title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Well then..........

Personally?  I can't wait for August to end.  It's been so hot.  The humidity has felt tropical.  In fact, this whole summer has been miserable.  Not like a normal summer for us here in the Mitten State.

But--as my Uncle used to say, "Quitcherbellyaching!"
======================
Tuesday I traveled up to my Cousin's to fix her computer.  Windows 10 had install itself while she was away at her Grandson's wedding.  Quite on it's on--just like Windows 10 installed itself on my computer during the night--while I slept.

I drove up the expressway.  So scary!  I just kept singing my "get through" hymn, "Be not afraid what ere be tide, God will take care of you.."  She has Windows 8.1 so it all looked different than my Windows 7, but we got it figured out, had a nice early supper and a great conversation, and I came home the back way, which was a much pleasanter drive!

Wednesday, I ran all over the county!  Well, not really, but I did go down to Brighton to get some groceries and embroidery floss,.  It was so humid when I got back home, I didn't want to tote all those heavy bags of groceries into the house.

Just then, as sometimes these coincidences happen, a Mom and four little boys came walking by.  I stepped down toward the street and said, "Hey guys, if it's all right with Mom, I'll give each of you a dollar if you carry my groceries into my house."

Mom nodded in agreement and those cute little guys (4-10 yrs old), made two trips and the job was done.

As I passed out the dollar bills, the one named Mason, 7 years old said, "Thank you so much.  I really needed this dollar because...I am flat broke!"  Each boy thanked me, over and over.  What a blessing and such cute little kids.
==========================
I have my latest genealogy almost done.  51 hours of "charged" research--a few more hours I didn't charge because it was me editing my own work.  14 generations up the tree.  Lots of early pioneers/settlers.  Now I just have to put it all together, print out the book and mail if off.  I think she will be well pleased!
====================
I went to a funeral today--for a friend of my Dad's. It was a Baptist funeral, so it was very long.  Why do they always play/sing "Amazing Grace" at every funeral I go to?  It won't be played at mine.  It's too fu·ne·re·al  fyəˈnērēəl/.  I want something happier like, "When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be...."

The best part of a funeral, is the procession to the
Cemetery.  You don't have to stop for any stop lights or stop signs.

=================
At the wedding--the little moppet was playing shy with his Mimi.

11 comments:

  1. I laughed at your Amazing Grace comment because that is the ONLY hymn I want at my funeral. I associate with my mom and my childhood. It was her favorite.

    Windows 10 automatically download all over the place, didn't it. The geek guy told me that soon people will have to pay for that download and they no longer will support the older versions. So it's best to go with the flow. It happened on both of my computers and it's been easy to adjust to for me.

    I don't want summer to end! Winter is lonely around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a GREAT hymn--when I sing it, I sing it robustly. I guess that's why I don't like it associated with the slow, doleful way it is performed at funerals. LOL

      Delete
  2. i think our summer at the jersey shore has been pretty average, hot and humid is what we always get. i am looking forward to fall.

    mason's comment, too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too-ready for September and some fallish weather.
      That crisp, clean air, instead of soggy smelling.

      Delete
  3. I would cry at anyone's gathering if they played that song!

    I'm tired of the humidity in Maui also ... so draining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Windows 10 on my computer. I didn't like it at first but I am getting used to it! I too am looking forward to Fall weather just not ready for Winter! However, February brings my little grandson so looking forward to that will get me through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't kids just make you laugh; they're so funny. :)

    I downloaded 10, but didn't like it at all. And, now it's going to be downloaded against our wishes? I hope that's not the case. I have 7 and don't want to change. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it will be awhile before we are forced into Windows 10. I will wait until the very last moment--just like I did when I had XP and then went on to Windows 7.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so funny. We Baptists never miss an opportunity to sing our National Anthem (Amazing Grace). We sing it every church service. But it won't be sung at my funeral either. I've told the kids: Open with Crown Him With Many Crowns. Then sing The Old Rugged Cross and Great Is Thy Faithfulness. I hope my son will be able to sing Zion's Hill. Then they can plant my bones. I'll still be alive, up in Heaven. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I want one song sang as a solo and 3 hymns sang by the gathering. I don't want a sermon, I want it to be a joyous send off!!!

      Delete
  8. Oh and I forgot to say, I love your story about paying the little guys to carry in your groceries. Three young girls came to Audrey and Erica's house last week, wanting $15 dollars to wash a car. The girls negotiated it down to $20 for both their cars, then threw in a $2 tip. The girls agreed and soon the cars were sparkling. Later Audrey saw them on the street and asked how they'd done that day. Glowing with pride, they announced they'd made $90. Audrey said you could see the happiness and confidence that only comes from work and accomplishment, writ large on their faces. There's a lesson in that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete