title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, December 5, 2019

I get so frustrated and of course, it does no good.

My car is sitting in my driveway right now...dead battery.  I was just bragging the other day that I've had the car 11 years and I have never had to replace the battery.

Jinxed myself, didn't I?

The guy that helped me with the seat belt, said he had a couple of batteries and he would charge them up and bring them out.  That was yesterday at 2:00.  It is now today at 3:57 and I ain't seen head or tail of him.  I so dislike people that over promise and under deliver.  I would have felt better if he had just said, "I can't get to you until Friday," and then shown up on Friday.  I feel like I can't get away from my phone.  Afraid of even running across the street to get the mail in case he calls and I miss the phone call.

I had saved up enough $$$ the last 5 weeks to be able to get a hair cut.  Right now my hair resembles Bozo's hair style,  it is so long and unruly.  I had the appointment yesterday, but when I jumped into my car and turned the key, all I got was click-click.  ARRGH!!

Luckily I had gone grocery shopping on Monday, so cats had food.
=============
I've been working on the spaghetti sauce for the "boys" Christmas gift.  I can't seem to cook anymore.  I have a devil of a time getting the sauce thick enough and I follow my 40 year old recipe to a "T".  Maybe there are things I did in years past that aren't in the recipe, but of course now, can't remember what the little tricks might be?

I did get my Christmas cards printed out.  I have the Hallmark Card software, so I can make my own cards and personalize them for the kids and grands.  My "Special Girl" in Idaho, always sends me Christmas stamps so I don't have a great expense in outlay.
==============
I am not decorating for Christmas.  I can remember in years past, when my Grandma and older relatives stopped putting up a tree, I firmly avowed, "I don't care how old I get.  I will always put up a decorated tree!"

Yeah--well.  Little did I know that now that I am old and with a painful back, the very thought of putting up and decorating the tree, which takes 4 hours, let alone getting all the other nativities, Santas, village, angels out, which takes about 5 days, would become more than I would want to do.

My sister tells me, "Do it for yourself.  It will make you feel better."  Yeah, well not having to put it up and then take it all down will make me feel better physically.

I hung the cross stitched picture I made of a Christmas angel on the wall and called it good.


I am rapidly turning into an old, cranky, Scrooge!!!

6 comments:

  1. You've done better than I have. I decided not to do Christmas cards or letters this year for the first time ever. Your angel is beautiful. I put a battery powered candle in the window but that's all the Christmas I'm doing. We've got to do what we've gotta do, Judy. We have our memories to bring us holiday joy.

    Hope the battery guy showed up today. Eleven years is a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you there, Judy! Can't even think about putting up decorations. With an 18 month great granddaughter, who is very active, it will just be better to let her parents do Christmas decorating. I see some blogs where the whole house is full of this and that; where do they keep all the things the rest of the year? I was raised without much decorating and the "beat" goes on I suppose. Now and then I might get just a hint of excitement about Christmas; really makes me quite sad to be like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done little to no Christmas decorating for about 10 years now. The problem being, things would have to be put away to put out the Christmas things, and then it would have to be reversed when the holiday is over, and well, I'm just not that energetic. I don't want to spend what precious time I have move around bric a brac. I did put a wreath on the door today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all hit that age, don't we! We've become our grandparents and parents. Honestly, if it weren't for women ... nothing would be decorated or celebrated! Luckily I have excited little guys and strong parents to do all the work! Kate is making a wreath with willow branches then sticking holly and cedar and pine and whatever. She should live on 50 acres!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get it. I may drag out the little ceramic tree, but then, maybe I won't. I think last year may have been my last Christmas card year, too. I just feel overwhelmed by the thought it. The large family and the money spent on it all. It just doesn't feel much like Christmas in the old "looking forward to this" way. I will always keep the Reason for the Season in my heart, though.

    ReplyDelete