title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

You Guys!!

On this 14th day of Lent, 
I am so grateful that I don't have to go outside!  
We are having snow, snow mixed with rain, freezing rain, icy mixed with rain and then, just plain rain.  
Weird weather day here in the great Mitten State.
==============================
Judi, with an "i", can you tell me where you live?  Are you my visitor from New Jersey?
I have a regular visitor from New Jersey and since my youngest and her family are probably going to move there this summer, I'd like to know who that reader is.  Okay?  (My nickname is Curious George).
=============================

Well, I didn't expect so many comments yesterday.  I wasn't fishing for comments.  It wasn't a "mandatory comment day".  I wasn't being a --what is that term I've heard--"Comment Whore"?  But, I am so glad to see so many.  I made a list about a year ago, I asked you to comment your name and where you were from.  I actually made a list in Excel and if I see an area and don't remember who lives there, I check my list.  I know--I am obsessive about things weird.  So--even if you don't comment, I know who's been by to see what nonsense I posted.  That makes me smile too.

I woke up kind of late this morning--primarily because I had a fitful night, for some unknown reason, and didn't get to sleep until nearly 4:00am.  I struggled to get out of bed at 9:30 am--Buddy was nudging my face with his cold, damp nose and Maggie was nibbling on my hand.  Once I open, even one eye, Buddy sees me and jumps off the bed and he and Maggie start their meowing and crying and if they could humanize their sounds it would be something like, "Mom, get up.  We are starving.  You sleep too late!  Get up!  Get up!" and when I swing my feet out of bed, they start their dance around my ankles as we all move toward the kitchen.  I don't even have time to go potty, until they are fed.

When I do get out of the bathroom, they run ahead of me into the bedroom--they know my routine so well.  This morning I turned left out of the bathroom and headed into the computer room.  Completely threw them off and they followed me, meowing all the way.

I looked out the front windows and saw Dar, walking up my driveway.  I ran to the front door to unlock it and let her in.  For the next hour, she regaled me with--I don't quite remember what, but I know there was talk about Jesus sitting in the chair by her bed and how she woke in the night and was scared and he "talked" her down.  

Every day, I am so grateful for Jesus, but especially on days that He talks Dar down before she decides to come over here.
====================

I have been a bit down the last couple of weeks.  A lot of that is sadness over my blogging friend, Balisha.  Hard for me to accept that she is dying.  She is such a wonderful gardener and had made plans for what she was going to plant this spring.  How can her flowers still come up and bloom without her there to take care of them, post photos of them and post about them?  It is not fair!!

I remember being so angry the month after my Mother died and the 500 Tulips and Daffodils she had planted the fall before, all came up and looked beautiful.  I wanted to take a weed whip and go out and cut every one of them down.  How dare they come to life when my young Mother was dead?  So angry at those dang flowers.
===========
Well--maybe I will feel better tomorrow after I get out and socialize.  My Daddy's first cousin and best friend passed away last week at his winter home in Florida. He was 94.  His visitation is tomorrow night at the same funeral home where Fred was (I will try and not think about that--hope it's not in the same room) and his funeral is on Friday at our Church.

The first time I've gone to Church since June 1st.  So--I will get to see our Minister, and the ladies who will put on the funeral meal.  Also get to see relatives, that I want to see--the cousin that betrayed me, I will try and stay away from.  Perhaps, tomorrow night I will also get to see Jen and the kids.  I wasn't going up to the visitation, but Karen called and wanted me to ride up with them.

Then my curiosity overtook me, thinking that the kids won't be at the funeral on a work-day, so I will go. I will take any chance to see Jen and the kids.

Is that awful of me to be happy for this chance?  I mean it's a funeral after all.  I should be sad.  Can't quite be that way.  Cousin Billy had a great life.  He was the most non-judgmental person I ever met.  A nice Christian Methodist man.  He was 94--it will be a celebration rather than a sad occasion.

I still might be an awful person though--to attend the visitation ONLY to have the chance to see my littlest grand kinders.


