title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

DNA

My sister had her DNA tested and a few months later, I did too.  I found it strange that as siblings, our percentages of shared DNA were different.  I have 2.0% Native American, my sister has 0.2%.  She has way more Irish than I do.

Now my daughter Pam had hers tested and called me last night.

We all have the highest percentage from Great Britain.

I have French and German, Pammie has Italian and Greek. Greek?  Italian?

She has less than 1% Native American.

What is really amazing to find out, 30 years ago, Pammie was diagnosed with a very rare Hemophilia C blood disorder--1 in a million Caucasian people have it.  In her DNA results there she is listed with 2% European Jewish.  1 in 8 Jewish people have the disorder.  SO--now we know, AND she didn't get it from me--so there.

She is also 1.8% African--the Congo--she didn't get that from me either, but she is thrilled. "That must be where I got my extra curly hair from."

So now, she and I want her brother and sisters to take the DNA test and also their Dad!!!  I can't even begin to tell you how much I will laugh when he finds out he has African AND Jewish DNA!!!!!!  The man will probably have a heart attack.  HAH!

I'm not sure my son would get tested either, for the above reasons.  Karen refuses and thinks we are all nuts for "letting the government know all that stuff about you."  I had no clue Karen was so paranoid and what makes matters even more laughable, her husband WORKS for the government and has a high security clearance.  Don't you think the government already knows his blood type and DNA, and everything about his lifestyle?...and hers?  

I told Karen that these labs are confidential and secure and the only way the government could get the results, they would have to file an affidavit and why would they want to know anything about HER DNA?  And as my Pammie says, "The government can learn anything they want about me, I don't care. I ain't done nuttin' wrong."

Perhaps Karen thinks the Radical Extremist's are going to raid the labs and then go hunting for Christian's DNA.  Oh--that's right.  Your religious beliefs don't show up in your DNA.  HAH
==========================

Speaking of Karen, here is a photo of her 2nd child, Susanna, running a 50K around Mt. Hood.  The photo is so perfect it looks photo-shopped.  The photographer sets up at that point and takes every racer's photo.  That's my little Portland, Oregon girl, who works for New Balance shoes.  A good place for her to live--she is very Liberal.  




Speaking of politics--my family is as mixed there as is their DNA.  ALL and I do mean all of my ancestor's were Republicans.  One great great grand father, was in the last days of dying and yet had himself hauled to the polling place, on a mattress on a flat bed wagon, so he could vote.

My sister is Conservative, her son is Ultra and works in our State Capitol for the Senate and is the County Commissioner.  My ex was a George Wallace fan.  The other ex, was a David Duke fan.  UGH!  My son is--I don't know what.  I think the last time he voted was for Ross Perot.  Daughter Pam was a Republican, but is now a Democrat.  Karen is a Conservative Republican.  Jennifer was a Liberal Democrat and now she is a Republican.  

I fit in no where because I am a Moderate.  I am against the death penalty.  I am also against abortion--unless in cases of rape/incest/or a severely brain damaged fetus, and I am all for birth control.  I am against guns, like AK47's and those kinds, but for gun ownership for hunters.  I don't like illegal immigrants, but am all for immigrants who want to do it the legal way.  I don't want war, but I just wish we could drop a big bomb on North Korea and go on about our business.

All this just proves that our DNA does not show a certain genetic predisposition as to our political choices.  HAH!!

8 comments:

  1. I don't think it's strange at all that siblings have different percentages in their DNA origins...just like we get our eyes, skin, hair and other factors from different lines. I got my mom's English whiteness but my Italian's dads' course, curly hair, but my brother got my dad's Italian skin and stick straight hair. At my age I don't really care if the government gets a hold of my DNA report although I think those places that do them would fight tooth and nail to protect our privacy and their businesses.

    Your granddaughter has the ideal job and location for her. Well done, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does! She travels all over, promoting the New Balance shoes and running Marathons or shorter races.

      Delete
    2. Ahhhh-hahhhhhhh.... Jean R. explained!

      Look at how one child will get one parent's side's, hair. And another child, get a very different trait.

      Thank you Jean R.!!!!

      Luna Crone

      Delete
  2. genetically and politically mismatched!!!!

    that is a beautiful picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. religious beliefs are different too.
      Isn't it great!!!

      Delete
  3. OK!!!!! How can siblings have different readings????

    Now I'm sure there is a scientific reason. But what? Do they each, get different bits of DNA, than the others? How?

    I don't have a living sibling, to test with. But if I had, and they came out different, I'd be "busting at the seams," for an explanation!!!

    Now I really can't wait for mine, to come through. I have been told, that it is done. But still w-a-i-t-i-n-g. :-)))

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sibling's DNA is different depending on what genes they get from their parents. I get more of my Mother's DNA and my sister gets more from our Dad.

      Delete
  4. New Balance shoes are great. What a fantastic job for her. Isn't it great when people find what they want to do in life?

    ReplyDelete