title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Thoughts..........

When I first met Dar, six years ago, she reminded me of someone I had known.  I couldn't quite place it, but in her looks and her temperament, she reminded me of that long ago someone.

As Chris and I were talking Sunday, it suddenly came to me.  Chris' mother Donna and Dar not only look alike enough to be sisters, they were both emotionally nutzy cuckoo and prone to hysterics!!

Chris' folks lived just down the road from us.  Her mother and I used to ride to church choir practice together.  She too, like Dar, always talked about what a wonderful Christian she was and how Jesus guided her every move.

Chris rode the same school bus as my kids--a year older than my oldest, Mark.  The kids picked on her unmercifully, her name at that time being Gay Christine, and at one time, my Pammie, ever the champion of the underdog, took on a kid who was bullying Chris.

Chris later moved away to Flint.  I didn't see her again for 12 years.  She knocked at my door--two large black trash bags dragging along behind her and asked if she could come in and call her sister to come and get her.  She had had a child, given to her husband's family and had come home to live with her parents and straighten out her life.

Her mother, just arriving home from time spent in the mental ward in a hospital in Flint, refused to go into the house unless Chris left.  Her Dad made her leave so that her Mother would go in the house.

Chris called her older sister, who refused to come and get her.

I went down to the parent's house the next day.  Told them Chris was staying with me, so they wouldn't worry, and boxed up the rest of Chris' stuff and went back home.

In the year she stayed with me, her Dad visited her once--her parents living about 1/4 mile away.

This so reminded me of Dar--inviting her homeless son and grandchildren to come live with her for six months and then insisting they get out after four months.

Now I remember.  Why the two women resemble each other.

Chris' mother is long gone, but the scars still remain--a little bit.

Now, Chris is taking care of me.  I love her like she was my own!!!
============================

7 comments:

  1. I'm so very glad Chris has you in her life, Judy. We all need that "someone" sometimes. Your life has been enriched by Chris, and hers by you. Bless you both.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read a story like this I am so grateful I had a pretty great childhood...not perfect but close enough. Chris was lucky to have you can then and you are lucky to have her now. So glad you found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friendships form in the most mysterious ways. Good for you for caring for her more than her own family! What a way to grow up.

    Speaking of Dar ... we need an update!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindness, brought you the gift of Chris's love. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people have very dark childhoods. Lucky for Chris, you were there for her, and I know she's there for you now. Your kindness has come back to you.

    ReplyDelete