17 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your uncle, but as you say he had a good life. It still doesn't make it easy when we lose someone. No, I don't think you're an awful person, Judy; I'd do whatever it takes to see those grandchildren. And, I'm so sorry about your friend, Balisha. Very sad.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not an awful person to want to take advantage of an opportunity to see friends and family. Like you said, your dad's cousin was 94 and lived a good life. It's not the same as if you were going to the funeral of someone under twenty, thirty or even forty. I have felt the same way going to a funeral, wondering if I'd see so and so.

    Like you just did with your New Jersey visitor, I have been so curious about certain visitors to my blog that I've been tempted to do like you did above: ask them to come post something about their self. (If you mean the East Orange, NJ person I see on your Feedjit, I think she/he comes to my blog, too.) Call me Curious George's sister-wife. Oh, well, it's the nature of the blogging world, I guess. But it does drive me to distraction from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray ( and hope that all of us that love her ) for Balisha asking for no-pain / healing light / ease/ etc. I try to envision her photo that she has on her blog surrounded by light..
    And it still is hard to accept. One minute she was enjoying Christmas with her clan and excited about gardening in the next season and then BOOM:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy- Im not a blogger but I love to read blogs, and I have to say yours is my favorite. I love it that you don't try to hide anything and you speak the truth- that's rare these days! So sorry to read about Balisha- I followed her blog also, and I'm sure going to miss her posts.
    Anyway- I just want to say thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I am the Judi with the "I". I am a farm wife, mother of three married girls, grandmother to 3 wee ones. I was raised in town and married a farm guy and grew to love the farm life. Our farm is in central Illinois. I don't know what shows up as my location because in 5 years of reading blogs I never looked at that. HA! I am retired from owning a florist shop in a very small town. Loved it but lost several family members in 18 months. Life too short! I don't have a blog but so enjoy reading everyone's. In the last few months I have been commenting more. Always felt like I couldn't comment. Continue to be honest and yourself. Someone once told me be yourself because no one else can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could start a blog, if you wanted to. I love reading anything about farm life, as I grew up on a farm and two of my kids and my sister still live on the family farms. I long to go back home and live on some of the land there, but.....probably never going to happen.

      Delete
    2. You are so kind to suggest starting a blog. Made me feel important. thnx again

      Delete
  6. Just glanced at your viewing list.
    Said Murfreesboro, Tn. - not me - this is outside of
    Springfield, Tn and Nashville :)
    Love visiting you
    and see so many similarities, yes Balisha rarely leaves my mind and have
    another friend almost at the end. Sad...
    A funeral tomorrow at the local church, minutes away, so involved for years,
    now 99% gone, new people, feel like a stranger, remodeled and difficulty
    for me to get in with all the stairs, will not go.
    I have always thought
    more important to be there when one is living and not when they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judi should start a blog. She sounds like she has a interesting life. I love reading about people who live a different lifestyle than I do.

    I hope you do see Jen and the kids at the funeral. You are not bad for wanting to see them. I just wish this would resolve itself. It's been so long and I know it's very hard for you, Judy with a y. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Judy, you are so kind to suggest a blog. I once answered someone when they asked "What are you going to do now that you are retired?" I said I was going to work on myself, believe me that is a big project. HA I spend the morning in quietness (after hubby leaves for chores) then do some exercise of the mind and body. thnx again

      Delete
    2. Jude, So nice of you to answer my comment. I could use a little of that self-improvement plan, especially the exercise, but a little meditation wouldn't hurt. All the best to you. If you do ever start a blog, I hope I'll find out about it.
      Bella

      Delete
  8. Sometimes funerals are the only way we see people! OR weddings! Anyway, I don't think it's wrong to wand to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy. I'm still reading from Bellingham wa, but your feedjit says I'm from San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne--I guess I can't trust my Feedjit anymore. It seems nowadays, you can't trust anything electronic. HAH!!

      Delete
  10. I hope that today went OK. Your story about Dar really made me smile. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading your blog. I wish I could still blog but I just can't get my mojo on. I will try again one day. Take care kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Dar is a trip.....you are such a good patient friend! I love how the kitties get you out of bed. I am all too familiar with those tactics, although they are practiced on LM much more than me.
    Your outlook on your cousin's passing is heartwarming....

    I am thinking a lot about Balisha, too. So sad. She is an incredible gardener and I will miss the tours of her beautiful gardens.
    LIFE...

    ReplyDelete