title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, June 27, 2016

If Wishes Were Horses.....................

Our climate sure is weird the last few years.  There is either floods or fires.  Heavy rain or drought.

Living in Michigan, the nice summer moderate area shaped like the right hand of God and surrounded on three sides by Great Lakes, we usually only have a few days of heat in mid-July or August.

This year, we had snow in April and a bit the first week of May.  Now we have hot and dry with no measurable amount of rain for over a week.  While it is hot and dry, it is also hot and humid--which I know makes no sense.  I do not like hot and dry or hot and humid.  I want 72-75 degrees and humidity at or around 35%--maybe 45%.  I want open windows and doors and low 60 degrees at night, for fresh air and good sleeping.  I want a nice freshening breeze coming through the open windows and doors.  The weather used to be like that, until a decade ago when Mother Nature went into menopause and went all crazy!

Maybe that is why I love the months of May and October.  Balmy weather, windows and doors open and I do love winter.  I feel much better physically in colder weather.  Perhaps, that is because my ancestor's came from the Northern area of Germany?  I have their light skin, blue eyes and (once) white blonde hair.

Big thunder and rain storms are predicted here the last few days and the next few days and yet, just before they get here, the radar shows them fizzling out.  We had a nice soaker on June 16th--that's the last of our rain.  Oh well--it's nice in one way.  I'm saving money on NOT having to pay Don the Lawn Mowing Man for a cut every Monday.  HAH!
=================
I have noticed on Face Book and also the Blogs I read, no one is discussing politics anymore.  I guess we all are pretty sick of all the junk going on?  As I have mentioned, I became interested in the political system when I was 12.  We got a TV that year, and I laid on the floor in front of that TV and watched both Conventions and was fascinated by the process.  I have worked for and on many a local or state campaign for a candidate.  I have been absorbed--especially every four years for the Presidential election.  Now, I feel................

Blah!

I don't listen to the National News anymore.  I don't watch C-Span or FOX news or CNN.  Actually, I couldn't care less!  I am sick to death with the way our Government works.  They don't represent us in any way, shape or form anymore.  I may not even vote because, I don't feel like it matters. Neither candidate is right for the job.  Whomever gets in the White House is just going to go with their own personal agenda.  You've got a crook on the Left and a crook on the Right.  Blech!
====================
  
Okay--this is the (maybe) new couch and recliner.  It looks gray, but it is sort of a blue.




Which carpet color?  A



C
 

High traffic area, just inside the front door.

18 comments:

  1. I think the lightest carpet for the pretty factor, the darkest one for the practical factor. Mother Nature having menopause, lol !!! What a great line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the lightest carpet for the pretty factor, the darkest one for the practical factor. Mother Nature having menopause, lol !!! What a great line :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The darker carpet is too close to the couch color and the dark will show all kinds of things like tiny bits of thread or paper. If it was my choice I'd spend the $3-4 dollars it costs to get the samples of each and see them together, not in a photo. Some grays don't actually look good together.

    I wish no one was talking politics on my FaceBook. Three of Don's relatives are posting lots of propaganda/junk from conspiracy sites every day. They all live close to me, if I should ever need a ride to emergency so I keep my mouth shout and I never post political stuff myself. But I've lost respect a lot of for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have the tree samples, at no cost. I took a photo of each one.

      Delete
  4. love, love, love the couch, that is a great choice!! carpet "a" goes best with the couch and in my opinion will look very pretty!! i am not a recliner person but that's just me. it's a pretty recliner if you need one.

    i don't "do" politics. i read, i follow, i educate myself but i don't try to educate others!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a recliner of some sort since in my 40's. I love to get my legs and feet up. The cats love laying on the bottom part and napping while I knit/cross crochet/x-stitch. :-)

      Delete
  5. Didn't know you were getting a new couch, too! You're going to have to get used to your new living room, when it's done.
    I'm that fair, blue-eyed girl, too--but dishwater and gray hair (a loathsome combo--wish it would turn white!!)
    Like you, I would like to keep up with politics--but I cannot stomach any of it. I'm afraid our country has turned a page that we'll never turn back to...that our children aand grandchildren are in for a sad time ahead. O pray O am wrong, and I think we all need to bend our knee to God, and ask Him to have mercy on all of us, and forgive us for letting these things slip in that we mulct have been sleeping not to notice. It's breaking my heart.
    oh--I know you believe in prayer so I'm asking for prayer for me. On May 6, I went to sleep with a fever, and my husband woke me, and I didn't know him. He called the rescue squad, and I had pneumonia, very low blood pressure and later, they found, a big, bad blood clot.I had a pulmonary embolism and an extensive (17")blood clot in my right leg. I They got 80% of the clot out of my right leg. I have clot in my left lung, that they say is lodged in a place it can't move, and a clot in my left leg. I'm on Coumadin therapy, of course, but darn--- I'm weak as a kitten. It'll take time, but I'm not too proud to ask for prayer! Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not be getting the new couch and chair--I am "just looking". Maybe I can save up enough? My friend and I were talking this evening about thinking that it all looks like the world is coming toward the end--faster than we ever imagined. We are hoping the Rapture comes first so we don't have to go through the demolishing of the world. :-) If you could e-mail me your real name and where you live, I can pinpoint my prayers better. Not like God doesn't know all that, but I like to get real specific. I am on Xarelto after the A FIB incident I had April 15. I don't like it because I seem to bruise easily and when I get my teeth cleaned they bleed like crazy, BUT I don't have to have my INR checked and I can eat salads. I told them I would NOT take Coumadin, that my A FIB was related to dehydration and low Potassium and nothing more, but they insisted, so they put me on the new blood thinner. I'm really glad that your hubs DID wake you--low blood pressure can make you zombie-like and not even know your own name. Don't EVER be too proud to ask for prayer! We in the blog-0-sphere are always praying for each other. :-)

      Delete
    2. P.S. I know when Sally reads this, she will put you on her prayer list also. We pray a lot for each other. :-)

      Delete
    3. I'm so sorry for your friend, Judy, and will most definitely keep her in my prayers. God bless her. xoxo

      Delete
    4. Adding my prayers for your friend as well.xxoo

      Delete
  6. "A" would be my choice, I think. I know you like blue, but the color it shows is very pretty with some bright pillows. I hope you can get this Judy! You're as deserving as anyone I know. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely the lighter color for the contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look fabulous!!! I vote lighter for contrast also, but YOU are the one who has to live with it. I never thought I would have a recliner but now I can't imagine NOT having one. In Maui we have a sofa and a love seat ... that are all recliners! I call it the Old People Pit. You might ask if they can put in taller legs since you are a taller woman. It sure makes it easier to get up!!

    Positive healing vibes sent your way, Bluebird! And to all of Judy's blog readers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. C. Neither too light nor too dark, for reasons already said. This is exciting! So spiffy it will look.

    Hah! Maybe politics is going through menopause, or the terrible two's.

    Praying for you, Bluebird49. For restoration of strength and vigor. I'm so glad you asked for assistance, because there's a lot of love out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, all of you, for your prayers. I strongly believe in prayer, and I know God listens and hears. Whatever His decision after our prayers to Him, wearing these TEDs hose, and taking the blood thinner,(it'll never stay in the correct range---I went through this 20 ago too, but not as traumatic) --- I'll gladly accept His will! I am a believer in His saving grace, His death on the cross has already saved me, and I'm so thankful! I hope I haven't offended your readers, Judy, but I would never offend my Savior by not speaking of His Love whenever I get a chance. My husband and I both pray forthe Rapture to occur soon. He's always dreamed of us meeting Him in the air together! Then, our son and his family, would go, too. I do hope that I don't have a stroke or the like before that--- ending in a burden for what could be years to my husband and/or son and his family! I've been married 50 years this Thursday, and have had a decent life. We had no idea (at 16 and 19 and a baby on the way) how to manage the one paycheck my husband brought home from his swing shift job at the paper mill. Still, all things considered, even with losing an adult daughter, we have been wonderfully blessed with friends, and we are best friends, ourselves! Money is far from being everything! :) Oh, I'm sure it helps a lot---but some things, it just can't buy--- and not a cent of it really belongs to us, nor returns with us! ;)
      My name is Trudy Atkins, 23370 Grant St., Courtland, VA 23837, Judy---I'd be glad to hear from you, and anyone else.:) Don't we all love a "real" letter now and then?!

      Delete
    2. Trudy! Your married life started out just like mine, except we were 19 & 17. That one tiny little pay check--if we were careful with our budget, we could afford to split a Tastee Freez Banana Split every other week. :-)

      You aren't going to offend my readers with anything you say! I know for sure, I never would have made it this far without God's unfailing help. There is no other explanation. I have really become stronger in my faith the last two years. Now, I am quite peaceful all the time. God is in control and everything will be all right! I'll keep praying for ya. :-)

      Delete
  10. I have strong political opinions but I'm tired of yammering about things and nothing ever gets done about them. Same with the weather: Everybody likes to talk about it but nobody ever does anything. Haaahaha that's an old joke but I couldn't resist. Decorating is fun so just haul off and have a blast with it. October (I adore the "ber" months) will be here before we know it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete