title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, December 16, 2018

I took my computer into rehab Thursday early morning.  
I can tell how pitiful my life is because, being without my computer was like being without my soul mate!!!  I wandered around the rest of the day, not knowing what to do!

Friday I had figured out that it would be a good time to get some other stuff done.  My back was still pretty sore, but I noticed I could vacuum the bedroom while sitting on the bed, the bathroom, while sitting on the toilet and the living room while scooting around in my (wheeled) office chair--cleaned up the office that way too and dusted the office.  The cat's litter box is in here and it makes so much dust when I clean it out every day.  I gotta try that "dustless" cat litter I see advertised.

I also got my "baby boy" blanket done.


I also got the 3" memory foam I had ordered and cut a new piece for my office chair.  Buddy Cat seemed to like it so much, I cut him some too.  It is behind my recliner, where he likes to lay.




I also got to watch more TV than usual and saw some real edifying programs on history and politics and the Bible.

I got my computer back Saturday afternoon.  They had put it into a machine that blows all the dust and dirt out of it.  Then they hook it up to some sort of program that ran for 24 hours and takes out all viruses, temporary files, cookies, malware--all that bad stuff that can use up hard drive space, slow the computer down, and cause big time problems.

I was having advertisements pop-up while working in my Family Tree or even Word Documents.  None of those are hooked up to the Internet, so I had no clue how the ads were getting through.

All that has been taken care of!  My computer now runs at the speed of sound.
====================
Thursday I went for my eye appointment.  My cataracts have not grown in 3 years--YAY, so no need of surgery just yet.  I did need some more "power" in my glasses, so I got a prescription and will get a new pair....soon.  All the glasses places are going back to the heavier plastic frames, which I have always preferred over these thin metal ones, but they all seem to be in dark colors.  I don't think my gray hair and pale skin are going to look good in a dark frame, but I will see when I go looking.
====================
My back seems to be getting a bit better today.  It has localized to just one spot.  I can feel the swelling over the "owie" spot.

I had to make a Pepsi run and the store parking lot was filled, so I had to walk a long ways to the store.  I took my cane to help.  When I got in the store, I saw 8 electric carts all charged up and ready to go.  Why not?" I said, jumped in one, put my purse and cane in the front basket, and tooled all over the store.  Such fun!

The Pepsi is always way at the back of the store, so I went there first, then heading up toward the check-out area, I went up and down aisles I have never been before.  Always walking and pushing my cart, I'd get a sore back and tired out.  This way, just riding around in my little buggy, I could go anywhere I wanted.

Because I was parked so far out, I asked the cashier if I was allowed to take the cart out to my car, she said, "Sure.  I'll get someone to bring it back to the store for you."

YOWZA!!!

Pretty soon this little lady came up and introduced herself.  She told me her name was "Jody"--she told me exactly 4 times her name was Jody and not many girls are named Jody and it is a boy's name, but she is Jody.  All the while I am driving along, she is walking beside the cart and expounding on her name....just in case I had forgotten, is "Jody.  My name is Jody."

She loaded my few purchases in the trunk of the car, helped me to my car, practically making me fall into the seat, she was so eager to help, then told me, "The next time you come, call the manager from your car and I will come out and pick you up.  Just ask for Jody."  Then she drove the cart back to the store.

I have seen her before.  She is the one that goes out and gets all the carts out of the corrals and takes them back into the store.  A bit dim, but she sure does her job with great care and compassion.
====================
Today, I am once again working on the genealogy and have a MichiganState Basketball game to watch at 5:00.

We are coming down towards Christmas week, which means I am going to have to go to the store again to get ingredients for the Taco Chip Dip I always make.

I think I will take the electric cart again!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. I can sympathize, I feel so lost without my computer.

    I bought my dog a memory foam pad for his cage but he doesn't like it because he can't stand on it well enough to get out. Your cat looks really happy with his.

    I think all the chain stores have that service where you can have an electric cart meet you at your car. Pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I need to get a cell phone to take advantage of this service.

      Delete
  2. Glad the computer is fixed, Judy.

    We had a sweet girl like Jody working at Winn Dixie. I'm always glad to see where companies employ those who are developmentally disabled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of our stores, especially Walmart and Meijer, hire people with Downs Syndrome and other challenges. I love interacting with them because they always seem so happy and helpful beyond belief.

      Delete
  3. When my hips were so bad I was too proud to ever get onto one of those carts but now I wish I'd given in and taken one. You were probably the first normal-weight person to ever use one. Usually it's folks who are 100-200 pounds overweight. Sorry not sorry. And Jody's elevator may not go all the way to the top, but she sounds like a treasure. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you discovered the electric cart and it helped. And glad your computer is back to normal or better.
    have a wonderful christmas
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the baby blanket! You crochet so well!
    Soon I'll give son the history you did; he'll be so pleased. Of course with grandkids who want for nothing, I'm supposed to give them money! Like they need it.
    I haven't managed to get into this season, and it's a hard feeling. Hard seeing FB posts where families seem so excited, have 5 trees up--inside and out, cookies baked, all that. For some reason it's wearing me down more this year!
    Glad you used the motorized cart! I'm afraid I'll kill someone if I do!
    Have a happy, peaceful Christmas, friend!
    Love, Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I am lost without my computer, for both work and enjoyment!! but I have my iPhone and iPad, so that helps!! The blanket is gorgeous, you did such and amazing job on it!!

    I can walk short distances, but use a scooter or wheelchair all the time for shopping and getting around. I don’t love doing it but I am able to enjoy a lot more activities by doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is this magical spray analgesic that my dad introduced me to - you may find it helpful if you are able to maneuver your hand to aim the spray where you back hurts - it's miraculously helpful - at least for a while. The one we've used is CVS Arthritis Pain Relief Spray (I think) in a yellow spray can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Judy, I, too, am finding ways to deal with growing older and also with an occasional twinge! I now order my groceries on-line from HY-Vee and all my toiletries and office supplies from Amazon. And I've learned to ask for help in the airport. People are so generous in responding. I say use that electric cart whenever you can!!! Peace.

    ReplyDelete