title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Dwindling down........

.....and I think, this was the quickest year I lived!!!!

BB please send me an e-mail telling me how I can access your blog again.
===================
December 27th, 2018--at Karen & Mark's.

On my drive down to their place, I wondered if my oldest granddaughter Helene might be pregnant again.  For some reason, I have had that feeling for about a month.  Thinking it would be gauche to ask, I made myself promise not to even think about it.

Karen & Mark's addition they put on that year.  Most people in their mid-50's, with all their kids gone, might consider downsizing.  Not the Rivards.  They do everything together as a family and with marriages and grand children going to be arriving in the next couple of years, they decided they need more room, not less.  So they added on, like half a house, for their dining and family room.



I was the first to arrive and captured my seat at the far end of that big sectional--the section that has a foot rest.

I wanted to wear my comfy jeans and a turtle neck, but  decided I should dress up a bit and put on dress slacks that were a bit too uncomfortable in the waist and a dress top.

Everyone else showed up in jeans and comfy tops!!!

Karen & my son's wife Cindy seated--my Pammie in the elf shirt and Marcus' new bride Morgan, standing behind him.  My BIL Chuck, SIL Mark, sister's two grand girls, my sister, my empty seat and granddaughter Susanna on the hassock. 



We played a Charades-like game.  You can see my green, red and white slippers and Della watching, as Karen set up the game.


Gosh--it was fun, even I got 2 whole points.  My granddaughter Helene was the last one to play.  On her last word, she pointed to her tummy.  My sister, seated next to me yelled, "Hungry".  I yelled "pregnant"...then Helene held up two fingers.   Wait.  What?

Then Helene said, "Gramma.  I'm pregnant.  With twins!"

I almost fell getting out of that recliner to run and hug her!  Twins?  Due in early July and, if they come early, Helene said she was going to have them on June 21st, my 80th birthday. 
======================
Setfan & Maddie, Della, Helene& Mike, Me, Marcus,(Morgan had to leave), Susanna, ( her fiance couldn't make the trip), Carolyn & Stephen.


In chronological order--Helene 33, Susanna 31, Marcus 29, Stephen 25, Madeleine 22.
====================
My son Mark taking a nap.  He is not feeling well at all.  So bloated from all the cancer drugs/steroids he is on and in a lot of pain from his back.    



Then--this was brought out.  All the Rivard's went in together to get me a TV that I can actually see.  Mark and Karen came up the next day to set it up for me.  See the smaller one above it? I went from 32" to 43".  YOWZA.


9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a nice day with your family, Judy. And, twins, yowsa! Awesome photos. New t.v. that was so nice of them.

    It pains me to know that Mark isn't feeling well; I had hopes he'd be better but know from family experience that C has a mind of its own. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry merry Christmas! Oh my gosh what a grand get together.

    And a new football viewing device? Merry merry merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful party, family and addition to the house. I've known a couple of people who up-sized as their families grew. My niece just bought a bigger car so she could have two baby car seats inside plus take some adults along.

    You're going to love that big TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful family having a good time. I think they were wise to add more room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely time for you, and a great gift to go along with the great day. I have worked with a fella whose last name is Rivard. Wonder if there is any connection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Judy! What a wonderful holiday gathering. You can tell from the photos that love abounds. With twins on the way, I can imagine that you will be busy creating two new baby blankets. Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to hear of twins and see s miles. Wow, your family doesn't "go big or go bome", they "go big at home"!
    Glad you could be with your kiddos, Judy. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwww! I love your TV! You'll enjoy that so much when you're watching your soaps and your games. When it comes to televisions, bigger is better. Also I'm glad you dressed up on Christmas. People don't dress anymore; I love to dress up and I always do, for every occasion. It makes it seem more special. It's so warm here, I've got the A/C running. Just weird. Happy New Year to you, Judy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up - what an amazing day of blessings, and what a great treat to look forward to - TWINS! Wow. How fabulous. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete