title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Well--Here We Are!!!

The high temperature today was:  65 degrees
The humidity was: 34%
Cool, sunny, breezy.  
The low last night was: 42 degrees
=========================================

So, I posted a post Saturday.  Went to bed and before I got asleep, remembered something I had to do on the computer.  I pushed the start button and.......it stuck!!

All day Sunday, no computer.  Took it in early Monday morning.  Tuesday--nothing.  Half of today--nothing.  GOOD GRIEF!!!  I never realized how addicted and dependent I am on this dang, electronic thing!!

What to do in the morning with no computer?  What to do in the evening, with no computer?  I do not like anything on TV in the morning's it appears--good Lord I tried to find something, but da nada!  I do not like The Talk or The View or The Price is Right--nuttin'.  I had the evening computer "no-time" solved.  If there was not a baseball game on, I watched DVD's.  "Babe", "Charlotte's Web", "Hoosier's", "The Iron Lady".  But---what to do during the day and of course, since I was bored and going to bed at 11:00, I woke up early--making the boring day even longer.

So--I figured as long as the computer was unhooked, I would clean all around my desk.  OHMYGOSH!!!  I just moved everything around in here 19 months ago, but you would not believe the dust and the cat hair and the dust and then there was some really dusty places.  So--I washed the curtains, and the windows and I took everything off the book shelves and threw away and packed up and dusted and shined, then I---are you ready for this?  Scrubbed a couple of walls AND--are you ready--I opened up that storage closet and I pulled everything out and I went through all boxes and threw out and reorganized and put everything back, but in less boxes and quite neat and organized.  So--that was Sunday--now what to do the rest of the computerless days?

I can't remember what I did each day, but I tore apart the kitchen, polished the cupboard doors, washed, starched and ironed the kitchen curtains, mopped the kitchen and entryway floor, washed throw rugs, vacuumed every inch of carpeting.  Scrubbed another wall, and the front door, and the front door threshold, and the wall by the furnace and the inside of the broom closet, took my high reaching feather thingie and went over every ceiling in every room---I even cleaned and dusted my doll house and then--I went outside and tackled the storage shed. Rearranged a lot of stuff, put away some stuff, dead-headed annuals, cleaned, scrubbed bird feeders and had to get a new finch feeder because the whole bottom fell out and..........

I cross stitched, started a crochet project, read, visited Pearl, went to the grocery store and finally---today at 2:00 they called and said it was ready to come home!!!   Apparently I now have my fall house cleaning done?

The reason the start button stuck?  It was gummed up with grease, gunk and tar from cigarette smoke!!!  It has sat in basically the same place for 8 years (when I had it built) and, at one time, Fred and I both did all our smoking in this room.  So--they cleaned the inside and they cleaned the hard drive and found a bunch of junk, they checked the mother board and everything else.  $65.00.  Then I had them go in and uninstall a couple of "trial" programs I had on it and could not uninstall--AND they took off a PC cleaner I had on it.  They told me that down loading that kind of thing--a registry cleaner can really mess up the registry and load up a computer with viruses!!!!!  Who knew?  I had them load on the virus protection program they recommended and now--I don't have to do a maintenance "cleaning" that I do once a week.  Total price: 130.08 and I am more then happy to have my best buddy back home and running like a charm.

This is what I observed, as I wasn't stuck in here half the day:

Momma Cardinal in for lunch

Daddy saw her chased her away--see him looking down at her?

This little lady comes way more then I ever realized.

Gold Finch on new feeder.  Sparrow and Cardinal sharing the big feeder


AND-look what came in the mail today. To say I like it is an understatement.  I adore it!!!  I love it!!! and it holds my cross stitch AND my crochet project just perfectly.  The only problem I can see?  I need to put a "bumper"  under the heavy lid or I am going to smash a finger one of these days.  It is heavy!!

 I think it looks okay over there with the other old boxes?


It holds my cross stitch quilt


 Isn't it marvelous--the way it is beat up?


It is even wide enough to hold my large, magnetic pattern holder.

Okay kids--I am not dead--which is a good thing, but when I do die, Pammie has instructions on how to get in here and post a note telling you all that I took my long journey.  It is really nice to know that people worry about me--we never know--we could go to the ER one night and never come out, so.........

Later--Jude





7 comments:

  1. So long without a computer...I know that panicked feeling. Withdrawals is the only way to describe it but you found the perfect way to get through it. My computer once quit working because of dust that built up around the fan. I wish they made them indestructible. Glad you're back on line. You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is good news....I had a feeling it was computer issues....you are way to energetic and healthy to leave us yet for the "other" journey, Judy.....so happy the "fix" was not too pricey, and so jealous of all that work you got done. Isn't it amazing how much cat fur accumulates? I really need to do all that myself. Alas, work beckons.
    Love those bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aak! I would hate being without my computer for days at a time! Glad you got a lot of stuff done, though! Reading your post makes me want to go home and clean the bejeebers out of my house! And I was one of the people that were starting to worried about you. Thought I may have to take a trip to Brighton and snoop around a little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so dependent on our computers, I'm glad you got yours back! And you were so productive while it was in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your fine and your computer is back to good health. I've told H that he has to let everyone know if I suddenly kick the bucket. :)

    I've been envious of your weather all summer but ours is getting a little cooler now and the humidity has been low the last few days. We'll have some more hot and humid mess before it's all over but I can smell fall around the corner.

    Your box is swell. Just perfect for what you needed. I love when that happens.

    Your little birdies are something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how wonderful you are doing compared to a year ago. I am so happy for you. You are obviously feeling good, have ambition and pep to get lots of things done around your home. You are inspiring my dear! I am going to get up Monday morning and try to emulate you. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete