title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, May 29, 2017

Finally..................

It's been a long nine months, since I packed away my white jeans/shorts/pants and purse.  Finally...today...we in the North can once again wear white!

While it seems to be all right to wear white athletic shoes during the winter, I find it weird to wear them while sloshing through snow.  Those months, I wear my black or navy penny loafers.

Now--I can comfortable wear my New Balance or my cute little lacey patterend Keds.  I used to wear a lot of Thong sandals, something like a flip-flop, but with a strap to hold on my foot.

Image result for thong sandal

Then someone had the bright idea to take away the strap and we ended up with a shoe that made a flip-flop noise as it slapped against the bottom of our feet.  I have owned one pair.  They were to use at the fitness center to wear to get from pool to shower room or vice versa--to keep us from getting athlete's foot.  My Pammie used to wear flip-flops until one day, she stepped on something and it came up, beside the sole, and badly cut her foot.

I can honestly say I don't know of anyone who wears flip-flops.  Some of the olders in this park wear those rubberized clog thingies.

All my girl people wear cute sandals.

My guy people wear athletic shoes or boat shoes.
Men's Dockers Vargas, Size: 10.5 M, Rust Soft Genuine Leather
I have old, unattractive feet so, I go bare footed in the house and wear a pair of slip-on boat shoes for outside, or my New Balance or my Keds.

TODAY--we can start wearing all of these and.......white!!!!  For three whole months, until Labor Day...we can wear White!  This just may be one of the biggest celebration days up here!!

11 comments:

  1. I wear flip flops almost year round! Always in Maui and mostly here unless it is raining or snowing. Vionic brand as they have an arch.

    I just have HOT FEET!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Missie--you need a better support shoe!!!
      and please read your e-mail?

      Delete
  2. I didn't know people still follow that no-white-before-Memorial-Day rule. I never buy white anything and I don't notice when others start wearing it. I can't believe you don't wear winter boots here in Michigan! But I'm happy you're happy about getting out all your white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems, where I live, the snow is all scraped away almost as soon as it falls. Driveway is cleared. Parking lots are cleared and salted. I DO have a pair of boots, but never seem to need them. BTW--I felt so light and happy to be able to take my white purse with me yesterday. :-)

      Delete
    2. I did change to a gray purse. Does that count...my first time though. I usually carry black year around.

      Delete
  3. YESSS! "Oh happy day!"

    And I can break out my new mostly white bag, which I carry as a purse. And can put my nearly white nurses shoes on again. The *lovely* kind, which lace and tie! Because this old one, can not wear anything, which doesn't tie, anymore.

    No fashion statement, but better than falling.

    But!!! "Mother Nature" is not a 'Fashionista'... She provides darn right cold weather today. My purse would look silly, since I will have to wear an over-jacket, to keep my teeth from chattering.

    Oh well! The main thing is, WE CAN AGAIN!!!! >,-))))))

    Celebrate!!!!!!

    >,-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flipflops... Dislike them.... Never wore them.... Dislike seeing grands wear them.... Thankfully, they seem to have moved to those heavier, plastic, yard shoes. which they slip on and off, as easily as flip-flops. And they certainly give more protection.

    Next door, everyone leaves shoes-at-the-door. They do it here, when they come over too.

    Not me. My feet get cold, with just cotton socks on, until it is "broiling" hot, in summer. And I need those *fashionable* lace and tie shoes, all the time, so I don't fall.

    Nope, no flip flops here!!!!! And good for you. None there either.

    Off to see if our cold, gray morning, is still predicted to bring T-storms. ?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehehe - i wear whatever i want, whenever i want, i don't know those rules and if i did, i would not follow them!!! i have nerve pain in my feet, if i enclose them, the pain is unbearable. i wear flip flops for comfort, even in the winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a white linen jacket that I start wearing around Easter. Same with espadrilles. They come out after Easter. Now that warm weather is really here, I am wearing my toeless shoes which means painting my toenails on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flip flops year around here, but you already know that. I don't pay attention about when to wear whatever.

    I'm happy for you though!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, y'all down south, where it is warm all the time, can wear whatever you want. I visited Florida in February, March and I wore white all the time, because it looks good down there. Now, here in the Mitten State, if I went out in January with my white jeans on, and boat shoes, people would think I was nutz!!!

    ReplyDelete