title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, October 7, 2013

An Icky Day

The high temperature today was: 55 degrees
Rainy-windy.  Sunny-windy.
Cool, but warming coming tomorrow
===============================
What did I do all weekend.  Well--not much, LOL.  It had rained pretty hard Saturday morning, so I knew I could work on the porch.  It must be nice and dry. So............

Saturday, there were to back-to-back football games on.  MSU won and U of M won.  Then I watched the Detroit Tigers--late, as they were playing out in CA.

I did this during the first game--
The filling of the pill boxes ceremony


This is the box I store all my prescriptions and supplements in.



All filled for the next 13 days.

The box I keep them in.



I finished this during the second game.
It is now in the storage box for the future great grandchildren.

Pammie called me and we chatted for an hour.  

Then--at 9:00, a terrific pain hit me in the left side of my back--just above my waist and below my ribs.  Then it seemed to come around to the left side of my abdomen.  I thought it was because I had sat all day and put strain on that part of my back.  But then, it also felt like a kidney problem--I have kidney gravel or it may have been an intestinal thing.

When you were little, did your Mother ask you everyday, "Did you have a BM?"  My Mother did and it embarrassed me so much.  Sometimes I lied and said yes, because if I had "No", after two days the bottle of Milk of Magnesia came out and I got a tablespoon of it.  Did you ever have to take that stuff?  Oh my, it gagged me and sometimes I threw up.  I'd be backed in the corner, yelling, "No! No!", but she'd get it down me.  

Then, when I was in the hospital and rehab, after my hip surgeries, the nurse would ask me the same thing.  It embarrassed me then too and I'd lie and say, "Yes."  I had my own laxative hidden in my purse and when I thought I needed it, I took it.  I wasn't about to take their Colace every day!!!

Well, I thought perhaps that was my problem this time.

I woke up Sunday morning, real early so I could get ready for church and the pain was there, still as intense.  So--what to do.  I drank a glass of prune juice.  I took a kidney gravel dissolve capsule and I took an anti-inflammatory and went back to bed.  When I woke up at 2:00 in the afternoon, the pain seemed a bit less.  I drank another glass of prune juice and rubbed some of the Absorbine horse liniment (that Fred swore by) on my back.

I felt icky all day Sunday and mostly sat around and watched golf all afternoon.

We had rain all day Sunday.
================================

This morning, I awoke around 8:00 and the pain had lessened.  The sun was shining, but within an hour, it was raining again.  I guess we will have rain today and tomorrow, so I am not worrying about working on the porch until Wednesday.

I took another kidney pill and drank a glass of Miralax--as nothing was moving in the intestinal department.  BOY--when this all works, I will be glad I am close to home, LOL.

I canceled my appointment at the chiropractor because the thought of a massage, turned me off.  The girl that does it is a "strong" massager and it hurts, so I knew today, it would be unbearable.

More liniment on the sore spot and an anti-inflammatory--it feels more like a strained muscle now.  We shall see.
===============================
Pearl came down tonight to let me know that her daughter got an approval to buy a home and live here in the park.  She has a beautiful, double wide, over by the lake, with a wrap-around deck and a big back yard, overlooking the lake and the woods.  I am so glad for her.  She has had a rough life and it is finally smoothing out.

These are my two kids.  They were napping together on the floor.  Each had one arm around the other's neck.  Then Maggie woke up and started grooming Buddy.  He decided to walk away and she grabbed at him, so he jumped on her and they tussled for a while.  Never a dull moment with these two around.



He finally got away from her and went into the litter box.  Maggie hid over by the couch and when Buddy came out of the computer room, she leaped on his back.  He jumped straight up into the air and took off and she chased him all the way down the hall to the bedroom.  Then they came tearing back up the hall, straight through the living room and into the computer room.

What a pair!  I am so glad I have them.





4 comments:

  1. Jeez, Judy, I hope it's just muscle strain from all the work you've been doing! Don't let it go on too long before consulting a doctor.

    Your quilt is beautiful. I take it you made it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope that pain eases out today for you. I'm in the same boat with my foot - relentless pain. Very slightly better this morning so I will go to work, but have to find a way to elevate it.
    Sending you wishes for a better day.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better now, Judy. Yes, it has been pretty gloomy the past few days and one of the best things about cats is watching them play together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little quilt! Lucky baby!
    I had to laugh ~ Mama used to ask me the same thing, and if I said "No" she'd make me sit on the old enamel pot until results.

    ReplyDelete