title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, December 20, 2018


Quite an adventure yesterday.

I had to get groceries and for some reason, instead of going to Meijer, I went to Walmart. I didn't take the electric cart because I thought maybe walking would be good for my back. It wasn't.

By the time I got to the check-out, I was having spasms in my back, something I have never had before.

As I was walking slowly out, someone called my name...it was the guy that shovels out my driveway in the winter. He offered to put my groceries in the trunk of the car for me. What a relief.


As I drove home, I wondered how I was going to unload my car--even using my cart that goes up the steps, to pull it up was going to just about put me under.

"Please God, give me strength to do this":


As I neared my driveway, I noticed a car in my drive. It was the guy! He hauled all my groceries into the house for me and sat them up on the kitchen counter so I wouldn't have to bend over to pick them up off the floor to put them away.


You don't believe in God's providence? If I had gone to Meijer, like I planned, I never would have met him and never got the help I so desperately needed.
I know he's out of work and I know where he lives--he drove several miles out of his way to stop here. I had $10.00 left from my grocery money and I gave it to him to help with gas for his car.
I also gave him a hug, a kiss on the cheek, a Merry Christmas and a God Bless you, Dan.


God works in mysterious ways.....................
====================
Then when I got home, there was a message on my phone that my prescription was filled and ready to be picked up--at Walmart.  So I had to go in this afternoon and get it.  Of course, the parking lot is filled, so again, I had to walk 457 thousand miles and then stand in line at the pharmacy.

...and when I got home today, there is another message on my phone telling me the inkjet cartridges I ordered are in and ready for pick-up....in the other town I live near, Brighton.  ARGGH!!!  The traffic will be even worse in that town.
==========================
I have discovered that my back doesn't hurt when I bend over--weird, huh?  It only hurts when I walk, so around the house, I have been walking, bent over at the waist with my arms hanging down alongside my legs.  This might be a good thing....I can see better with my face nearer the floor so I won't trip on a rug or cat and...I'm not as conscious of the clutter on my kitchen counters/table/etc. 
========================
I have a total of 78 hours into this genealogy, that I started Nov. 12th.

I have the pedigrees done, the book written, well over 130 pages.


Now all I have to do is print out the book, insert the pedigrees and get the book bound. I just might have it finished by years end.


My client gave me a plastic storage box, filled with file folders, scraps of paper, letters and a few photos. She wanted me to organize the 6 different families into a book. 


On my research, I found more photos and family bios. Even with her accumulated research, she is going to be surprised at what additional generations and information I found.

This has been a fabulous adventure--England, France, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, Scotland and Canada.
What a trip!!!!!!!
==================
The Winter Solstice is tomorrow--along with a full moon and a meteor shower.  It might be best to just stay inside, but if you do go out--beware of falling objects from the sky.

4 comments:

  1. Dan sure has a good heart! It's one thing to load your groceries but to also drive to your house to help you bring them inside... well, that's truly generous. I'm sure you made him feel good about himself, too.

    Sorry your back is giving you trouble. With me it's my feet and arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for the pain you're in, but glad you had an angel help you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a trip indeed, and I know your client will love it.
    I can't seem to walk upright either, and use a cane most of the time.
    Hope you and your sister have a wonderful Christmas together, Judy!
    Love, Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you do get around for someone with a bad back! I'm being silly but I do fervently pray that you get relief for that condition soon, and that it doesn't put a damper on your holiday festivities. I cooked all day yesterday in preparation for the first of two family party Christmases, and last night my back was tight. That never happens to me so I'm very fortunate. But we often don't appreciate something until it's gone! Speaking of gone, 2018 is all but. Have a Merry Christmas, Judy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete