, but decided to get a bit humble and try and negotiate with them.  Glory Be--they are working with her and the pressure is off.  She sees this as a miracle because God knew she needed help.

Now, her life plan is to convert her husband from his "wicked ways".  "Can't he see that all his illnesses and surgeries the last two years are because he was worshipping the devil and being punished by God?"

I tried to explain a couple of things to her, but she is filled with the "fire", so I decided to let the Women for Jesus' group counsel her.  

"All you have to do is ask and God will give you everything."

I tried to caution that, "Sometimes His answer is 'No'," and encouraged her to keep praying because, "God and prayer WILL help you get through hard times easier." but, as I said, she is filled with the fire of a new convert, so best I let her find her own way.
===============
On the other hand, my other neighbor, Dar, who has claimed that Jesus sits on a chair next to her bed, seems to have fallen by the wayside.  She was over for a visit Friday night and I noticed crude words and a couple of "damn's" slipped into her conversation.

That would not have happened a year ago.  She found a church that she really liked, she said.  She went twice.  It was difficult because she sometimes had to work on Sunday morning and Wednesday nights when they had services.

She hasn't worked for 10 months and I had inquired as to how she liked her church.  

"Oh, I haven't been."

"Why not?  You have lots of time now."

"They didn't have any groups I wanted to join."

I guess to her, church is like a social gathering place.  She wants to be involved and for people there to "know" her good works?

When her Dad, a self proclaimed Atheist moved in, it was "God has sent Dad to me to show him The Way.  I know that is my mission."  She even got him, a life-long Democrat, to vote for Trump--which she took great glee and credit for.

Now she says she has doubts because God allowed her to be in that accident and that's when her troubles began.  She is in pain.  She can't work and God knew how important to her it was to work and be out and about everyday.  God seems to have left her.

I tried to counsel her in the same way I did Tammie.  "God never said you'd have a life without problems, but He will help you get through them.  Continue to pray."
==============
Both of these women are nutz!  I've thought that from the minute I met them.

I do not have enough training in theology to counsel either of them, or anyone else, for that matter.

I only know what works for me.  What I have witnessed in my last five years.  Things that could never be, "just" a coincidence and had to be a God whisper.  I guess both of them will have to find their testimony too. 
=================
Then, there's Merle and Pearl and Jackie.  Strong, yet quiet Christians.  Merle and Pearl can't attend church anymore, but they watch on TV Sunday morning and read the Bible every day and pray.  Jackie attends church every Sunday, but doesn't feel the need to get involved in the groups.  She reads her Bible every day and prays.

Tammie and Dar wouldn't do a thing for anyone, unless they got credit and praise for it, and they'd tell everyone what they had done.  Merle/Pearl and Jackie would give you their last slice of bread and wave away any sign of thanks.  

If you asked, they would give you their testimony and a God Bless You, to go along with it.  

I think I prefer the ones who lead quietly by example.  


17 comments:

  1. Some of the best Christians I know---people who live Christ-like lives of goodness and charity---never go to church, or have been regular church goers. Dar and Tammie are pretenders and any guidance you try to give them about faith falls on deaf ears. It's all about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have read enough of my blog posts to know--it is always all about them.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhh mercy me!!!!! These people who *change* religions, at the drop of a dime!!! -grin-

    It takes lots of time, as in years, and lots of questioning and reading and searching, to make a change in one's beliefs. In other words, it ain't easy!!!!! It hurts, along the way. It is a challenge. I know. It took me years, to do it.

    And your neighbors, do not sound, like people who are interested in anything, which would be a long process of work. >,-)

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. And another thing which bugs me..... Is the dis-service they do, to people who are really, of a belief.

    I am not a Pagan, but am acquainted with some. Pagans do not run around, making noise. When you see one, who does, they are not a real Pagan. After centuries of persecution, real ones are more quiet, than loud.

    Neither do real Pagans worship the devil. They don't even recognize a so called devil. All that crap, was invented by the old Church, to try to wipe Paganism out.

    Oh yes, there are a lot of young people, running around, all decked out with pentagrams and inking and stuff. It's the "in-your-face-show," which drives them, I think.

    And I suppose, why not? What with all the trans-this, and the trans-that, that is all the rage now? -grin- Parading and demonstrating and etc. Everything/everyone that is noisy, come out, come out!

    So why not "loonie-toons" like you neighbor??? -smirk-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least she has taken the large pentagram off her front door so I don't have to see it every time I look out my kitchen window.

      Delete
  4. My biggest pet peeve! People who talk the talk, but do not walk the walk. They are in it for the attention. Religion. Politics. Society. The TITLE is all that matters .. not doing an ounce of work.

    I just started a blog on just ONE of my nutzy neighbors .. she is just plain mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And WHY would you set an alarm? I love that about you ... that you get up when the body says get up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I thought I wanted to get up early on Saturday to get stuff done. LOL

      Delete
  6. I'm fond of saying (because I know it's true) that the point isn't to analyze everything (both bad and good) that happens to us. The point is to realize that no matter what happens, He is with us. So I often pray the prayer that never fails: Thy will be done. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you certainly have some interesting neighbors. Reminds me of a friend who had moved to a mountain state telling me about a neighbor she had -- a gypsy that made predictions -- friend said was interesting to see how she worked to come up with some uncannily correct info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one time, Tammie told me that she could heal people by calling on her various gods and goddesses and burning special herbs. I'm glad she's off that kick and has removed the Pentagram that was on her front door and I saw every time I looked out my kitchen window.

      Delete
  8. I am sorry that Dar has "lost her faith", or it has dimmed for her right now. God hasn't changed, something in her life has. He still loves her! And I'm happy your Wiccan neighbor is happy with her new faith in God, I hope it will grow!

    "Actions do speak louder than words". So true!!

    But people need the WORD. If they aren't taught about HIM, how can they know what faith really means?

    Jude--I hope I didn't say too much on your post. I can't deny the ONE who died for me, and if I don't say anything--I already have.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God never leaves us--but we sometimes walk far away from Him. They both are "searchers", as we all have been at times. I did tell them both of a Sunday morning TV show I watch with Dr. David Jeremiah, that I thought would help them. I hope your grandson is doing better.

      Delete
  9. After all these years, I still can't believe these to people live next to you. How could you end up with two of them?!?! Are you making them up? :)

    When we lived in MD and H was still working, I woke one night to find him getting dressed for work. He'd already taken his shower and was almost finished dressing. I asked him where he was going? He said, "To work." I asked, "At 2:30 am?" Oops. He undressed and slept until 6.

    ReplyDelete


  10. I've had a couple of readings with Dr. Todd and he amazes me every time. The very first one I had was last year and I was really nervous but Todd called at the exact time as the appt down to the minute and he was just so friendly. He picked up right away what was going on in my life without me asking a single question. He picked up initials of the people involved!! I've never had anyone do that before and I've been to my share of psychics! {manifestspellcast@gmail.com} doesn't just tell you what you want to hear, he tells you the truth!! I was very amazed with his accuracy!! When I got off the phone my hands were shaking because I was in shock! My first experience was so well that I came back to Dr. Todd again for another reading recently when things in my life weren't so well! He once again picked up on things so well and described the people and situation! He’s going to help me get my life back the way I want. I really trust him and his spirits! I know it’s real and I know I’ll be back to leave another testimonial on his wonderful work and to tell you all my happy results because I know I’ll have them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dr Ogudugu offering the best and greatest service related to love spell, enemy spell, protection spell, child birth. I am doing these spells from past 25 years. I will give 100% sure result. My spells are very powerful and for instant result. I am not fake and i can give you result by my powers. My powers shows you the instant result. If you have any problem in life like love problem, beauty problem, child birth problem then contact me once. I am the person who can give you the right advice. I will consult your problem with my god and reply you as soon as possible. There is nothing which i cannot solve by my powers. I am doing this for right cause, I use this to server people. My powers are not for fake people or for cheater.


    Contact me -
    Email: greatogudugu@gmail.com
    Website: http://greatdrogudugusolutiontemple.webs.com/
    Phone No: +2348055304321
    WhatsApp No: +2348055304321

    ReplyDelete