title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Well, Merry Christmas and isn't it a fine day!
or Bah Humbug--whichever.

Here I sit alone all day, as I was yesterday.  Christmas Eve--the DAY we used to celebrate our FAMILY Christmas.

Nary a phone call.
Not one single invite.
My sister had Christmas with her son on Eve.  Last year she promised me, no matter what, we would be together every Eve.
Hm-mm.

My grand daughter Susanna, got in from Portland last night, so I know daughter Karen and all her kids and grandkids are together today.  I could have gone over, for a visit, if I had been invited.

Ah-hh.  But why does it matter.  Jesus was born in September.  It was only some early Pope that decided to out-wit the Pagans celebration of the Winter Solstice.  He'd make a decree that Jesus' birth would be celebrated at the same time of year.

As my Mother once said, "Just so we celebrate it."

I suppose winter time is as good a time as any.  People aren't too busy in the midst of December.  

Pine trees don't lose their branches in winter, so we can drag one inside our homes and decorate it, like the Pagans did, but....be sure to put a Nativity scene under it to make it legal.
===================
I'll tell you why it matters.  TRADITION!!!!!!  You are SUPPOSED to be with family on holiday's!

So today is just an ordinary Wednesday.  Heck--even my dang Christmas cactus didn't bloom!  My Soap is even going to be on TV today.

Just an ordinary Wednesday.


9 comments:

  1. I'm having an ordinary Wednesday, too, Judy, only I'm doing retail therapy, shopping online for a new coffee pot and a book to read.

    Your Christmas celebration is only a fee days off. Glad to know the soaps are on! It might not be the Christmas day we want but it can still be a good one. Happy ordinary Wednesday to you and the 'kitten."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Judy. If you lived closer you could come to my house. My parents are both gone now. Would love to have you. I don't understand why family can't all be together no matter what. Yay for soap operas! Do you watch Days? I love to watch on Christmas too. I have always loved their tree decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our kids will be here later in the week. We will also have a friend for lunch so our daughter and friend can exchange stories. I'm just happy whenever anyone comes. Today is quiet, and I'm enjoying that because I know chaos will reign very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ours was quiet, and that was kind of ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh No, that hurts! Where are their manners? I know they love you and include you in other occasions. Not perfectly.

    Christmas can be heartbreaking. My Christmas with family almost got cancelled. I texted my siblings in Massachusetts that I couldn't drive up until Christmas day, due to a schedule change beyond my control. Didn't hear back from one of them. Hello?!?!? Then, one of the spouses wrote back "k". (OK) My siblings love me in their own, inexpressive way.

    Any word from them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping your spirits have been lifted after the family gathering on the 28th. Actually I'm still a bit tired from our day; all the kids, grand kids and great grand kids were here at the same time. Someday maybe one of the girls will host the day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame on all of them, especially your sister who promised you last year! Oh well, I think you are enjoying your Christmas with family today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry, Judy. Really sorry. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete