title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Nice Day


This is what I woke up to this morning.  Just enough milk for my hot Nestle's Quik (breakfast).



 Luckily, I had that 6" sub left--I ate half so I'd have some left for supper.

I decided to walk out and get the mail--come along with me--okay?

My view from the front door

My view from the rocking chair Karen gave me when she bought new ones

 Down the steps, these are beside the front corner of the house.


Aha, Morning Glories coming up already--to twine up that trellis

 Let's take a detour to walk around the house


Where they took out the stump.  
I don't know if there is enough afternoon
light for Iris to grow here.
It's on the East side, so would get morning sun.
Hm-mm.

My shed and the neighbors behind me.
The neighbors with the yappy, damn Shiatsu.
They have raised garden-beds all over their lot.
They just throw down some landscaping cloth,
add the landscaping stone and throw in some soil.
Every year, they move them around. 

Nice garden, on west side, full sun reflecting off that white shed.


Hey!  I see Zinnia seedlings coming up.


Up toward the front of the house--west side.  My Lilac Bushes and
Rose of Sharon.  Rose of Sharon will bloom in late July and August
with bright pink flowers, white and bluish-purple.

All different types of Hostas around the Lilacs--this is where
I planted the left over Impatiens yesterday.

The unusual Hosta that was my Great Grandmas.
100+ years old and doing great.

  My nice shady front porch

Over by Jackie's house to get the mail.  Dar's house is the one on the left.


Usual mail--junk

Back across the street



My side garden around the tree--May Apples, Trilliums, Violets,
Jack-in-the-Pulpit--all transferred here from my woods
out by the farm where I used to live.
Freddie's lilies coming up by the steps.


 The sign my sister painted for me on a piece of slate
she found on Prince Edward Island.

My squirrel proof railing planters.
I see a few Sweet Pea seedlings coming up.


Back to my comfy porch.
I come out here each evening at 7:00 to read my daily
Bible devotional, relax and enjoy watching
my world.

This evening, around 5:00 I decided to take a walk.  I made it all the way to the corner!!!  It was only about 65 degrees, with the sun and a bit of a breeze.  On the way back, I stopped at Pearl's for a quick chat.  She seems to sit sort of slipped off to one side in her chair.  She had been grocery shopping with her daughter and she drove the electric buggy.  She ran into a display and knocked the whole thing to the floor.  Then when they got out to her daughter's car, she ran the buggy into the side of it.

It makes me sad to see her like this.

16 comments:

  1. Love your pretty yard and flowers!

    About Pearl? That's exactly why I will not be talked into driving an electric buggy at Walmart! I'd run into something....or worse, back over a child. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feared that too, but after my hip surgery I had to use one. Wish I still could--I found it fun and a nice way to get around the store. YOU wouldn't run into anything, you still have your wits about you, Pearl no longer has.

      Delete
  2. Judy, everything looks so neat, pretty and just perfect
    You have everything perfect and have neighbors. I read your
    sharing and compare to my home with woods on 3 sides and no
    close neighbors and makes me wonder if this would be better
    for me at this time. But love the peace, quiet and nature
    surrounding me. Do not think I could make a dramatic change
    and start over at this time of life. I am proud of you
    and your sharing makes me smile. Have a wonderful day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This park is nice and quiet and we neighbors all look out for each other, BUT--if it were up to me, I'd live where you do. As you know, I am a country girl and a loner so I would love peace and quiet and no neighbors. LOL BUT--yes, a place like this would be easier on you. You could still have your gardens to putz around in and maintenance trims the trees and a guy mows the lawn. Besides, it is 2 miles either way to the grocery stores, hospital, doctors, dentist, anything I need.

      Delete
  3. Yes, you keep everything so neat!!! Which is wonderful! But if anyone had read here for long, they know you do. You are always maintaining. Which is the secret, of home ownership. But not everyone knows this.

    Love to take a walk, with a blogger!!!!! Love-it-to-pieces!

    Perhaps you can do the same, inside?

    I know... Give me an inch, and I take a mile. As the old saying goes.

    Happy June, Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a walk about inside, but it was a few years ago. Maybe I can make a video?

      Delete
  4. That pot of petunias on your porch makes me so happy. I wish flowers would grow like that here. Too hot, too dry.

    Your refrigerator makes me sad. I can't imagine having so few items in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So few things in the fridge and cupboards is a regular around here. End of month, no money--usual. Did you notice however, cans of cat food. They are never without. LOL

      Delete
  5. I loved the walk with you. Your porch is so inviting and pretty. Wish I could come over for a visit!
    It is so sad to hear about Pearl. She has been such a good friend.
    Hope your refrigerator looks a little less sparse very soon!! It is the story for so many seniors, and other's, too. Sad
    May you soon be surrounded by all the fruits of your labor in your planters, and pots. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcia. I'd love a visit from you. Except, I'd rather visit you and be near the ocean!

      Delete
  6. Your world is charming and beautiful! I love picturing you there. You are a good friend to Pearl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a heart of gold!! You take such nice care of your property!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics. I'm catching up, so I've seen he video. Did you have your stump ground up? If you did, will that inhibit your flowers from growing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pearl is lucky to have a friend like you and I enjoyed the walk and the views ! Everything looks lovely! That squirrel proof planter is new to me and a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pearl is lucky to have a friend like you and I enjoyed the walk and the views ! Everything looks lovely! That squirrel proof planter is new to me and a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful post!! Your little house is just adorable and must be perfect for you. I love the porch and your yard is lovely. What a great idea you have with the squirrel proof flower box! I just saw a story online about a man who was upset because he thought that someone was stealing his little flags that he'd put in his yard. It turns out that it was a squirrel pulling the flags off of the sticks, balling them up and carting them away. Lol!! They are such pests but, to be honest, I love them!! : ) Can't wait to see all of your pretty flowers in bloom!! Have a beautiful rest of your Sunday. xoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete