title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, January 6, 2020

I've made it through 6 days of 2020 and so far, it's been great.

However, I seem to be a bit discombobulated.  I'm not real sure what day it is--name or number.  It seems like from Christmas until this past weekend was one long weekend or something.  Plus, our weather has been sunny and mild, with no snow, and that just isn't normal.  I feel like there is only a few days until Spring begins.  

I don't know what it is, but something is throwing me off.  Maybe I am just getting more senile and having a hard time concentrating.  There sure is enough household chores to keep me busy for a week, but I seem to forget about them---until I'm laying in bed, then I start making lists.

I need a haircut--I do know that.  It's only been about 3 weeks since my last one, but the woman at Fantastic's Sam's---whom I have gone to before--just can't seem to understand the way I want my hair cut.  She always leaves some areas too long and they grow out so quickly, compared to the other areas, that I am looking like Bozo the Clown.

Oh believe me, if I could afford $35-40 every 6 weeks, I would be going to a decent salon with "real" professional hair stylists.  I think those stylists that work at Sam's, or Walmart, or places like that failed their tests to get into a good salon.  

Today, I had to run all over this area.  Down to Brighton to the inkjet refill place, then stopped to get gas.  Then a stop at the Print Shop and then on up to Howell.  I live half-way between Brighton and Howell and it is only an 8 mile trip from the inkjet place and where I had to go in Howell, but it felt like I was on the road all afternoon.

I have received an e-mail from one of my blog buddies that she is interested in having her genealogy done.  You know how much I love the journey of climbing someone's family tree.  So I am chomping at the bit.  I just finished one that went 24 generations up the tree.  The lady thought her family was Scot, but all of her ancestor's came from Ireland.  That might be the reason she is a true redhead?  I'm sure she is going to be surprised.

Right now, I am working on crochet gifts for next Christmas.  Trying to find a pattern I like for a dishcloth for each woman and of course, a nylon scrubbie to go along with it.  I spent too much on the ladies in my family this year, soooo------rather than stop giving gifts, that has been suggested by a daughter, I will just cut back and do what I did two years ago.  The girls LOVE those scrubbies!

I don't know what I will do for the boys.  The spaghetti sauce I make can get expensive and because it takes 3 days to make the sauce and I have to make 3 different batches, it gets hard on my back to stand for a long time preparing the ingredients.

Oh, and by the way, just to be a bit political, I'm glad we took out the Iranian big dog and his second in command.    Truman didn't ask Congress before he dropped the A-bomb and Trump didn't need to ask Congress before he sent in an un-manned drone.

Just my opinion.


4 comments:

  1. Our country was already in a declared war situation when Truman okayed the A-Bomb. That's hardly an apples-for-apples comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and Obama had 2800 strikes without Congressional approval. Just saying. It's about time the US stands up for what is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great start to the year! Hope you made it to Gleaners today also!

    I still cherish my genealogies you did for me. Although I have not yet put in photos. I need to just force myself to spend a boring hour every day, scanning in photos.

    Cheyenne ~ I had to look up that Obama did indeed order 2,800 bomb strikes withOUT Congressional approval. Where was the outrage????

    Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, where is my comment? I did, didn't I? Losing it, Judy! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete