title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Floating room divider........

Quirky, to say the least, but...........


when my sister walked in and saw it, she actually squealed.

"How did you ever come up with that!"

"I don't know.  It appeared in my head one morning when I woke up."

"I had a bet with myself that you would hang a sheer, blue curtain there."

"No!  Ugh!"

"That looks like something Mother would do."

"Kinda.  Doesn't it."

"I think you are channeling Mother."

"I doubt that.  Mother and you have the decorating gene, me not so much.  I can change a car tire or milk a cow, but I sure don't know how to decorate."

"Well, this is very cool.  It does stop my eye from looking directly down the hall.  That is so unique.  I am really proud of you!"







Sister Susan called me 2 hours later and said, "You know what?  An arrangement like that would look great in the corner of a room.  I've been thinking about it all afternoon!"

17 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks absolutely wonderful and does a great job of balancing the off-center TV and stopping the eye when looking down the hall. I would add one more heart-shaped piece a little lower your lowest ball. Love those colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! I'm going to try and include one in our new home - open floor plan and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SIsters! They get as excited as we do! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Judy, you are more of a decorator than you knew. It looks absolutely wonderful! I love it, and now you know I'm going to be thinking on how something like that would look around here! :)

    Awesome!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. you da' boom!!! it really does look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos do not do it justice. It is so much prettier in real life. :-) I'm still moving the arrangement around. Lower for one and then higher, than back the way it was. A mobile in motion I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cannot tell from image
    might like something like that on loft and sleeping area
    how did you do it ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got white hooks to screw up into the ceiling. I was afraid they would hold, in just the plaster board up there, so I put Gorilla Glue on the screw part and a tiny dab on the collar. I let them dry for a couple of days before I hung the glass balls, with fine fish line. So far--so good. I think this would be pretty hanging in a window, where the sunlight would make them sparkle.

      Delete
  9. This is so charming and light hearted. Way to go, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for you! Making an idea, happen!

    And now I "see" where you placed it. To keep 'the eye' from being drawn down the hall, when one walks into your home.

    Previously, I thought you were making it, near the front door, to block (a little) view into the living room, from the front door.

    Again, hooray for bringing an idea, "to life." !!!!!

    And btw, I can't "picture" things, in my head, like decorators can, either. It amazes me, how those decorators on tv, just look, and come up with such plans. Nope, that was not put in my genes. :-)

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just saw your comment elsewhere! So happy to find another wise woman, in Blog Land!!! Yes!!!!!!

    The blogger, you, and I agree!

    Yesssssssss!!!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your floating room divider. It looks very fresh and artistic. I don't have a place for a room divider, but you are right when you wrote that it would look pretty and sparkle in a sunny window. I love cobalt blue glass with sun shining through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cobalt Blue glass bottles, dishes and other glass things is my favorite color. I have a collection of bottles all in that color, different shapes and sizes.

      Delete
  13. What a great idea, Judy.....so pretty, and anything that draws light is so uplifting.

    ReplyDelete