title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, July 21, 2017

Mini Adventures

Thanks to my blog buddies.  I consumed 3-14 oz bottles of water yesterday and nary a dizzy spell.  You are all geniuses!!  But then--too much water can flush out sodium and I don't want to be low in sodium because........that condition causes dizziness.  HAH.  I think 3 a day is my new prescription.

Already had one consumed by noon today.  See--I am catching on and thanks for your advice.
====================
I had to put some gas in the car today.  It is an Ozone Action day here, but that yellow, "fill-me-up" light on the car's dashboard has been on for the last 3 days.  The conditions were cloudy, so I hoped I wasn't releasing very many fumes to add to the hole in the ozone layer.  I had a laugh when I went inside to pay, I was talking to the young kid who was manning the cash register today, have seen him whenever I go in, he's very nice.  We were chatting about the ozone layer, pollution and global warming and he replied, "Those people are weird.  Global warming is a naturally occurring geological event, every few centuries.!"

I laughed to myself at his classification of weird, as I looked again at those huge circle things he has in his ear lobes, a silver half ring in his nose and a small lightning bolt tattooed just above his right eyebrow.  
======================
So as not to feel too guilty about a trip into Brighton and adding car exhaust to the atmosphere, I also stopped at Michael's.  I needed 1 skein of embroidery floss.  One! I walked the 100 steps back to the cross stitch section, then noticed baby yarn on sale so grabbed two of those One Pound Balls of baby yarn.  Pearl's grand daughter is having a baby girl in October.  I feel the need to crochet an afghan for her.
====================
As I came out of the Michael's parking, there was the old "vet" sitting in his wheel chair.  I had stopped last month and given him a twenty.  He has a new sign today, "74 year old Vet.  Homeless and Hungry."  I noticed he was smoking a ciggie--looked like he had rolled it himself.  Today he had a knitted stocking cap on his head, a mustard colored T-shirt and khaki cargo shorts.  I didn't have a twenty, only a ten to give him today, but I got that same missing toot smile as before and a "God Bless you Miss."

As I drove away, I thought to myself, "Probably scammed again.  If he can afford tobacco, he probably can afford food."  My second thought, "Oh who cares.  I'm not here to rehabilitate him, I'm just here to give him money for a beer, or tobacco and make him smile."
===============================
Hey--it's only 3:20 pm and I'm on my second bottle of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. i think you need the water and will certainly feel better. do you think you got dizzy from drinking the water?? i couldn't follow your sarcasm!!

    i have been lucky enough to find families in my town that definitely need help and i help them. i also have a nice that's in a bad way and i help her. it feels good because i know for sure i am not getting scammed. i would not give money to anyone who has money to waste on cigarettes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it you don't have good tasting tap water? Mine isn't bad but I still have a filter pitcher to make it better. I find water easy to drink when it's really cold. I drink a LARGE glass with each meal plus one more...around bed time. LOL Yes, I have to get up during the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY!!!!!

    We didn't have to sign-you-up for "Dehydrated Folks Anonymous"! (*Evil Grin*)

    Filtered water would be nice, but..... Just put a jug of water in the refrigerator. (An old glass bottle of course. Don't want water stored in plastic.) We do that here, and it tastes better, ice cold.

    Mmmmm, now...... About the Diet Pepsi...? Bet you don't have to drink as much, with your new water ways. Think of how much money you'll save!!!! On un-purchased Diet Pepsi!!!

    And I do agree with JEAN R. again. Spread your water consumption out, over the day.

    Annnnd... ALL older people have to get up to "tinkle" during the night!!!!!

    The gas station cashier... Another example of "Don't judge a book, by its cover" huuuuuuuu? "Global warming is a naturally occurring geological event, every few centuries.!"

    So is global cooling. Remember England's Little Ice Age? When Dickens wrote of those snow-covered Christmas' which we love. Ask any Englishman, how long it has been, since they expected snow at Christmas? Not in a long, long time. Not since England's Little Ice Age!

    I learned that, a long time ago, on the Weather Ch. :-)))) And I never forgot it.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Judy, on drinking the water! I don't have to buy it since it's really good here, but I do like it cold.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our water here is full of lime, rust, calcium and other stuff that tastes terrible--that's why I got away from drinking water when I moved here. We had a rock well on the farm and the water was delish. BTW--I don't ever have to get up during the night. Na Na Na ah Na Na. HAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been blessed with a MAGNIFICENT bladder!!!!!!!

      >,-))))))

      Count your blessings!

      Luna Crone

      Delete
    2. I don't have to get up either, and that's a blessing. :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Good on you for drinking the water. I have a huge, insulated, (it doesn't sweat) plastic water jug/mug from the hospital. I fill it and drink it and fill it again... I usually drink two to three mugs full every day. H coveted it, so I bought him one on eBay. He used it until the seal separated. Then I got him another new one from the hospital when I got the ablation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old axiom: If you think someone is weird, chances are they think you're weird too. Haaaahahaha xoxo

    ReplyDelete