title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Very worried about Ernestine: 'My Journey to Mindfulness'.  I sent her an e-mail and have heard nothing.
Also Bella Rum: 'What's She Thinking'--nothing since July 15th.



It's not like either one said they weren't going to post for awhile.

Both had stated they weren't feeling well.  
They aren't on Face Book so I can't track them through there.



These two ladies were important to me, in my blog reading, for a long time.  I worry and miss them like I would any of you who just stopped posting.  I guess we all need a surrogate of some kind that would post on our blog if anything happened to us.

========================
Boy--I've been sicker than a dog.  I came down with it 3 days after being at Karen's for Thanksgiving breakfast.  Must have picked it up from someone.

Started out with a sore throat, ears hurt, then running nose and cough.  The cough got so bad I decided, after 3 weeks, to visit the Doc.  He walked into the exam room and said, "You must really be sick to come in.  I usually see you twice a year."

So he put me on a super-duper antibiotic--the size of a horse pill, take one a day for 3 days and they stay in the body for 10 days.

I took one with supper last night and 2 hours later, got severe stomach cramps and diarrhea.  I guess there is more than one way to flush the bad buggies outta my body?
===============
I used to have a web site with children's stories and poems I had written.  I decided to put all those stories into book form and give it to 3-year old Great Grand daughter Della.

I have been editing and printing out for days now.  I need to get it done and to the print shop to get it bound by this Friday.
===============
We are having our family Christmas on December 28th, up at The Farm.  My sister posted a photo of their home.

That very large 162 year old home has never looked so good.
Each window has a wreath in the top sash and a candle on the sill.
Garlands around each porch post and doorway.

She has 5 Christmas trees that she puts up and decorates.  One all done in crystal and gold.  Another one in pink and white. 

Her house looks amazing!!!

I'm ready!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. That house is gorgeous. Looks just like a Christmas card. Wishing you a lovely time with your family.

    As for clearing out the bugs...I take a probiotic every day, and when I've gotten ahold of something that wants to be make me sick, that probiotic kicks in and runs it right through my body, likity-split. Perhaps that's what your antibiotic is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was in the hospital a few weeks ago and just from visiting him I ended up with a sore throat. It lasted a few days. I used Alka Seltzer Plus for colds and it took care of it. *Knock on wood* I rarely get sick so when I do it is a big deal for me.
    I wonder about Bella Rum myself -- I followed her for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That house really does look amazing! Isn't that great to still have it in the family to visit from time to time.

    I miss Bella Rum too and have tried to track her down.

    That's a wonderful gift, the book you're making for your great-grand child. That will be treasured for decades to come.

    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better. I am worried about Ernestine, too. Her last post was Nov 11, then I noted that she commented on one of your posts near the beginning of Dec. Nothing since then.
    How lovely about the book for your great grandchild....you are so talented.
    S
    The farmhouse is so beautiful and especially so for Christmas. Enjoy your time there.
    I am going to be in FL for about 3 months. Leaving Dec 27. Will be with my daughter, Anne. She is flying up and will drive down with me so I can have my car there. I am skeptical about being away from Lou, Teddy and
    my Boz for so long. Lou will fly down and drive back with me after staying for a week or so. My kids could really tell I needed a break. I am not in the best of shape after all the grief this year. I will check in on line. Love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it is morbid, but do you know their full names? You could always use Google to look for in a Obituary

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you are sick. And for you to go to the Dr!!!

    The house does look like a picture perfect Christmas card. So glad you get to visit so often. That's a lot of house to keep up with!

    I can't find Bella Rum either ......

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a gorgeous house; I know it makes you feel good that it's being taken care of so nicely.

    Hope by now you're feeling better. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete