title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Sit back and enjoy---

I got the last Impatiens in the ground this afternoon.  I don't know what possessed me, but for some unknown reason, on my garden/plant buy list I had "1 flat of hot pink Impatiens", come to find out, I only needed less than half that.  Then I remembered, I usually plant my railing plants with Impatiens, but this year, I just planted Sweet Pea seeds in them.  

Well, today, I took the rest of them and planted them with the Hostas in the garden under the Lilac bushes.  That garden looks rough with dead and dying Tulip and Daffodil stems, but once they get died back, the Impatiens will spread.  They always look so pretty next to the green Hostas.  I have 6 different Hosta varieties out there.

My Iris didn't all bloom and I think they are getting to crowded.  I would like to take them all up this fall and make a new landscape stone, raised flower bed, where my stump used to be and is now gone, and just plant it with the Iris and Impatiens to fill in after I cut back the Iris.  There is only one problem .  How the heck am I going to load and unload all that landscape stone?  HAH!  I will have to ponder on that.

I am mailing the genealogy out tomorrow.  I got back 21 generations on this one-1100.  Scotland.  One of the ancestors fought with Robert the Bruce.  When Robert died, by his request, his heart was placed in a small casket and carried to the Crusades.  This great grand father held the key to that casket.  Thus the surname:  Lockhart=locked heart.  Cool, eh?

I have started on another genealogy that a lady wants for her son.  Just getting started on this one, but already finding out interesting facts about the ancestor's.

I so LOVE doing genealogy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
===============================
I can't wait until Thursday.  I get my SS on the 3rd of each month, but since the 3rd of June falls on a Saturday, I am hoping that it gets into my checking account on the 1st.  I opened my refrigerator door this noon and burst out laughing.  There is nothing to eat.  I mean---nothing.  Thankfully, I had a Subway gift card with $5.00 still on it so I picked up a Spicy Italian foot-long sub= two meals.  It was $6something, but I had enough coins to pay for it.

I have $3.00 in my wallet and $13.00 in my checking account.  This next month is going to be a killer too, because now I have to pay $20.00 to get my lawn mowed--every other week, and I have to renew my car license and it went up $11.00 this year.  $81.00 for a license tab to go on a 19 year old car!!!

I'm going to make an appointment with my car/house insurance guy to see if I can get my monthly bill lowered.  I can lower the insurance amount on my house and the contents and I think there is one thing on my car insurance I can take off entirely.  I wish they would change our car insurance back and get off "no fault".  I think the person who was at fault for the accident should pay.  Let their car insurance go up, not mine!

Gotta get a hair cut--well over 6 weeks and looks it.  Got to pay for the part of my PT that Medicare and Insurance didn't pay for, $147.00--I didn't expect that and they will get it in 2 monthly payments.  I do need to get a new bra too.  I had two, but one tore out under the arm and the underwire keeps poking me.  I tried to sew up the hole, but it keeps making a new hole, so---I put it in my bureau for an emergency.  That means I only have one bra.  That means I would have nothing to wear while it is being washed.  That would be a disaster.  

I cannot go without a bra, not with these Double D's.  Neighbor's would have a heart attack, young children would scream and animals might drop dead!!  

Such problems!!

8 comments:

  1. I have pink Impatiens, too. So pretty. I have a friend who is a bit of a neat freak. She gathers up the green foliage of her daffodils after they bloom and folds them over and puts a rubber band around them until they die so they look neat. LOL

    I agree. Genealogy is so much fun. I'm getting back into it. It goes on forever. My mother's side of the family gets confusing, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I could get down on the ground, I used to braid my daffodil foliage and bend it over too. That's not being neat--that's being obsessive. LOL Yesterday, I just pressed them down on the ground.

      Delete
  2. Your priorities are much like mine: buy flowers before food.

    I would not like no fault insurance because if you have accident with someone driving without insurance you'd be totally out of luck. A lot of people let their insurance lapse for months on end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That used to happen with my underwires. Just make a small slit pull the wires out. You won't have that wire support but at you can get a little more wear out of them and your girls won't be floppin' in the wind;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's kind of difficult here to have impatiens because we don't have that many shady places. We do have a lot of trees but not have much shade. If that makes sense.I do like them though. Judy, please don't try to lift heavy stones! Is John still around. I haven't heard you mention him in a while unless I missed a post.

    I hope your SS comes in tomorrow. Mine is always the third Weds.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too hot down there for them Sally, even with the shade. I probably will just make an Iris bed there--not raised, no landscape blocks. I don't know--it may need more sun there.

      Delete
  5. We used to love impatients.

    then they got attacked by some sort of blight.

    we haven't gone back to them.

    did your area, ever have plants (before being sold), get some sort of blight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nursery hasn't sold them in 4 tears, because of the blight. Lowes and other stores started back selling them last year.

      Delete