title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

BOOOOOORING!!!

Today's high temperature:  83 degrees
Today's humidity was:   56%
Too hot.  Too humid.
=========================================


I didn't mean that I find flip-flops despicable, in general.  Heck, I am barefoot when I am home and slip on a pair of old, stained moccasins when I run out to get the mail or walk down to Pearl's.  What I meant is I just don't think flip-flops are appropriate to wear to funerals, weddings, church, or to your place of business, if you are a working person.  Wouldn't a nice pair of sandals be better foot attire for these functions?  Plus--they are terrible for your feet, legs and back to wear if you are out walking/jogging/running--there is absolutely NO support!  

I have yet to see anyone running in a marathon, wearing flip-flops.

http://www.webmd.com/beauty/style/flip-flops-fun-but-not-great-for-feet

or--the ever popular Orthopedic flip-flop :-)
http://www.healthyfeetstore.com/womens-healthy-flip-flops.html
=============================================

Do not worry about me if I don't post everyday. 

 Things are positively boring around here.  

I am enclosed in my comfy air conditioned wee home.  

If I mingle with any humans, I will let you know.
=========================================
What are we going to do about the mess in Syria?

We went into Iraq using the reason that Saddam Hussian had gassed many of his own people and 5,000 Kurds--the Liberals hated President Bush for that.  My friend on Face Book still condemns him for that.

If we go into Syria using the reason that Assad has gassed many of his own people, will my friend on Face Book condemn this President?  

I simply wish we could just stay out of all these conflicts. Those people are still living in the 6th century--let them have at it and perhaps then we could concentrate on bringing some economy to our country--because we wouldn't have to shell our billions to those countries.
======================================
Anyway--if you don't see me on here very often--I will still be here.

7 comments:

  1. I think everyone needs a bit of a break from blogging from time to time... but maybe you could post a photo or two. Anyway, look after yourself. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny.....and I love your honesty the most.
    Sent you a separate note about the cat chow. It really has made a difference.
    We are leaving for VT. Raining hard here but we will drive out of it to a nice day.....
    I am with you on flip-flops. They really annoy me in the office...'nuf said. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all.... not many people have pretty feet...let's face it feet are strange looking things...plus flip flops are dangerous to wear. They are an orthopedic nightmare.
    Judy...you are never boring to us.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't find enough to post every day!
    As far as flip flops, I didn't take offense
    at all, Judy. And, agree they're not good for
    your feet. When I walk, I wear a good pair of
    supportive shoes.

    Love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, isn't it, that we can discuss flip flops to death but no one is venturing an opinion on the other topic you brought up...Syria. Me included. LOL

    I agree with Balisha above. Judy, you're never boring. You might be bored but that isn't the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No offense taken - ever! Love your view on the world, miss it when you don't post, but take care of you.
    Hugs to you and enjoy the air. It's so stinkin' hot today. Hard to complain though, when we have 70s in early AUgust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are never boring, a great storyteller, and I will be so sad not to see a post each day. How about just taking the weekends off?
    I work at a world famous oceanographic institution, and although I dress appropriatley each day, I do wear flip flops too.
    You should see how the scientist dress, lol
    I agree that we need to stay out of most of these conflicts, and figure things out in the USA!

    ReplyDelete