title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Soft and Slow Sunday

Today's high temperature was:  69 degrees
Today's humidity was: 28%
Sunny, breezy and gorgeous!
===============================================

This is some kind of weather we are having.  Every one is talking about it.  Day after day of absolutely perfect weather--and looking ahead to the coming week--it continues.  If this is any case of global warming/climate change--let's keep it going, LOL.

This is what I did today:


This guy got up and asked, "Show me your hands if any of you
have already said today, "This a such beautiful day!""
Almost everyone raised their hand.


 So---we sang this



It was the first Sunday of the month, so we did this.


and we did this when we left the church....


then I stopped here.....



and here and bought this.....



had to go through quite a bit of this to get home...

Then, I changed my clothes and ate a nice big salad, and sat down to....

do some of this while...


I watched this.....


and did some of this while....




I watched this....



then the kids and I did this--for two hours.....

==============================================================

I don't quite know how to word this, but it has left me very shaken.  I kept jerking half awake, while I was napping.  I half awoke one time and I was opening and closing my hands.  Then--I was still sleep and I felt Fred touching my upper lip with his tongue.  I turned my head to the left and reached my hand up to touch his face and woke up smiling---and it was me--touching my upper lip with the tip of my own tongue.  My hand was still up and out to the side, reaching for him and I was smiling so big.

I said right out loud, "Oh Geez!  What in the world!!"  Buddy jumped off the chair, it scared him.

Here it is, hours later, and I cannot shake that weird feeling.  It reminds me of the first night I was in hospital with my last hip surgery and the nurse came in to see who I was talking too and laughing with and I told her, "Fred.  He is sitting right over there in the chair," and pointed to the empty chair by my bed.  

It was so real!!  I could hear his voice.  I could almost smell him.

Spooks me out!  I do not believe in spirits or souls coming back and communicating with us on this side of the "veil".  

Fred is dead!  He has been dead for 19 months and 3 days!  There is no way this is "real".  In hospital, I thought my encounter was from the drugs they were giving me.  Today?  I have no idea!

I thought I was all recovered from all of this death and grief stuff.  I go days and don't even think about Fred.  I still cry, once in a while, if I hear a particular song, or think of a memory or see a picture, but not all that often--and only a few tears.

What is going on?  

Is there still some tiny remnant, buried deep in my sub-conscious that thinks he is coming back?  Or is there a feeling that I am going to meet him again--soon?  

It's creeping me out!!!
=================================================




P.S.  If you comment--go back up to the picture of my pastor, please, and tell me how old you think he is--okay?















7 comments:

  1. I'm guessing the pastor is 55-58 but I'm not that great at guessing ages.

    It doesn't creep me out when I dream about my died husband and I do it often. I think it's just our sub-conscious minds working on longings, fears and joys we don't necessarily let our conscious minds go to during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also going for the 55-60 bracket - but I'm not that good at guessing ages. There's a woman at work who has such lovely skin that she doesn't look a day over 45. She's actually in her early 50s. Grrr! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the 55 to 60 age bracket, and I was thinking that before I saw the other guesses. Really. :)

    I agree with Jean about your dream. Dreams can be very realistic sometimes. I like the ones where I wake laughing.

    That Walmart pic reminds me of the time I wanted to do a post about how many cereal selections we have now compared to how many we had when we were kids. I was snapping pics of the cereal aisle when I was approached by a man who told me to put my camera away, that they DID NOT allow that. Ha! By then I had my pics.
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he is younger then he looks...
    My weather is the same
    just wish I did not have poison ivy
    on my face. May have to get a shot like in the past.
    About dreams
    so much we do not understand
    I have dreams occur
    not to pleasant about years ago.
    Thought it all had been set to rest...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, he looks to be 55 or so to me, as well.
    I have had dreams like that and they stay with me for so long. At least that was a nice thing. I love the way Buddy cuddles with you. So sweet and he is so beautiful in his silver striped suit.
    Nice you are knitting and cross stitching, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone else, I'd guess your pastor to be 55-60. And I agree about your 'dreams'. Sometimes what comes out of our subconscious is surprising, but that would wig me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would guess 60.

    Low blood sugar can cause vivid dreams...try eating more protein. Dietary changes can cause vivid dreams...are you taking vitamin B6 supplement? Medications too....for depression or over the counter sleep pills. Just a few things to think about. I wouldn't call your dreams night mares...
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete