title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Resolutions

...I make them every year.  
Usually to be a better person, less critical, kinder.
...but then there comes a time when I realized that I WAS a better person.  I had reached perfection.  So there is no need for any more New Year resolutions!

NOT!!!  Just spoofing you.
===========================
I don't go out to church anymore (maybe that should be a resolution?).  I watch 3 different Pastor's on Sunday morning.  Every day, between the noon news and my Soap, I watch Joyce Meyer.  I'm not real keen on her, but her program is conveniently placed and I do learn.

I seem to be getting messages from all of these pastor's.  Why are they all teaching on the same thing at the same time, I wonder.  Hm-mm, maybe it's a God whisper sent just for me?

They all seem to teach and quote from scripture that if you are facing a challenging situation, the longer you complain about it, the longer you will stay in that situation.  The secret, is to TRUST that God will provide everything you NEED.

Well, I know that!  

I've witnessed that many times in the last few years.
My faith has become deeper, my belief stronger.
I've had months when there was no way I had enough money to pay the bills, let alone buy anything special to eat.  I do get sick of eating Ramen Noodles, but they are filling.

I complain about it every month.  Rant and rave on here.  The bills go up, the income does not.  I get scared.  My faith weakens.

...and yet, every month something comes through to help.  Finding a couple of twenty's laid on my bathroom counter after my sister's visit.  A surprise, "thinking of you" note from my cousin with a twenty inside.  My daughter Karen bringing by some food that she knows I particularly love.  A check from daughter Jennifer.  Support from my sweet girl, Chris.

Maybe if I quit complaining about my situation and see more clearly the blessings I receive, my situation will change?
===================
My resolution:  if any of you remember this Bing Crosby song...
"You gotta accentuate the positive,
Eliminate the negative.
Latch on to the affirmative,
And don't mess with Mister In-Between."
=================
When I get scared, push that thought away with a prayer.
Know FOR SURE, that God will provide.  He always has, He isn't about to stop now.
Work on deepening my faith with that knowledge.

I have a feeling, deep in my "gut" that 2020 is going to be a really good year, not just for me, but for all of us.

Looking forward and onward and upward!
  

8 comments:

  1. I really hope your "gut" is right. We could all use a really good year about now.

    Happy New Year, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is good to have a strong faith. i have lost so much respect for organized religion these days. there is so much corruption and sexual abuse in the church, it is difficult to have faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a saying in our family--God has brought us this far, He isn't going to abandon us now.

    It's all about remaining faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do resolutions. Not good at keeping them!
    Hope 2020 is a very good year for us all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little bit of effort goes a long way, I think. And it's good to"vent" to friends and "ask advice" from those who have some to give. Venting is like therapy ... talk it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is good to vent, but also to practice gratitude every day. There is always something to be grateful for and acknowledging it every day helps. I’m going to try and take my own advice!

    Happy New Year Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your last friend there, Ruth - when I wake up each morning, (and sometimes I'm surprised) I thank God. He's always there for us.

    It's going to be a GREAT year, Judy. It is.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy you and anyone that has that deep of a faith! Happy New Year, Judy! I hope this year brings you continued health and help when you need it!

    ReplyDelete