title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

This & That

Another photo of Madeleine--I think her Dad may have taken this one while he was working backstage.  She had to stay on pointe, in that pose, until it was her turn to dance.



Putting Christmas Cards in envelopes today.  I want to mail them Saturday.  Here is the one I made for Evan--my youngest GrandBoy.


Sorry, it was a bit crooked when I scanned it.
===============================
The way Dar acted on our "adventure" Monday, had me upset the rest of Monday and all day yesterday.  I was trying to figure out why she is as she is.

Self-absorbed.  Yes
Distracted.  Yes
Doesn't listen.  Yes

I realized last night that relating with her is not a good thing for my mental health!!  Not when she affects me for an entire night and day, thinking about her.

I was doing pretty well today--getting my Christmas cards ready to mail, getting presents ready to wrap.

She came in the door around 5:00 and I could feel myself tense up and I felt a real snotty attitude come into my mind, but...I tried not to let it show.

I was putting together a casserole for supper and so I said, "Sit down and talk while I get this in the oven."

Trying to pay attention to the recipe I did hear her say, "Well, I went to the doctor today and to the surgeon and I got my release papers."

I turned..."You got your papers!?"

"Yup.  I go back to work tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow?"

"Yup.  I just wanted to come over and tell you because you've been here for me through this whole horrible ordeal and you have helped me so much.  Just your calm reasoning has helped my mental stability so much.  I won't be over very much from now on...you know how it is when I work.  I have no idea what my hours are going to be, but I am going to work everyday from now until the end of the year, as many hours as they will give me."
<Thank you, Lord.>

I popped the casserole in the oven and sat down in my chair.  Suddenly my heart felt lighter and I could smile and be nice.

She told me that "they"  have come to the conclusion that she DOES NOT have a hernia, that it is a cyst and she will have to go back and get it drained again. But she can go back to working full time.

Off she went at about quarter to six.

YAY--free.  I am free.  Praise God Almighty, I am Free at Last!







6 comments:

  1. That wasn't a "snotty attitude" you felt coming on. That was self preservation kicking in. Pay attention to what your body is trying to tell you.

    Evan's care is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is adorable and how pretty Madeleine is !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of your grand daughter. Your little card is really special...Now you can relax since she is going back to work. It will give her something to do and for your "some peace."
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is lovely........... and the rest of your news is brilliant! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Methinks people like Dar are best taken in small doses. :)

    Maddie is really something. Can you imagine standing on point for even a few seconds. I'd be hobbling the rest of the day. Ah...youth.

    Your card for Evan is adorable. He will love it.

    I'm going to finish wrapping my gifts today if it kills me and then I'm going to try to straighten my house up. I've made a mess with decorating and wrapping. Most of my cards are in the mail. Whew!

    ReplyDelete