title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pretty Much, A No-Nothing Day

Today's high temperature was: 45
Feels like temperature: 39
Sunny, breezy
==================================
Here is the link for the Kennedy book I am reading.
http://www.amazon.com/These-Few-Precious-Days-Jackie/dp/1476732329/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382628991&sr=1-1&keywords=these+few+precious+days

I saw this quote on Ernestine's blog post and had to go to the link to read the whole post. I am amazed that this is so exactly how I feel most days.  And again amazed that someone else feels the same way, which makes me feel so much better, because you know, at times I feel I am losing my sanity.  Now, I know--the up and down emotions are quite normal :-)

"I am amazed at the rainbow of feelings that can overtake me in the span of a week, or, even, a day. I can swing in the clouds, full of confidence and competence and, in short order, slide onto the ground, bereft, lost, larval in my capacity to grapple with life.

In those moments, or hours, or days, when I feel so inept, drenched in inadequacy, I rail against the uncertainties and disappointments in life. As if life came with a map and I’d taken the wrong turn. Or life were a test and I’d simply, tragically failed."
http://www.elderwomenmusings.com/?cat=6
===================================

Karen's 52nd birthday today.  I posted a Happy Birthday to her on Face Book with a picture of her at two.  I'm sure she isn't mad at me for that :-)  I gave her a pair of those wonderful Egyptian Cotton sheets I got last spring.

Wasn't she adorable?  When she was younger, she looked exactly
like the Gerber Baby.


Do you know what I did today?  Nuttin' Honey!  I sat in that chair and I made two nylon net scrubbies, I crocheted two rows on a baby afghan and I crossed stitched on another baby crib cover.  

Dar came over this afternoon, but I am not going to post about her conversation because the whole experience was way too taxing for me.  Let's just say, she is off her meds again, LOL.  Telling her manager at her new job that he doesn't know what he's doing.  Confronting a lady at church.  And snooping at her sister-in-law's house to find her daughter's address.  I was worn out when she finally left!

Tomorrow is going to be a great day.  Spent with Pammie!



7 comments:

  1. Good Morning,
    I LOVE that quote on Ernestine's blog, and, I, too, identify with each word. Up and down, drifting, and then a whirlwind of activity. LIFE.
    Love that picture of Karen. What a beautiful child and woman!
    Have a wonderful day with Pammie. Red Sox got off to a good start then my boss sat front row at the game last night and they lost....he'll be late coming in this morning. LOL...on to St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way Ernestine writes! Thanks for posting that link and the one to the book. Your daughter was beautiful and looked very happy in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way Ernestine writes. Thanks for that link and the on to the book. Your daughter looked very happy in that photo. What a pretty little girl she way.

    Hope today is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it sounds like you did at lot while sitting. Go, you!!!!

    Karen sure was a beauty, and still is I imagine. :)

    I'm beat, a long day but a lot done.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had an awesome day with Pam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can certainly identify with that quote. I will visit Ernestine. I've never read her blog. Thanks for the link and the link to the book.

    That is such a cute photo of Karen. Check out this photo of my granddaughter. I think there's a resemblance. http://culdesacchronicles.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/stealth/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the big, round brown eyes. So photogenic!

      Delete