title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, March 30, 2017

I'm Fine!!!

The worst part of that prep was 3:00am this morning when I had to drink the other bottle of the Suprep.  I mixed it with ice cold Crystal Light Lemonade--which I will never be able to drink again.  I held my breath, and breathed through my mouth for several minutes--followed by water.  But--I was "running clear" as they call it by 6:00 and did get a nap in before Pammie arrived.

We had to drive down the traffic laden expressway in a continual downpour, but found the place and the correct entrance before 9:00.  The worst part of the next phase was the needle in my hand, but I had to have it so I could get the Michael Jackson Special--the Milk of Dreams--Propofol!  I love that stuff!!!

I don't remember it, but the recovery room nurse said I was singing, Jesus Loves Me, while I was waking up.  Pammie was soon sitting right there beside.

The doc removed an internal hemorrhoid I got when Jennifer was born, I wanted the doc to put it in some formaldehyde so I could give it to Jen for her 46th birthday, but he said he had to send it in.   Then he stated, "Considering you have never had a colon-oscopy before, you are in great health for someone your age."  Why do they have to put those last three words on every report I get?  I guess he expected to find polyps?

So, I go back in five years.  As if that is ever going to happen.  LOL.  I'm glad I got it done though.  Along with the lung CT scan, now I know another hidden area in my body is healthy and happy.

We got there at 9:00, my procedure was at 10:00 and Pammie and I were on our way home at 11:09.

13 comments:

  1. As I said on FB - YAY!
    Well, shucks though; Jennifer won't get her prize. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! I'm actually surprised at how little time you were at the hospital. My last one seemed like an all day affair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual colonoscopy only took 20 minutes and, I always recover quickly from the sedative.

      Delete
  3. WHEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!

    I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

    And yes, I do mean the CAPS!!!!!!

    Thank you for telling us today. Now we can all sleep better, tonight!!!!!!!

    Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs.... Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I tell you, how happy I am for you??????????

    WELL, I MIGHT AS WELL SAY IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

    -drum roll-

    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh judy, YaY!! send me your health and i will send you some sea glass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thumbs up, Judy. Such good news. I'm glad it's all behind you, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thankful that went well! I lost my mother to colon cancer because she chose to ignore all the symptoms. One of her sisters and 2 of my cousins have also had it. I get a scope on a regular basis, and the prep last time was so easy I saved the instructions in case they change it next time around (which they have a tendency to do). It was basically Miralax (thin and tasteless) mixed in gatorade. Anyway, I'm so happy that all is well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of that family history, you need to get scoped often!! My sister did the Ducolax pills and Miralax prep last time and said it was the best way to go! At least I didn't have to do the one where you have to mix up and drink a gallon of the junk. LOL

      Delete
  8. I am glad to hear that this went well and I had a good laugh at you singing Jesus Loves Me while high as a kite :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS on clean as a whistle!!! Keep on singing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such wonderful news!! You made me laugh out loud with your birthday present idea!!! LOL!! I just love your sense of humor!! xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray, Been think about you and I'm glad things turned out OK. Now you can exhale, and get on with life!

    ReplyDelete