title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, August 4, 2016

It's Not The Heat--It's The Humidity

---which is a dang lie!!!!!

When it's in the 90's, it IS the heat.

None of my annuals are growing like they should.  Too hot and dry.

Orange colored leaves are appearing on my Maple trees.  Too hot and dry.

I don't even want to go outside to get the mail.  Too hot and humid.
===================

Last night, I decided that today--TODAY--I would go up to Howell and then go to Brighton.

I had a prescription to pick up at the Howell Walmart, I also had to get cat food, file folders, Hershey chocolate bars and D cell batteries. I also had to stop at the bank.

After I was done there, I "planned" to drive to Brighton and go to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy the curtains, stop at JoAnn's and Meijer's where Pepsi is "10 for 10 with the 11th one free".

I was really feeling punk this morning.  Probably brought on by the fact that I had an intestinal episode that kept me awake from Midnight until nearly 3:00.

Nonetheless, after my Soap, I got in the hot car to go up to Walmart.  For some unknown reason, today of all days, the car's air conditioning fan decided to cooperate and I had nice, cool air blowing on me the entire 2.5 miles.

I decided to refill my prescription for Ativan.  60 pills last refilled on 05/01/2013.  I discovered that they really help when my inside get nervous and also when the trembling starts in my hands.  Teeny-tiny, 0.5 mg miracles. An old drug used for anxiety, cheap at $1.25 and they work great!!!

I am a fan of Ativan!!

As I trudged across the hot parking lot, I wondered if I was going to make it to my car without fainting!  I wondered if the shimmering I saw was heat radiating up from the asphalt or if it was the start of a black-out!

I drove the short mile to the bank and was cooled off nicely.  When I pulled out of the bank, back onto the main road that runs from Howell to Brighton, and right past where I live, I just felt tired.  As I neared the entrance to my Park, I did a right turn and came home!!

Brighton can wait until tomorrow.
====================
I spent a couple of hours, making new labels for my new file folders to go in my new hanging file folders, in my desk.  I felt like I was back at work doing my Administrative Assistant job.  Everything in my big desk drawer is organized and looking pretty.

Then, I decided to try and straighten this room.  My Gosh--what a bunch of stuff, still sitting out from when I moved it in here BEFORE my paint job.  Dust on all the shelves.  Things need moving around.  Things need taken up to the Salvation Army place.

I soon stopped that nonsense and played a few Face Book games and then decided it would be a good thing to climb into my recliner, watch a bit of TV and knit.  

Tomorrow is another day!!
===========
When are those storms from Canada going to move on down here and cool us off???!!!

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, it is hot and humid everywhere! Thank goodness for a/c.

    I just LOVE when things are organized. It's just getting started that is so hard!

    Good for you for keeping Ativan at the ready. Sometimes our bodies need a bit of chemical relief ... as we age, I think we produce less of what used to keep us balanced. I had the stomach bug for four DAYS. Today was 95% normal. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a couple of the most beautiful days you've ever seen this week. Glad you car a/c is working. Whew!

    I love just reading about you getting organized. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heat seems to bother a lot of people as they age. I'm the opposite, the cold bothers me more. If we were neighbors I could do all your summer errands and you could do all my winter errands. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you had that bug, but glad it's (hopefully) over. We needed rain so badly also, and got some Weds and yesterday. I hope you all get it sooner rather than later.

    I'd completely forgotten about At*van. I'll mention that to my doctor when I go back in September.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand about venturing out and then just wanting to make a beeline for the barn. So often I think about an excursion and then just go ... nah. Another day. It's been so hot here too, but it's become ever so slightly cooler and we're grateful. The humidity is killer, though. xoxo

    ReplyDelete