title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Nearing the end of July already?




I do believe my neighbors across the street, live in the only home in this park with no Central Air.  Even the old timey mobile home owners have had it installed in their homes.  It's not that these neighbors can't afford it.  They have lots of money and both their cars have A/C.   I wonder why not their house and how they get along in the hot and oppressive weather.  

Well. O.J. Simpson got his parole.  He has served his time for the "robbery" he was convicted of.  In my opinion, 9 years ago he was set up.  The people that had his personal items; family albums and photos, other personal items and were threatening to sell them, set him up.  They knew exactly how he would react.  The guy that told O.J. to come to his room to make a deal to get his stuff back, also set him up.  The guy who confessed that he, not O.J.,  was the only one in the room with a gun, set him up, and the jury who convicted him of the robbery set him up, because of murders they thought he had committed in 1995.

This trial was a "comeuppance" for O.J.  People said at least he would have to serve time.

I guess these last 9 years, while he was imprisoned, he was a model prisoner.  Commended by his jailers.  Took classes and counseled other prisoners.  Organized a softball league of 18 teams, that he was rules and conduct chairperson.  He also spent quite a bit of time with the Chaplain and has said that God has forgiven him for his actions, and he has grown deeply in his faith.  Yeah--he's still an arrogant cuss, but at 70, I think he's going to calm down a lot as he ages.   

Besides that, "they" will be watching him constantly.  He's just going to get older and fatter as he lives out his days in Florida with his kids and friends. 

To me, he is a sad case because when he came out of poverty to play at USC, he was phenomenal.  After college he was still a great football player.  Then he got all caught up in the Hollywood big time lifestyle and that was his downfall.  He got the arrogant, know-it-all, my way or the highway temper that a lot of those people "out there" fall into.  Everyone tells them how wonderful they are and they can do no wrong, and...they believe it.

Oh well--we'll see how he does now.
==================
I went up to check out Merle and Pearl's ramp.  Holy Cow!!!  It looks like a mini-deck.  Merle has even put his chair on the level part before the last part of the ramp starts.  It is NOT too steep and I think it will work great, if Pearl ever gets brave enough to use it.
================
It's getting hot again, so I'm about to close this place up and turn on the A/C.  Have a good one.  

17 comments:

  1. I have not been using my A/C this year and it's just as hot over here on this side of the state as yours. I got used to it when I was waiting for the repair guy to check it out. I've got a ceiling fan in the living room and windows up on all four sides. It's pretty pleasant in here. I got my June electric bill and, holy cow, it was so low I couldn't believe it.

    I can't believe you didn't even mention that O.J. in all probability killed two people! I have zero sympathy for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He very well may have killed his wife and Ron. Nobody will ever know for sure and the jury set him free. Any money he makes now goes to the Goldman's. I don't have sympathy for him, he's an old guy now and has no appeal, but I do think this last trial was rigged to get him for what he probably got away with in 1995.

      Delete
    2. The G*ldman's won't get any part of his $25,000/month pension, Judy. Nope.

      Delete
    3. No, they can't touch his NFL pension, but if he writes a book, like his arrogant self probably wants to do, they would get the royalties from that.

      Delete
    4. I wonder if he got the pension when he was in prison!

      Delete
    5. My understanding is Simpson will collect his pension all his life, in prison and out, and, no, the Goldman's can't have it. I believe the court ruled the pension was off limits to the award given them in the civil suit.

      Guesstimate that he is worth about $600,000 dollars. Doesn't seem right does it?

      Delete
  2. At least we agree on one thing, he's still arrogant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta say this but I probably shouldn't. It really bothers me that someone like you who had been the victim of spousal abuse seems to be making excuses for O.J. who we do know for a fact (from police reports) was abusive to his wife and most people are 99% sure he also murdered two people in a fit of rage. You say in the comments that you have no sympathy for him but in your post it's ALL sympathy and blaming everyone else but O.J. for the way his life turned out i.e. Hollywood was NOT his downfall---his lack of self control was his downfall. His lack of character was downfall. Just like your x-husband's were 100% to blame for their bad behavior. What does it take for women who have been abused to quit making excuses for abusers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Jean. I guess I tend to try and find some good in all people. I have quite forgotten about the abuse I had--those ex's don't slap their present wives, so it is possible for people to change. A lot of it was my own fault for putting up with it and not leaving sooner? But it was a trait carried out by my father first and by the time I married, I thought it was normal in a marriage. I talked back, I got slapped. I do have sympathy for people that have wonderful lives and then they ruin it all. I always wonder why they stepped over the line. Bill Clinton for example. He had it all, but his arrogant behavior ruined his life. Now when people mention his name, the first thought is the intern fiasco. Still, he can be forgiven.
      I don't get outraged, or enraged or raged about anything anymore. It's too exhausting and ruins my sleep. I forgave my Daddy and my two ex's long ago and I asked God to forgive them. I don't even think about the abuse anymore; when/if their names are mentioned, I see scenes in my head of the happy times we had. So I have forgiven and forgotten.

      Perhaps it is because of the deep faith I now have that I can find sympathy for everyone. There has to be a smidge of goodness in everyone, somewhere at sometime, until they got caught up in the evilness of this world. Both Clinton and O.J. have said they asked God to forgive them. Scripture tells us that when we ask, God will forgive and He will forget. So...who am I to judge them now?

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry if I churned up any bad memories for you and thanks for explaining in such depth how you are able to look at people like O.J. so differently than I do.

      Delete
    3. You didn't churn up--all of that was so long ago and like in another life. I don't get "churned" anymore since I have found what works for my peace.

      Delete
  4. No A/C house!!! I'd wonder that too. Do they actually get enough cross-ventilation? Are the windows placed,so they do cross-ventilate? Ever ask them, in a sweet and round-about way, of course? ,-)

    Your second topic, is so evocative of so many so-called-wonderful-sports-figures. They have one talent. Other than that one, they are brainless. And become just arrogant weirdos. My husband no longer follows sports, because he can not 'stomach' the actions of so many of the players.

    I wrote more on this, and deleted it...... >,-))))

    Hooray for Merle and Pearl's ramp! Will she use it?????

    So far, delightful here, in the morning. Our Big Time Season begins today! Stay off the streets, except early morning! They are overflowing with tourists! Who don't know where they are going, for one thing. And those, who may not know where they are going, but they are in a terrible hurry, to get there!
    :-))))

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that arrogant attitude even in college athletes.
      Just think of all that "green" those tourists are pouring into your community. LOL

      Delete
  5. I should never sit on a jury. I would not be objective. There is no way I could have voted not guilty on that last trial. I did watch his parole hearing the other day, and I was surprised at how well he looked. I saw him sometime in the past year or so and he was fat and bloated and looked awful. He's looking ready for prime time now, but he had extreme trouble getting up and down. Bad hips, I suppose. I've seen estimates of his wealth from $250,000 to 3 million. He'll probably get hip replacements and be back on the golf course before you know it... or not. Maybe he'll never be mobile enough to play again. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and who cares? HAH!
      He gets $300,000.00 a year for his NFL and movie pensions/royalties.

      Delete
  6. ooooh how did i miss the o.j. post...no comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When we lived in a 112-year-old house in central Ohio, we did not have central air conditioning. I only recall one summer, for about a week (or less) when we missed it. And I'm the one who loves it cold, cold, cold in the house! It was just rather charming to live without it. I can't explain. As for OJ? He slaughtered two people and he deserves the death penalty. xoxo

    ReplyDelete