title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

No worries---

Not too worry that I don't lock my front door.  I never lock my front door.  Not even when I'm gone for the day.  In the summer I do when I go to bed, but.....................................

I live in a manufactured home park.  There are probably 300 homes in here, each lot size is about 35' between homes and it would be a One in a Million chance that some stranger would pick mine, out of all the others, to walk in to.  Besides, all of us neighbors are snoopy and if there was a car in my driveway and my car was gone, one of those neighbors would have written down the license plate number and call me when I got home to report the strange car.  LOL

Neighbors knock once and then slowly open my door and call out.  I do the same at Pearl's and Dar's and Jackie's.  It started when I had my last hip surgery.  They all knew it was hard for me to get out of my recliner and get to the door, so--they knock, then open the door and call my name and I yell, "C'mon in", and everything is fine.

When I visit Pearl, I knock on her window, by her chair and then just walk in.  It is hard for her to get up and come to the door too.

Actually the only people that visit and knock and wait for me to haul myself over and open the door, are my kids--which I find strange and weird!!
=====================
I am officially in love with and completely addicted to Prednisone.  If it didn't hurt my kidney's, liver and heart, I would take it every day for the rest of my life.

I haven't felt this good in many months!  I have so much energy.  I don't get tired.  Because it is an anti-inflammatory, none of my arthritic joints hurt--not one bit.  My mind is clearer and quicker and sharper than it has been in years!!!  My mood seems so much happier.

You cannot imagine all that I got done yesterday, that I have been putting off because I was not in the mood.  I called my cable carrier and talked to those East Indian's and got my bill lowered from 122.00 to 95.00, locked in for a year--same channel package that I had before.

I called and made an appointment to get my CT lung scan done.  I called about my gift debit card that has been compromised.  I called to make an appointment to get to the physical therapy office and start treatment.  I called and found a new hair stylist and made an appointment, I did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned up the house, AND I got my pedigrees up to the print shop, AND I finished the editing on my last genealogy book and started printing it, AND I made my Rib Eye Steak for supper.

3 minutes on each side.  Look at the size of that thing!!  Two meals for sure.  It has been ages since I have had meat to eat.  It was so good!!!
========================

20 comments:

  1. I don't what it is. But I grew up in a super low crime area. But one of our neighbors seem to be broken in.
    My parents never locked there place, and we don't either.

    Gee that steak looks good.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steak was good. Two meals worth. I had it cold for lunch today. I like cold steak.

      Delete
  2. Gracious maybe what the world needs is a dose of Prednisone. As wonderful as it makes you feel it does have nasty side effects if you take too much of it. In Texas we never locked our doors. As a child my parents never locked doors. Now that we're in an apartment complex we do lock the doors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would too if I lived in an apartment/condo complex, especially if there were inside hallways where my door opened.

      Delete
  3. I keep my doors locked almost all the time, and even when I go to the chicken houses. I don't want to come in and find some stranger inside. There have been some break-ins in our community, probably looking for something to steal to sell for cash to buy drugs. Isn't it sad that this is what our world is now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drug problems are worse now than ever, I think. They do such harm to people and drive them to do such bad things.

      Delete
  4. I love rib-eye steak. I try to have it once a month, but miss some because it's so expensive.

    You perfectly described how I feel about Prednisone. My bone doctor's office accidentally called in a prescription and sold me on at my appointment both on the same day. So I've got an extra pack that I'm hoarding for when I need a good perking up.

    It would drive me nuts not to lock my doors. I startle very easy, but I understand what you mean about the close knit-ness of your neighborhood. My dad's cottage was like that. Neighbors looked out for one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a small stash of pain pills--just in case an abscessed tooth occurs on a Friday night. We sound like druggies. LOL

      Delete
  5. Wow....I wonder if my doctor would prescribe that "just because." I could use a perking up! So glad you're feeling so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a little stuffy nose. I was wondering if I went back to the doc, he'd give me 5 more days of the steroid. Just to clear up that problem, ya know. LOL

      Delete
  6. I take 20 mg of prednisone daily and it does give me energy but I'm SO shaky all the time, drop things, sleepless too but it does help with pain. I take it for PMR.

    Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take it everyday, but my doc worries about long use which can harm kidney's, liver and heart. It sure helps with my arthritis!!! I don't know what PMR is?

      Delete
  7. Wow! Well I guess that answers my question... how are you? You sound like Super Woman!
    I love rib eyes! Course, I'd want a baked potato with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the baked potato the night before for supper. LOL Loaded with butter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!!!

    We told you, you would LOVE Prednisone!!!!! We told you!!!

    I had to read all that Pred.-praise, to my pharmacist husband. I got such a kick out of it!!! He of course, knows how great it can feel. And how no one can continue taking it for long.

    But it is super, while it lasts. :-))))))))))

    Hey, bet that was the best Valentine's Day, you have had, in years!?!?!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  10. And YES! It is an anti-inflammatory. And your arthritis pain, is caused by inflammation, in your joins. And when you wipe out your body's inflammation, your arthritis pain is gone.

    I told you that. :-)

    And sugar, causes inflammation, in the body.

    Sooooo, you have a choice.

    You are now in a period of being inflammation/pain free. How does it feel? I mean, JUST the pain free part. Does pain-free, feel good enough, to try going no-added-sugar free.... For a few weeks? Starting now. And continuing, after you are done with Prednisone?

    Please consider it.....

    It AIN'T easy. You have to read every single contents label. Simplest way, is eliminate all processed foods. Which isn't easy. But it can be done. You'd be surprised at how much real food, there is to eat. Meat, fish, eggs, cheese, nuts, fruit, vegetables, and real butter/cream, etc.

    Nope, it isn't EASY. But, living with arthritic PAIN, isn't easy, either....

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooooh i am so happy for you - i knew once it kicked in - the shit's amazing!!!!

    i won't worry, i get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm paranoid, so my doors are always locked. Glad the Prednisone is working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We don't lock our doors either. Mainly because it is hard to lock/unlock. Not much worth taking in here! Two large TVs and they are pretty old. Prednisone! You think by now they could formulate the bad side effects OUT and give us energy pills!!!

    ReplyDelete