title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, August 5, 2016

Still Hot and Humid, but...........


--today was Brighton Day. 

I spent part of the morning cleaning up in this computer room.  At least now, I can walk in here and get to my desk without have to maneuver through a war zone.

After watching my Soap and feeling pretty chipper, with my cool skinny Jeans and cute top on, I headed up to Michael's. I have two old, but very loved posters, that I found when cleaning and realized that, with my new living room,, I wanted them back up on the wall.  So, I am getting them re-matted and re-framed. 

Then on to JoAnn's for some embroidery floss and yarn. Of course, these items are way at the farthest wall in the place, but I kept smiling and kept walking.

Then on to Bed Bath & Beyond. All three of these stores are within a block of each other in a strip mall.  

I have never been in that store and probably will not go back. Too much stuff! Yes, they have everything for the bed and the bath--it's just that they have way to much stuff for the beyond.  I felt claustrophobic!  

I had the photo of the curtains I wanted, on-line it said they were in stock--not so. So I ordered them from their computer, and they will deliver them to my home--free shipping.  I find it quite curious.  Curtains used to come in pairs.  Now they come in single panels.  If you want a pair, you have to order two panels.  The sale girl and I both thought that was ridiculous. At least, if I don't like them, it will be a short ride to take them back.

Then across Grand River to Meijer's to buy the "10 Pepsi for 10, with 11th one free".  That's all I got and headed up to the "20 or less" lane.

I got flirted with in the check-out lane. I was behind my cart and wanted to get in front to unload it.  I had to squeeze between my cart and the side thingie, The guy behind me-probably mid 60's, cute said, "Well, it's a good thing you've kept your model figure." 

I smiled. 

"You're are so tall and thin, did you ever model?, he asked. 

"Yes, back in the 60's, I modeled ski wear for a couple of months." 

"Oh. I thought you probably were a Victoria's Secret model."

So, apparently he wasn't referring to my long, thin legs!!

I didn't know what to say.  I moved up to start unloading my cart, then turned to him and said, "Sir, when I modeled in the 60's. Victoria had no secrets, neither did Debbie, and neither did I." 
Turned my back on him and concentrated on talking with the cashier!
Dirty old men--disgust me!
==================
When I first moved here, I dated a guy like that.  He flirted with every waitress.  Made comments about their figures.  Called all of them "Sweetie".  He thought the waitresses loved it.  I could see them rolling their eyes and shaking their heads as they walked away.  That's what this guy today reminded me of and totally turned me off!  Why do old guys get like that?

When I got home, I took a shower--not just because I was sweating and hot from the weather, but to wash off the dirt that man made me feel.




6 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you love the new curtains! Can't wait to see. :)

    Yeah, old men can be "dirty" but so can younger ones; my ex-husband would stare at every woman in a store or restaurant. Remember I said "ex". LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so happy you ordered those curtains, they are going to look FAB!!!!

    gross man, thinks he's cute but he isn't. clearly never learned how to really compliment a woman...never learned how to act around a woman!!! if he really wanted to impress you he should have helped you with your items. offered to help you out to the car because it's so hot out, load your trunk!! that would have impressed me!! not all men are gross, i have a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb--I wouldn't have accepted his help! Especially after I saw the wedding ring on his left hand!

      You DO have a good one and there ARE other good ones. Unfortunately, most of the good ones are taken and stay married because they ARE good ones. :-)

      Delete
  3. Those curtains are going to look so good! Totally change the accent away from the darkness that you first see.

    If that guy had stopped before making the Victoria Secret comment it would have been a nice exchange. Some men have to make everything about sex. I'll bet he's been using that line for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you re: flirting. So distasteful and classless. Once a big-time lawyer, 20 years older than me, sidled up to me in an elevator and stared directly into my eyes. I was married and the mother of four. I just inched away. When I told my husband about it that night, he chuckled. "You don't catch any fish if you don't throw out any bait." Oh. I see. I guess we women just look to men like something to try catching. Now about Bed, Bath and Beyond: for a long time I loathed that store and would not go in the doors. I mean, for years. But recently I did go -- I forget why -- and for some reason I began to see it with new eyes. Now I sort of like it, if I'm looking for something kitchen-gadgety or the like. They do have lots of cool stuff but I hear you re: claustrophobia. It is definitely sensory overload. And their prices tend to be high. xoxo

    ReplyDelete