title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, March 2, 2015

Hello. Is Anyone Still Out There?

Today I am grateful for March and Sunshine.
For a friend who took me out to supper
and
another Dear Friend who sent me two
books of stamps.
I was down to one stamp in this house
with 4 birthday cards and a bill to mail
tomorrow.

======================


Why don't people post on their blogs anymore?

I have my favorite blogs on the right side-bar on my page and when the author of that blog, writes a new post, it pops up to the top of my list.  I get so tickled when that happens.  Sometimes there are three or four new blog posts and I love it.  I read and comment.

At the bottom of that list of blogs are some that are still active, but no posts for months or even a year.  That makes me sad.  I know those authors are still "alive" as I see them on Face Book.  They might post a status or share a link.  That just leaves me cold.  There is nothing in those short comments that has any real meaning.  I want to know what they are feeling.  What is going on in their lives.  What they did that was funny, or not funny or just plain every day stuff.

I miss them.

So many on Face Book now, just share links.  Link after link, but no message.  I am guilty of this too, I know.  So many links that it takes me an hour just to read the new ones on my home page.  Nothing of substance.  I guess in this fast paced world, that is what we are left with.

So many of these "lost" bloggers come to my blog to read my posts, I see they have visited by the counter, also on the right side-bar, that shows the city they have come from.  They don't often leave comments.  I get so much out of what my reader's comment.  I can't begin to tell you how many of those comments have helped me.

My blog is just mainly about my ponderings on how life seems to me or is to me.  I write these thoughts down to get them on paper, where I can read them, later if need be, and to elicit a comment that can help me sort out my ponderings.  

Many times, the comments have given me more things to ponder and at times, have helped change my mind about how I thought about something.  Many times, just the support in the comments, are so helpful.  Many times, the commentator has written that they feel the same way and that let's me know, I am not alone.  I am not going nuts, if someone else has experienced or feels the same way.

I HAVE to write!  I HAVE to reach out to people.  I live alone and some day's do not speak a word.  Most days, do not talk to another human being.  I guess my blog posts are my way of communicating and the comments are answers back from friends.

It is the same with reading others posts.  I feel almost like we are sitting and talking.  I am listening to you and then I "talk" back to you.  I sure miss the ones who have quit posting.  I sure miss the ones who come to visit, but leave no comment--kind of like you came up to my door, but didn't bother to come in for a chat.

My front door is never locked.  Come on in sometime, even if just to say "Hi."

Thanks Alice :-)
===============
Christmas 2015 Projects:





29 comments:

  1. Cabin fever is going around right now and so is feeling grateful for other bloggers and the people who comment. I like to write, don't get my wrong---I would do it even if NOT ONE read what I write, but it's so nice to hear from those who read what we write once in a while for all the reasons you listed above. I'm so glad I found your blog and you found me though I have no idea which came first.

    I usually prune the abandoned blogs from the bottom of my list if it's been over a year. With one exception. I keep hoping against hope that I'll get to hear the end of her story someday as I really felt so badly for her widowhood journey. (Her husband hanged himself in the basement and she was trying so hold it all together for their two kids.)

    Anyway, if you didn't recognized yourself in my recent post about this topic of blogging and commenters...that was you I was talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back and re-read your blog from yesterday, because, I hadn't recognized myself, LOL. I too think we would be good neighbor's--especially if we lived by a lake in next door cottages!! I found you first when I was searching for Widows Blogs--especially ones whose hubs left right around the time Fred did. From you, I learned that I wasn't going crazy. I figured if two of us could have the same feelings, etc. than I wasn't alone or nutz!!!

      Delete
    2. Cottages on a little Michigan lake! That would be heaven on earth.

      Love what you wrote to Levi. I laughed right out loud at the butt smelling part. Writing from a difference voice is a fun challenge. Hint, hint I'll bet one of your cats would have a lot to say about you.

      Delete
  2. When I think about how many friends I've made blogging over the years, it blows my mind. I started in 2002 (under a different name) and like you, I miss so many of them. A lot have totally chosen FB over blogging. I do enjoy FB mainly because I've "met up" with some of my cousins that way when otherwise I wouldn't know a thing about what's going on in their lives.

    I don't share as much as I used to. In the older days, I did a lot more writing. But, for some reason since Ben passed away, I just haven't had it in me. I always enjoy reading your blog, Judy. I feel like you're my next door neighbor just a few miles away. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sal--wish I were your neighbor, especially now with snow up to my grommets and minus zero temperatures. Yes--a few miles away--maybe 1/2 mile? We could start walking the path and meet in the middle, LOL.

      Delete
    2. That would be so wonderful. I'd like it mighty fine. :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh, and I love the slippers you're making. So very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understand so much you share about our writing.
    I have to write
    the main way I communicat with my family.
    Take care
    Love your slippers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope everything is getting better there, Ernestine, and you and Callie are safe and warm.

      Delete
  5. These slippers are beautiful! I feel the same way about posting and 'listening' for comments, because you are my friends! I have less time right now to post :-(, I will be back. (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I read you faithfully although I hardly ever comment. I love "peeking" into your life. You are awesome in all the things you do with your time. And of course, I also love hearing about your friends and neighbors. Love your shoes, are they warm? My feet stay cold all the time. Take care. Margie in AR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie, the slippers are made with cotton yarn. They are very warm and worn a lot. The cotton yarn seems "stronger" than just regular yarn so the feet don't wear out. I am trying to make 15 pair for next Christmas. HAH

      Delete
  7. Guilty as charged, Judy! lol I always read your blog first thing, even before I look to see if I have any new comments. I like that you write about what's going on around you. This winter has been drab and of course as a farmer I've had to be out in it a lot. There are a lot of things I'd like to write about, but my children can all read it and so I don't. I'll try to do better ~ promise. Since I haven't written much lately, my pageviews have gone way down and I can understand why. Also, my life's work is so different from most that I don't feel like too many people are interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey--you can take the girl off the farm, but you will never take the farm outta the girl! You know that I LOVE reading your posts. It keeps me connected to my previous farm way of life. When you write about getting the boxes of chicks, I can actually hear the cacophony of their peeping. LOL

      Delete
  8. Judy,
    I'm so glad that you post as often as you do. I look forward to every post. I always smile when I see you in my reader. I miss you on weekends. I don't 'get' FB and Twitter. I like to write and read, so blogging is more up my alley. Like you, I enjoy the feedback and leaving comments. It's kind of like having a pen pal.

    Those slippers are adorable. Your gift recipients are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read, but don't always comment, nor do I blog much. Mostly because I feel I have nothing to contribute, nothing to say because I'm simply coasting through life, just going through the motions.

    I'll try to do better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading about your everyday life, Marla. Always interested in what is going on with you and the boys and so happy when something really great happens--like it did with Tyler. Coasting through life? Aren't most of us?

      Delete
  10. So glad you keep us in your world. I always check your blog - nearly every day. I, too, need to do better. Sometimes I just get lazy and think I'm just coasting through too - but that's mostly what life is - the small moments that add up to years.
    Hugs,
    WGO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't post often, but when you do, I always read and try and leave a comment, even if it is only a snarky, "GO MSU, BEAT PURDUE"! hah

      Delete
  11. I check in every day with most blogs and yours in one of them. I tend to be a self isolated person. I like myself, I am a loner. I tried to be something else for a long time but just couldn't. People made me feel that there was something wrong with me. I don't buy that anymore. I think this is a gift to myself. So many of my friends can't even go shopping alone. I do things with others but I am content by myself, also. My husband understands and I am so grateful for that. So even if I don't comment I am out there and look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to mention that I found your blog on Simply Balisha. Most of the blogs I follow came from her favorites. I continue to send blessings to her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judi--amazingly we have the same name and we both tend to be loners and really enjoy being at home. Some people think I'm weird about that. One neighbor HAS to go out everyday or she goes nuts. I am so content to stay at home for days on end. Peaceful, quiet, warm. What to say about Balisha/Pat. It makes me sad/angry that all of her flowers will bloom this year, as normal, but she will not be here to tend them. How can spring and summer come to this land without Balisha? I go to her blog every day to see if there is a new post or comment. I am really so sad about it. I think of her often during my day.

      Delete
  13. Hi, Judi--

    I'm listening. I didn't realize you had a blog at all--because when I see your name in someone's comments, I click on your name to go to your profile page and the link for your blog isn't part of it. 'Happy to discover you keep one. (I found it when your newest post showed up on Balisha's sidebar yesterday.)

    Love and comfort to you. I know Balisha's heavily on our hearts and minds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ug! I always have good intentions and every weekend I plan on doing at least one post but then the weekend comes and I just don't feel like sitting at my computer for that long! I need to do another challenge of some sort because that always gets me posting! I enjoy reading your posts, though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ug! I always have good intentions and every weekend I plan on doing at least one post but then the weekend comes and I just don't feel like sitting at my computer for that long! I need to do another challenge of some sort because that always gets me posting! I enjoy reading your posts, though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I, too am not a blogger, but I enjoy reading a few and try to stay in touch occasionally to let you know. I enjoy reading about you and your goings-on and the fact that you're so open about sharing your day-to-day issues in such a truthful manner. I am a wife (54 yrs), a mother (X4), a GM (x9) and a retired medical research analyst. I enjoy learning about you, your family and your environment. Though we're hundreds of miles apart (me in central Canada) our lives entwine in very similar fashion. It's heartwarming to know I'm not the only one experiencing the ups and downs of life and the miseries of health issues that accompany each day. Family matters are somewhat universal aren't they. I look forward to your daily posts (first thing I do each morning) and miss your posts on the weekend. Keep well, Judi and stay warm. Spring will soon be with us (I hope). Carly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carly--you are on my list from Winnipeg, Manitoba!! HAH--I am like the IRS--I know where you are, LOL. Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete